• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Polls prove 2007scape uncertain unless community stays the same.

Started by Asaad, March 01, 2013, 02:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asaad

I urge you all to read the post on Runescape's home page if you have not already done so.
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/old-school-runescape-poll-results-in

http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server

As you can see we have Basic support rather than weekly. We will have a small team of people to run the game. This game will have however anti-bot programs implemented as well as new content decided by the players.

Most importantly, the membership is free for 6 months. However, this depends solely on the community. Now I know some people who are buying their membership on another account for 2 dollars and are planning to stop paying the next time around. How many accounts do you think voted on that method?

We rely on no membership fee for a prospering Old School Runescape. Jagex has given that a try with a twist just 700 votes shy of 450k. If the community is active enough after the 6 free months given, they will continue this service.

Brings up a few questions:
Will the 07 pvp community survive in an uncertain future?
Obviously we won't have the same number of continuous active players, do you think this will impact Jagex's decision?
Can WG now make a decision without knowing the future of the game.

Change is certainly risky nowadays.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Jesus

Rammstein

I can't understand why people are so anti-07. Sure if you don't like it then don't play it, stay with that shit hole of a game that is EoC where all you do is pvm. Chances are that Rs2007 will remain.

Creeper975

I'm interested to see what type of stuff is going to come up in the polls.

Rick

Covertly there always would have been a trial period, the fact the votes fell short of 500k just meant they made it overt.

In my opinion we got the absolutely best possible result. No additional fee, anti-bot technology and only a small team as opposed to dedicate: less likely to screw up the game again.

Pretty much the entire PvP fan base has adopted 07 Scape, that is where the action is shifting and I suspect where it will remain for a healthy period.

Ts Stormrage

Quote from: Rammstein on March 01, 2013, 12:10:47 PM
I can't understand why people are so anti-07. Sure if you don't like it then don't play it, stay with that shit hole of a game that is EoC.

I can't understand why people are so anti-EoC. Sure if you don't like it then don't play it, stay with that shit hole of a game that is 07.

Tbh, if the people that were massively complaining about EoC just shut up and left and found themselves another game, 07 server votes wouldn't have broken 100k...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Jesus

IlIScottIlI

Quote from: Jesus on March 01, 2013, 08:40:16 PM
EoC still shit though
m8 everyone has their own preference on what they'd rather play just cuz you don't like it doesn't make it shit...

i liked 07 scape at first but at the end of the day there were just too many updates that came out since 07 that i missed and well now i'm back to EoC

Pacman Syu

NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<