• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Hey all! Thought I'd say hello!

Started by David, September 07, 2013, 12:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Was thinking about playing RS for a month since I kind of wanted a RPG fix, and saw something about WG on RSC, and figured I'd try to be friendly and say hello.

So, how's things? Does WG operate in RS3, or is the clan strictly RS07? I see there's a division between PvP and non-PvP, at least that's how I see it.

Do you guys think RS is worth coming back to? Is 07 still as fun as it was when it was current, and is the new RS worth playing?

Patty

Hello there :).

We have WG which is our 07 side of the clan that does warring/pvp events. And also SG which is the RS3 sector which does PVM/Skilling events.

Wether you prefer 07 or RS3 is essentially up to if you can adapt to change, I think RS3 is good although i don't play anymore and anyone who says the new combat system is a "WoW rip off" is ignorant and uneducated on the matter :).

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

David

Oh snap, you're still here?!

That's really cool. How have you been the past few years?

Al

Quote from: David on September 07, 2013, 01:07:38 AM

Dnovelta? dafuq
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

David

Quote from: Al on September 07, 2013, 01:13:57 AM
Quote from: David on September 07, 2013, 01:07:38 AM

Dnovelta? dafuq

Yup, that's me.

Mister Kyle

Mister Kyle

BRO. IT'S BAD BECAUSE LIKE. I remember you and I talked all the fucking time but I barely remember what about

WHAT WAS YOUR OLD RSN

Al

Man, had to make sure it was you. Last time we talked was 4 year ago and you were 1colonel1, leaving for Davis right? How'd you end up liking it? I have a bunch of friends that go there, I'm not too far away in the Bay. I've always wondered where you went.

Hope to see you on RS3 with us. You can also 07 if you wanna go back to dat warring, it'll take awhile to train. Since 07 came out all PvPers moved there.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Mister Kyle

Quote from: Al on September 07, 2013, 04:02:45 AM
and you were 1colonel1, leaving for Davis right?

THAT'S IT THANK YOU ALBERT FOR BEING FUCKING WEIRD

Al

Quote from: Mister Kyle on September 07, 2013, 04:05:19 AM

rip newfag

i kid :)

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Mister Kyle

Quote from: Al on September 07, 2013, 04:08:43 AM

rip newfag

Says the one who's been in WG for less time than me >:C

Owen

Quote from: Mister Kyle on September 07, 2013, 04:20:22 AM
Quote from: Al on September 07, 2013, 04:08:43 AM

rip newfag

inb4 Reece, Jenny, or Gene

HI DAVID!

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Starzhine

omg Stop with the quoting guys!  :dowant:  David you are gonna love 07; except that you have to start from scratch! That is the down side.

But I think you will also like RS3.

So try them both and see which sticks! It would be great to see you back! Many of us do both, some better than others, but isn't that always the way it is. Come back!

WG 4evah  <3

[spoiler=Happies]

http://[/spoiler]

Imbryanman

lols. Hi Davind welcome back I think youd like 07 if you dont mind starting from scratch and have time to train. If not the community is still thriving and quite a few ppl play rs3 if youd want to learn the new system

David

Oh shit, that took off, haha.

Yeah, I was originally 1coloenl1 but now I'm Dnovelta.

I actually just left Davis because I'm done with college now, so I'm looking for a goddamn job but the man is keeping me down! Haha, I joke...but I am looking for a job. I'm in Illinois now living with my folks for a few months before I go back to CA.

I did get P2P for a month to check things out, and have like 15 in most of my melee stats. It's kind of depressing having maxed melee, ranged, 95 prayer and shit on RS3 and being a total scrub in RS07, haha.

So, I guess I'll see how much training I can get done and see where I end up. Should be a fun trip down memory lane between games of LoL, CS and Minecraft.

I'm glad to see the WG community is still strong and thriving.

JC

Hey David,

Long time no see! glad to see you come back, must have been a couple of years since you've been around?

Quote from: David on September 07, 2013, 05:43:36 AM
I did get P2P for a month to check things out, and have like 15 in most of my melee stats. It's kind of depressing having maxed melee, ranged, 95 prayer and shit on RS3 and being a total scrub in RS07, haha.

I know that feeling, I gave 07' a go and gave up for exactly the same reason - it's hard to start again with a much better account in RS3 - I wish Jagex had let us keep our stats from back then, I'd be playing RS07 a lot more if that was the case :3
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Al

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

BeeBee

I remember you from the Aussie raids in 2010 :D

I remember you being emeritus back then, if you're interested in coming back, maybe do what Wildflame is doing: Grab Emeritus, and train in the background attending what you can while you casually train to your own enjoyment/pain.
It just takes away any pressure to actually be active.

For me, I lost interest in 07rs within a month and it's been the case for other clanners, but it's where the clan world is at so there is always action!
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

David

I don't know about rejoining because I highly doubt I'd get anywhere near close to the requirements since I only have a month of P2P left and only bought it to quench my thirst for an RPG style game and didn't really want to get hooked onto a new game, so I decided to go with a game I'd already gotten bored with, haha.

@Al

I studied Economics and Philosophy (minor) at UC Davis.

@JC

I guess it's not so much the levels that annoys me, it's the quests. I've never enjoyed questing, and just know I won't enjoy it the second time around. Having to do the long quests in that vampire region is not something I look forward to.

I don't even mind having lower levels, because I know it'd be fun once I reached certain thresholds, but the monotony would set in at some point as it always did back when I played regularly.

I'll give RS3 a shot, but feel like I'll have to do a lot of catching up to even be on par, and instead of "playing" I fear it'll all feel like a chore. Hopefully not though.

Is there a relatively easy to follow guide to the new EoC stuff? I logged in, was annoyed I couldn't skip that long ass cutscene, and then was so confused by absolutely everything that I used to understand I logged out, haha.

Mister Kyle

The combat academy in Lumbridge might be able to help.

Dorcha3377

Hi Colonel !!  nice to see you doing well !

David

Quote from: Mister Kyle on September 07, 2013, 06:16:31 PM
The combat academy in Lumbridge might be able to help.

Oh god, I'm a noob all over again. FUCK!

@Jenny

Hi! It's nice to see you're still around! How have you been?

Keith

shiiiiiit dude it's been a while!

you'd recall me as reticked perhaps