• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[INFORMAL POLL] WG RS3

Started by Ts Stormrage, March 01, 2014, 09:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

First, a bit of history for the people new to this clan.

About a year ago, this community of Guardians and Soldiers and Guildsmen encompassed three clans, each tailored to specific needs of RuneScape players, allowing us to recruit rather efficiently in a game that had plateaued, and PvP was in decline.

There was The Wilderness Guardians. The Flagship clan as it were, that focused mainly on PvP. The people subscribing to this part of the community were named Guardians, and had the obligation to participate in as many PvP events as possible, whether this was participating in wars, Wilderness raids, or providing the necessary anti-crash forces for our allies.

There was also the Descendant Guardians. The junior clan to the Wilderness Guardians, also focusing on PvP, but recruiting people of lower levels and training them up before other clans snatched these people up. Once these Soldiers reached the appropriate combat level, they were to be promoted to Guardians.

And last but not least, the youngest addition to these clans was the Silent Guardians. The Guildsmen of this clan did not participate in PvP events at all, which allowed us to recruit from the (much larger) pool of players that don't desire any PvP activities. Instead it focused on the other events instead such Citadel, Minigames, Dungeoneering, and anything else that most players would place in the "skilling" category.

The beauty of this structure was that each clan could focus on the thing it does best. The people from the PvP clans could tag along with the events of SG and reap those benefits, while people from the non-PvP clans might look over the hedge and decide to join in the glorious slaying of other players, and subsequently switch clans.

Alas, at the time there was a lot of discontent with the EoC. When RuneScape Old School (07) opened it brought sweet relief to the battered PvP community. Shortly after this WG and DG merged and moved there, leaving us in the current situation with two clans in one community in two different Runescapes...

Obviously Jagex haven't been sitting on their hands, and the recent combat update shows this. Revolution, Ability-Queuing and a new and improved Momentum allows for much less complexity (Revolution is 95% dps of full manual), and Legacy Mode (Old School combat in RS3) has yet to be released. Both of these updates have a good chance of getting the PvP-er's attention. Their curiosity will also be piqued if we can manage to convince Jagex to remove things like the Toggle, and add things that would attract the skiller to the Wilderness (something I remember seeing a few Mods talk about in a video).

Not assuming anything of Jagex' promised until I see them, nor making this thread a debate on whether this is viable or not, the question I'd like everyone to answer is the following:

Are you interested in PvP-ing in RS3?

Rather than giving a yes/no answer, I'd like you to elaborate on your reasons:
- I'd like Guildsmen to state if they are willing to PvP, if they are willing to take the time to help people find their way back in RS3, and most importantly, if they are willing to PvP, adhere to the rigorous, almost Spartan schedule of training and warring by switching to the as of yet non-existant WG RS3.
- I'd like Guardians to state either what they expect at the bare minimum, knowing you're about de-prioritize months of work in 07, or why they're not interested in RS3 aside from the interface issue (something I promise you'll get used to over time), or the combat issue (something Jagex is working on).
- From both I'd like to see how much time and effort you're willing to put in to make WG RS3 a reality, should it be decided that it is time to march on this particular battlefield once again...

Remember, this is an informal poll. No decision whatsoever is tied to this. This is just an elaborate way to get an as best a reading as possible on the interest in RS3 PvP-ing...

Thank you for reading his far. Here's a small reward:
Bruce Willis On Top Gear!!
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

This Babylon

I honestly think it would be a great idea considering legacy mode is about to release. We shouldnt limit ourselves to one aspect of rs when there is so much to do and see.

Also not gonna lie. I kind of liked the eoc ports and cwa
Ill host a rough combat event if you would like.

Mojo

I already do PvP on RS3 with CE (in F2P mostly), it's quite enjoyable but tbh I still prefer PvPing on Old School.
There's so much more complexity involved with EoC warring, even in F2P.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Sidenote: I've got enough supplies of just below top level F2P gear for a medium sized army.

You'd have to do some Dunging and/or Fist of Guthix (or wherever else you get stuff like Corrupt Dragon or Blue D'hide Coifs from) to get the top of the line stuff...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Wizard

I honestly think I won't be PvPing in EoC ever again. I like the simplicity of 07 PvP and if it ever changes from that simplistic version I doubt I'll play on it anymore, I've been trying for a month now to relearn Rs3, it takes time and effort. I'm still lost on a lot of things as there are SO MANY new things since I last actively played on it. I like most all other aspects of it, including skilling, buy pvp cbf. PVM on the other hand, I want to get into on rs3 :( But alas I still have to do quite a few things before I can start doing that.

Vio

I no longer have a computer which can handle RS3, so my vote is invalid.

DG pride tho.

Patty

I would have been willing to war on RS3, but as of now I have no desire to play Runescape in anyway way. So there's your non-answer from me.

This Babylon

Quote from: Wizard on March 02, 2014, 01:31:35 AM
I honestly think I won't be PvPing in EoC ever again. I like the simplicity of 07 PvP and if it ever changes from that simplistic version I doubt I'll play on it anymore, I've been trying for a month now to relearn Rs3, it takes time and effort. I'm still lost on a lot of things as there are SO MANY new things since I last actively played on it. I like most all other aspects of it, including skilling, buy pvp cbf. PVM on the other hand, I want to get into on rs3 :( But alas I still have to do quite a few things before I can start doing that.
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Devblog:Legacy_Mode

Mack

Im too busy trying to make 07 WG a better clan with more members to do anything RS3 related.

geoff_7th

WOuld love to pvp in runescape 3 it will just time to learn and adpat but must clans dont pvp in rs3 so the fights time etc would been horrible so i dunno

Al

I like RS3/EoC PvP partly because of the complexity. Not where it's over-complicated, but that it gives so much more depth and meaning to PvPing in general. Where there were problems with overpowered abilities and such (ex. stuns and freezing), that's understandable...people can't use a dysfunctional system.

If we were to war again in RS3, whenever that may be...1, 2, 3, 5 years from now (lol), I would definitely adhere to the spartan standards of preparing for wars. It's what makes it fun! But you know all that already. Whenever an opportunity arises for me to help lead PvP, whether it's for a raidmaster position or not, I would without a doubt. In general, I think the so-called complexity of PvP on RS3 actually makes it more collaborative. People are more engaged and it takes a bigger effort than old school combat. That's not to take away anything from old combat -- some people like it simpler and that's perfectly fine.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Josheh

Member since 8-8-8

SoraSync

I personally would not like to PvP in EOC. I prefer being able to use special attack for that instant burst of damage, which was fun. In EOC however, i find that PvP is odd to say the least, it's still slow, but more button mashing and less action paced. What i think i'm trying to say is that, the combat system over-complicates itself without having having key mechanics like aim/dodge that i've experienced in other MMOs. (if that makes sense). However, with old school pking, it knew where it belonged and made it i guess that's what made it good.

With the other aspect, of teaching 07 players the way around RS3. I for one would be glad to take time out of whatever i was planning to do to help someone out. Unifying a guild would definitely help with increasing activity in the guild and i believe would increase the amount of events that were held.

I hope everything makes sense, this all came from my brain at like 1am   :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

It made sense, except for commenting on the changes that Revolution and Legacy Mode bring, and the potential future changes that could still happen...

Keith

Quote from: Patty on March 02, 2014, 02:14:28 AM
I would have been willing to war on RS3, but as of now I have no desire to play Runescape in anyway way. So there's your non-answer from me.

orly?

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

The_Poet

I remember a similar question asked before, no?

Yes, I'd be interested, I just need someone to talk me over the new stuff in rs3 over teamspeak.

Sugax

Myself personally I dislike PvP in the in the wilderness. I wasn't really ever a proper pker, rather confine myself to safe PvP such as Duel Arena, Soul Wars and Castle Wars and even I don't enjoy them as much.

I am however experienced enough and a very capable in PvP in RS3 and I would be glad to spend some time teaching others how PvP works now.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Al

I think there needs to be a couple things before we start preparing or even thinking to move over to RS3. Just to be fair to the the 07ers, the system has to be functional (no OP K0'ing?), and the demand to move to an RS3 PvP clan has to be greater (much greater?) than it is to 07 PvP.

From what I've heard though, clans like Gladz have been doing pretty well as an RS3 clan. If I'm correct, they're the only old school PvP clan that's in RS3 right now. In the early stages of 07 I believe they had a casual 100+ members, which isn't unbelievable since anyone looking for an old school RS3 PvP clan could consider joining them.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

» Mike «

In all honesty PvP is just plain fun, why not?

Flames377

If, the legacy mode worked out as planned, i wouldn't mind hopping on RS3 to do a War every once in a while because it will add some variety.

But, I'm committed to 07 First as I'm also in a 07 PvP Team which takes up a decent amount of time when I am playing Runescape.

geoff_7th

What was that guy's name that was in WG and had this like 2 year old child to say raid?

Josheh

Quote from: geoff_7th on April 27, 2014, 04:41:42 AM
What was that guy's name that was in WG and had this like 2 year old child to say raid?

Uh maybe Sativas? Or was is Clownhorn.. idk

Member since 8-8-8

Raging Mage2

Can't see the poll sorry, is it only viewable by current members?

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Ts Stormrage

I didn't make a poll, I wanted people to not just vote, but also explain their vote; so just post...