• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

OMG SUMMER JOBS

Started by YumYumMix, June 26, 2013, 06:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YumYumMix

so i got a summer job....... how bad is it
well
just take a look and im not going to be on as much as i am so ya
http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?topic=7446.0

tell me if u guys have a summer job and what is it

Asaad

I'm a ditch digger. I start in two weeks though. 10 dollars an hour under the table!

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

BeeBee

I run off the bank of mummy and daddy.

Might have to go around all the supermarkets and other shops near me and see what jobs are flying around.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Will Hylian

Just try to stay out of the heat as much as you can.  :P

Al

My semester just ended yesterday, so I'm officially on summer vacation. After Sunday I'm announcing my un-retirement, but if I get another job or a different full-time job I have to go back to Emeritus. Currently I work at my dad's business, various tasks and titles I could take but basically everything...from sales, bookkeeping, executive assistant (since he's the executive lol), warehouse management, shipping and receiving, etc. I really want to put something else on my resume, which is why I wanna find another job, but yeah that's what I'm gonna be doing part-time (about 25 hours a week) starting Monday.

edit: Oh, and this.

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on June 28, 2013, 11:21:22 PM
I run off the bank of mummy and daddy.

Might have to go around all the supermarkets and other shops near me and see what jobs are flying around.

+1. After I got out of high school (exactly a year ago) I started keeping track of all my spending and being more frugal, since I wanted to manage and make my own money to be independent. Can't and don't want to live off my parents forever.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

General199

No longer just a summer job, it's a job to live on through school.

Mojo

Quote from: General199 on June 29, 2013, 02:39:56 PM
o hi Nolan
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Keith

I work ~50 hours a week landscaping and working on a golf course this summer, and then during the school year I have 2 jobs (only totaling 20 hours/week). So yeah, used to it - I wake up at 5am every day and get to work!

Mojo

Quote from: Keith on June 29, 2013, 07:16:45 PM
I work ~50 hours a week landscaping and working on a golf course this summer, and then during the school year I have 2 jobs (only totaling 20 hours/week). So yeah, used to it - I wake up at 5am every day and get to work!
can you come and scape my land pls?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

Quote from: General199 on June 29, 2013, 02:39:56 PM

Yeah I seriously found it impossible (no...literally not possible the way my classes and boxing was scheduled) to keep a job during full-time school.

That sounds like some good stuff, sleep earlier wake up early. Early morning grind. I used to wake up at 6 am for this math class, it gives me like motivation, more than waking up at regular hours. Up before the sunrise, up before anyone else.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Keith

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on June 29, 2013, 08:39:02 PM
can you come and scape my land pls?

THERES ENOUGH SCAPE GOING ON ON YOUR LAND MATE

also might I add that this is an easy summer compared to the normal 70-80 hour summer work week for the previous 2 years? I'm filling this one with training instead

Jpoole806

no summer job for me this year, im taking a summer class to boost my GPA and knock some classes off to make college a little easier later in the years

YumYumMix

only 20 day hard dayzzz of work for me