• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Legacy Beta.

Started by Kung_Man149, June 14, 2014, 01:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kung_Man149

Anyone gonna try it?
If so, what do you hope comes from it?
If not, why?

Personally, I'm gonna try it to see if I feel about the game as I did back then and to see if it'll revitalize the clan scene in the live game somewhat.
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

geoff_7th

Ye im dying for it to come out

PineappleTom

Nah. I like EOC & the combat systems.

Although, pking old school would be nice and simples again :) Only because I haven't learned EOC pking yet.

Mojo

Will probably try it. I don't mind any of the combat systems tbh.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Mister Kyle

Interested to see the strength bonuses on drygore and stats of ports armor tbh

Patty

I quite like EoC, I miss the old fixed screen though, and hopefully RS3 pking will pick up!

Josheh

I like RS3 however its hard to PK with this combat system so Ill be trying legacy mode for pking!

Member since 8-8-8

Al

Not trying to be pessimistic, but if I had to guess I don't think it'll do much since the PvP clan scene wasn't that great pre-EoC, which is what Legacy looks like. The only way it'll make a true comeback is if they revitalize the wilderness and make it a unique and profitable place worth going to and by fixing other problems.

Right now, I'd say it's doing O.K. with Warbands. The wilderness gets active every 7 hours. If you look at it in another way, that's actually a huge improvement for a very long time. You're GUARANTEED action--even more than Rev Caves--even though that's slightly different. For comparison and by sheer numbers, I don't think Legacy's going to increase the population of the PvP world more than what Warbands has done. I feel like it'll be something there for nostalgia then eventually die out in favor of EoC.

Of course I don't mind Legacy to improve the state of PvP. Just my guess if I had to put money on it.

Some pics:

[spoiler]Hitting a warband camp

Run-in organized after warband

The RS3 world was already this active for a while and a lot of us (including myself) were ignorant of it...[/spoiler]
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mister Kyle

Josheh

Okay bros, I've had a play and I can 100% guarentee if this goes live I'll be coming back to full membership/active... loving it, most people are being really respectful and the 1 v 1 pvp culture is thriving.

Not much rushing/1 iteming.

Drygores are very overpowered so my tip is if you're going to start PvPing use other weapons you're likely to use in the actual wildy! (D scimmy, korasi (spec never fucking works), d defender, enhanced excalibur, VLS,  chaotics (maul really strong).... DHAROK PKING IS BACK BABY! Its only like a 2m risk!

Yeah so I'm pretty excited.

Member since 8-8-8

Ts Stormrage

A guy named Mr Bugatti came in with 3 suggestions for His Lordship's vid about Legacy:

1: Claws shouldn't be off and mainhand; its a spec weapon and therefor should not be a 2 clock action.
In fact, all legacy special attack weapons shouldn't require their offhand counterpart...

2: Spiritshields need their passive ability back (or something similar)

3: Gamers Grotto minigames should be put back into the wilderness (where they belong, although the Clanwars portal could also be put in the Clancamp).

His words, but my first though is to not worry too much about clan portal locations cuz of the Tower of Voices update thats coming...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.