• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][Money Making][/b][/color] Moneymaking & GE Profitting

Started by Al, February 23, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I've noticed Josh (CleanSheets) and John (Aomiin) have been getting into flipping, and I think it would be a good idea to merch as a clan. It takes little to no effort, and if you have a good amount of gp you can make it grow.

Share merching tips to help each other out. Open to WG members as well. Maybe earn some money to transfer over to 07? Unless you guys all transferred everything over lol.

You can also discuss other moneymaking methods; sometimes we'll shout out new profitable methods when we talk. The other day Flamingfungi said he was making 7M/hour hunting Grenwalls, for example. Share guides, your own methods and specifics, lesser known methods, daily stuff (eg. buying battlestaves), and more!
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Josheh

QBD is good money. Frosts are good money. Flipping is RISKY money.

I take gut buys a lot, for example I saw lots of nex items were crashing this weekend so I put in offers for pernix gloves for 8.2m (they are 12.5m GE). Got it because someone was panic selling, chucked it back up for 11.5m and it sold instant. Thats 3mil profit in 5 minutes.

Member since 8-8-8

Al

Got a tip from Flame last week...for the new invention skill, it's going to be about combining gear (as Mod Mark introduced at the recent RuneFest), so he bought 1-2k of whips when they were still dirt cheap. They skyrocketed for some reason after special attacks announced, and I think they're going to rise again when Inventor or w/e comes around.

Also, we've all heard energy is going to be used for it too right? I have about 40k incandescent energy (the last tier one), worth 4.4 ge mid right now, but I'm torn between using it to get 99 faster or maybe saving it and investing in buying some more...opinions?

edit: Also, getting keys at the Ascension dungeon is good ranged training and moneymaking as well. Just now, BPN got 8 keys in 45 minutes for a total profit of 5.3m, including petty drops he alched.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Owen

Just FYI, if every one of us started flipping the same items, they would probably stop being profitable pretty quick.

Better to share non flipping tips on here as well since it's public.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Al

Yeah...someone move it to a private/appropriate forum please?

On flipping, sn't that what merching clans did? and they're much bigger. Smokin Mils used to put the item to flip as the friends chat topic lol, it's only 3 of us so far. Aomiin has this site where it automatically tells him what the best items to flip are and apparently he's made tons. Josh has just been shouting out stuff he's been flipping in GE. Effortless moneymaking.

Btw, if you guys have an Alchemist's Amulet, it has one free tele to the GE daily, like the Captain's Book for PoP. Just found out recently. :P

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Leffe

al you just wanna make all your shit back you lost bossing on other members' backs
LOL
:stoke:

Proud core member of what used to be the best and most famous dutch clan - Michie Super

Al

Splits from clan events (that I've actually hosted) actually account for a small fraction of the gp I've gotten...

Even more, I don't even do the events for money, most of the things I host is to get people attendance. Think about it, all GWD and Nex, Corp is way less profitable than QBD or frosts. I boss to hang out more than to make gp...

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Leffe

I'm just trolling you man hahaha, no but seriously I don't think starting a clan merch is a good idea. In the end people will lose more then gain from it.

Proud core member of what used to be the best and most famous dutch clan - Michie Super

Josheh

I flip high demand items. Merch clans trick randoms into buying items (after they have thousands) then dump the item after its inflated. Those people who were randoms now have 500k fire runes that they paid 45gp ea ( example) when they were originally 12gp ea.

Member since 8-8-8