• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Fondest Memories..

Started by Griff, August 31, 2012, 10:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griff

What are your fondest memories of Runescape? I hate to sound like Runescape is dead, however with the EOC becoming ever closer, essentially, the Runescape as we know it is almost over.

With that in mind, think back to the those moments you can vividly remember in your Runescape career? was it a level? A drop from a monster? A Pk?

Personally for me it was maxing my range tank and competing in the Phalanx vs Valhalla full out. Great fun.

If I was really going back, I remember when I was a level 70 main in around 2003-2004 and scammed a random girl on my friends list for a purple phat (I wanted to screenshot myself with it... honest) and then proceeded to sell it for 20m and bought a lot ( not sure how many ) Camelot Teleports, and spend the next week or so constantly teleporting to camelot to achieve 85 magic so I could teleblock. This is when 85 magic was a rarity and the pking method was, teleblock>entangle>charge>flames of zamorak. Which also took me ages to get since there was always pesky PKers at mage bank stopping me from doing the arena!

Would like to hear everybody's memories, I can feel the nostalgia already..

Toby

When me, Mark, Jordan, James, Creeper, Saad, Da Kno, Easy Tiger, Damien and zooby used to go on daily pk trips.. Those were the days.  We had lots of fun
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Griff

You mean you went to the wild and actually found people there? :o

Toby

Quote from: Griff on August 31, 2012, 11:14:10 AM
You mean you went to the wild and actually found people there? :o

When the bounty hunt worlds were yeah! shit was crowded and lots of l00t was made
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Raging Mage2

everything before I quit the first time.

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Elyxiatic

All my fondest memories are from a time before I was maxed, or anywhere close to being maxed.

Vio

Walking around Varrock centre spamming "Starting a level 30+ clan follow to join!"
By the time I got to falador I had around 20 people following me.
I was like FUCKYEAH and added them to my clan's on-site memberlist.
Only ever saw 2 or 3 of them again.

Al

Walking up the road to Lumbridge to Varrock and always getting killed by the mages outside of Varrock.

Chopping Yew trees in Seers, talking to people, and then selling them in "bank sales" at the crowded bank.

Generally, all the crowded banks where we used to sell things by spamming it out.

"Getting drunk" with my friends at the Varrock pub.

Getting hacked for a few hundred k, feel like I lost my whole bank, and then getting it back by begging people.

When I started RuneScape, my first moneymaking method was collecting coins killing at the manhouse at Falador. Then moved onto Guards.

The first clans I ever joined before going into the off-site clan world and WG, Glory of Saradomin, and then starting my own RSB clan, Soldiers of Glory.

Pking with my irl friends (how I got into RS) in the wildy, trapping people at the dark castle level 13-15 wildy. 3-4 of us would literally be rooms away in a house and adventure together.

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Griff

Wow. I just remembered PKing in that dark knights castle! trapping people inside.. hillarious..

Griff

Sorry double post, but if anyones interested, this is the war I'm referring too;

Phalanx vs VH fullout 1-31-10

Mojo

I have many but I'll pick one from clanning. Basically my whole time in TuneScape. We were all noobs but we had great fun and massive scale wars.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Raging Mage2

Quote from: Griff on August 31, 2012, 04:30:09 PM
Sorry double post, but if anyones interested, this is the war I'm referring too;

Phalanx vs VH fullout 1-31-10

>CWA
>old memories

Pick one haha

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Kung_Man149

I remember being a level 80 joining my first clan(Menacing Warriors) and going on my first PK trip with them.
They were all over  level 110 combat but I somehow managed to get a Guthix Rune set(Worth around 3m at that time) kill over close to 20 level 110+ members.
I was so excited, I left the wilderness with my armor and left them to finish PKing...They died to Damage Inc shortly after. lol
Man, those were the funnest times.
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

Pacman Syu

• Getting killed by Durial321 on 6/6/6
  • Getting a santa hat from someone who died to a river troll when they were worth ~150k
  • Celebrating not one, not two, but three new years in the Falador pub
  • Dozens if not hundreds of f2p pking stories
  • Getting full adamant and concluding that I was pretty much done with RS
  • Running into WG in late 2004/early 2005 during a costume contest.

I could go forever  ^.^
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<