• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

So.. I was hit by 3 cars today.

Started by kylewelsch, August 01, 2013, 02:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylewelsch

I enjoy biking everywhere I go. I met my student who came back from San Fransisco after a 10 month stay. As i biked back to my house it started to poor. I was crossing a reallly small crosswalk with a car about a foot to my left and a foot to my right. As i was in the middle of the two cars a third car hit the car to  my left which was on the top of a slanted hill due to a rainy road and was thrown over my bike with my left ankle caught in between the two cars. This caused my ankle to be caught between two cars being pushed from the impact of the third car hitting one of the cars. I laid on the ground in pain with the skin on my ankle cut about 2 inches long yelling "fuck!!!" lol. But I was checked into the hospital and found out the bone was not broken. I just need to use a cast for two weeks and I should be good to go. This is crap because I like to bike and run a lot. So this is a pretty big setback for me. Does anyone have any other crazy stories like this they would like to share? I would be very interested to hear about it.

Rachellove9

ouchy

I'm wondering if you will need therapy on it.

jessebruce

Kyle that's crazy brotha! I wish you a fast recovery. I have a story that's not relevant but it has effected my hockey career and lacrosse career. I was in Great Falls Montana for the Eric Durm tournament, I was playing for Canadian selects that year for my last year of Midget. Canadain selects is a traveling AAA team that 23 kids in all of Canada get chosen to play for. We were in our last game vs Texas Outbacks. I was in the box for a 5 minute rough as me and the other kid got out of the box I started skating down the ice with the puck just as we got over the opposing blue I was cross checked to the lower back and slid all the way into the boards head first. I was unconscious for 45 minutes then woke. The x-rays showed 3 broken vertebraes....My spine and neck have not been the same since.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/2j34ev7.png[/img]
[img width=472 height=250]http://i.imgur.com/yPcAGIr.gif[/img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/iI7xbzckVZAEk.gif[/img]

Sig too large. Please reduce.

Pacman Syu

Holy crap mate! Praying for a quick recovery, that could have been so much worse. I 'm glad you're okay!

I had a friend, James, who was walking his dog across a crosswalk and was nailed by a car running the red light. He recovered after a few months, and the dog was never hurt, thankfully.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

dlmoore

heal yourself well soon you be better than before ;)

Wizard

Well that sounds like it sucks.

When I was 16, 2 weeks after I got my license, I was driving people home and something went in front of my car, I hit it and flipped my car a few times, landing upside down, roof caved in, steering column broken, all the windows shattered. I was lucky to have been in my seat belt, as it was all that had kept me from being thrown from the car or having my head and/or body crushed when the roof caved into the steering wheel. When I woke up I was upside down hanging there, everyone else was already out of the car, they thought I was dead, but I was just knocked out :) and I could hear the sirens coming. I felt out my window but it was just grass as it was a ditch I flipped upside down into on a hill. I unbuckled my seat belt and fell a bit onto the top/bottom? of the car and crawled out to the 3 other people that was with me's surprise.

Fortunately, no one was hurt, just shaken up.

Keith

shit dude I bike EVERY day, minimum of 6 miles ranging up to 70+ miles. I feel your pain, i've been smoked by a van before.

kylewelsch

I feel for you all. Imagine if i was walking and not on a bike.... my knees could have been snapped like a twig.

Alwaysafkn

Damn man I hope you get better. From one kyle to the next. Want to hear a story that will make you feel better? I am not trying to gain sympathy or anything, Im over it all, just trying to make you feel better.

Okay this happened in may 2013. (I am 22) and ended up rushing a marriage with a beautiful girl who turned out to be nothing more than a breezy. We were married 9 months and she told me she wanted a divorce. I was hurt and sad, a week later I called my grandma. My grandma told me my grandpa hasnt been answering her calls for a month. I called him, it went right to voicemail.. Thats weird my grandpas phone is never off. I call my uncle, tell him to go see if hes okay. He does and busts in his door finding my grandpa laying in his chair unconcious. My grandpa was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer the next day. I drove down to see him and say goodbye before its to late and I never see the man who showed me my love for movies again. It was a rough week or two. We checked him out of the hospital and into hospice. I knew this was the last night. I held his hand and looked him in the eyes and said "Grandpa, thank you for everything. I love you so much and I will watch our favorite movies again just for you. Goodbye". He looked me back in the eyes and used all his strength to say "I love you too" back. Later that night he passed away. The next day I drive up to my home, start packing up my apartment to move my stuff to my new apartment. My ex wife was my only support through the grandpa expierence. I went to the bar across the street that night and saw her. She was all over me. I thought this was it. She changed her mind. She wanted a life with me. She was kissing me and hugging me and having me make out with her. She kept saying she missed me and she loved me. I had hope. Then later that night when the bar was closing I saw her walking with this guy through our apartment complex. She met some guy there! After she was all over me. I ran down there. He wanted to fight, I told him no 3 times. That she was drunk and hes taking advantage of her. He picked me up and slammed me on my face breaking 5 bones in my face. I spent 7 hours in the hospital. She never showed up. I found out later that night that she slept with him.

Those seven hours made me grow up. They made me see what love made me blind to. They made me see all the times she cheated. They made me see how my friends told me she was coming on to them, and I didnt believe them. They made me see how she was addicted to alcohol and xanax. They made me see how she was using me for sex and military benefits (healthcare) and a place to live and food in our cabnets. But most of all, that 7 hours made me get over her just like that. That someone like her didnt deserve someone like me. That someone like her deserved horrible karma.  Anyways August 9th were officially divorced. And I couldnt be more excited.

There you go man! Hope that made you feel better! Your so lucky and strong to not snap like a twig. All that working out made you strong. Brosiden must have been there to witness it, or brodin and they are both happy. Much love man!

Asaad

It could have been worse. Thank god for your health!!!
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Twizlers300

Wow some crazy experiences here.  I haven't had anything near to these posts so Imma keep quiet. ##

@Always, it's pretty crazy that it takes an experience like that to wake us up into becoming a more mature person, and gives us the ability to see deeper into someone we think we love.  I'm 22 as well and I feel like some past experiences (nothing that intense though) have grown me up and I'm not only a better person, but I know that when(/if) I do get married, it will 100% be with the right person.

Nativez

i heard being hit by a car is the same odds as winning lotto, so CONGRATZ

Zeroshin Y2