• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Tanking Poison with tips

Started by Dream War, September 01, 2013, 11:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream War

Just something for new tankers:
Early Fight Tanking Vs Poison
If you see one person hopping on you make sure to have protect prayers and food along with tank switches ready. Always hesitate the chance of being the pile. I have seen many people get banged out before they even realise what is going on.
I am hoping that we get another tank testing event planned soon with surprise tank tests. + more KO power and + more people.

Lastly, if you are the target LOOK OUT for who is attacking you. If it is 8 melee and 2 rangers, the pray switch is obvious. Vice versa with rangers and meleers. When you are out of bind try running around terain. It really does stall them and give you extra time to heal up.
Goodluck everyone in your next fights ^.^

0:27 Notice rangers are focussing on me (switch prayers).    0:49 Majority meleers are on me now (switch prayers).    0:59 Focus on weaving through trees while eating.   1:10   The point of a 30+ second tank is to keep the clan on you while your clan is taking out them. The longer they are on you, the better. :)

Mojo

You need to put steel skin on, it can really help. I know you were sceptical but you really need to use it ;)

Anyway, decent guide.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Dream War

Thanks for the input mojo, it would have helped although i was sorta in a panic (as is every tank) but good input.  :nyan: :nyan: :nyan:

BeeBee

Full Pizza's mate. Fuck da Swordies.

Once you get good, tanking is all preference. I remember when I got quite decent in 2011 I used to tank in full hides and do the prayer switching between Range and Melee (putting rune legs on if required) pray until I make a drag then the full green dhide and mage pray comes out and you usually don't get bound, but you need to be extremely quick.

I'd look for a video of HAR doing it because he was just beast at it, but I dont have the time atm.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

YumYumMix

*cough* i was the last survivor *cough*

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Josheh

Member since 8-8-8

Quikdrawjoe

Real men tank off screen then log out
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

BeeBee

Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on September 03, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
Real men log out a split second before they pile you.

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Quikdrawjoe

BeeBee

Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on September 03, 2013, 08:09:00 PM
Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on September 03, 2013, 04:29:27 PM
Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on September 03, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
Real menBad tanks log out a split second before they pile you.

Fixed

Can't disagree :3
NBK vs AV r1
Dungeoneering OP!

Quikdrawjoe

Wow even with you getting KOed NBK is still up by 1.  AV must be really bad then ##