• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Zombies are Public Health Matter

Started by Rachellove9, May 03, 2012, 11:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachellove9

If you haven't heard there is a prediction of the end of the Earth this year as we all know it.
In your hometown, do you feel you can survive the Zombies?
Does your family keep what it would take to survive the days of the Zombie Apocalypse?
What will you do when the Zombies come to eat your brains?

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

In my small town, yesterday as I was having my coffee at Kelley's Restaurant, I overheard to elderly men discussing the Zombie Apocalypse.  They were saying that they were less afraid of a Zombie take over than a government one.  RC and I began to discuss Zombies and Aliens and Government takeovers. . . .

This leads me to ask are we really prepared?

Keith

I can run for hours without stopping or water so I could survive for a little bit I suppose :3 BUT I do live on a college campus with several thousand other people.. I'd have to peace real quick

Rachellove9

Actually I was talking to Mark/Nox yesterday in IRC about food supply take over by the government.
We don't agree on the subject.  lol
It was on the radio that the government is trying to put through a tax to deal with methane gas put off by cows.
I have heard the suggested tax was something like $175 each cow so that would put a lot of farmers out of business.
The other thing is the hybrid seeds that we buy are someday going to be controlled also by government.
They don't want us to farm on lil farms cause we will eat the produce and die from it.
Soy bean seed is already controlled and can't be a heritage seed anymore because of the Patient on it and it cross pollinates.
There have been huge fines to farmers who tried to save the seeds to plant the next year over this.
It's all part of a government plot to take over the food supply and poison us to control the population of the countries.

It may all just be hype as it is an election year, however, I have heard people that go to the Catholic Church say they have read materials that suggest to fight all laws that restrict our foods or control them.

Is the US Government the Zombies to worry about?

Mister Kyle

I live on a Marine Corps base with hundreds of millions of dollars worth of aviation equipment, and at least a couple thousand Marines. I think I'm ready.

Cypherex

I watch The Walking Dead and play Left 4 Dead 2. Ya, I'm totally ready. But seriously, if a zombie apocalypse were to break out, I feel like I'd be able to handle it long enough to at least survive the initial outbreak. We've actually had discussions about how our fraternity house could be turned into a fortress. The greatest key to survival is flying under the radar. Know what attracts zombies and do absolutely everything that's the opposite of that.

I'd first set up a fortress somehow, whether it be a building, farm, or whatever I end up with. I would have various distractions set up around the perimeter to draw their attention away long enough for me to escape, if it ever came to that. I wouldn't go straight for the gun store, because everyone will do that and people will end up shooting each other as they fight for weapons. Instead, I'd use makeshift weaponry initially and loot what I needed later on from abandoned cars/houses/stores. My group would likely include my fraternity brothers and other unaffected students on the campus, though I'd be careful not to let the group grow too big. It's good to have labor and fighters, but each one is another mouth to feed. If communications were still up, I'd contact my family and organize a meeting point, as well as help my brothers get to their families. At this point, the group would likely be quite large, so we would divide into smaller groups and go our own ways. It is at this point I would find and establish the fortress mentioned above and try to wait it out until all the zombies decompose or a "cure" of some type is found. If it seems like it'll be years before it's over, I would try to find and get into any established colonies for refugees. The only thing I'm uncertain about is where my morals would end up. If it was to protect myself and/or my group, I know I would kill an unaffected person. People's darkest natures will come out. You must be darker than them to survive.

/walloftext. I guess I spend a little too much time thinking about this crap. Well, when the zombies do come, I'll be glad I did.

Kung_Man149

I live in a neighborhood with foreigners and old people, pretty sure the Zombies are gonna chase them first.

If not, I've got 13 years of Martial arts, Bo Staffs, daggers, knives...you name it, I've probably got it and most likely know how to use it to defend myself.
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

Taibz

I'd give them Tayzon to begin with, while I run away.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Toby

If zombies can swim and climb high mountains I'll have problems, if not then i have nothing to be afraid off.
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Toby

My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Rachellove9

I think I'd stay out where I live now as they would have to walk miles to get here. 
They most likely would stay in the city where there is more "food" (people). 

granitecrab

i'm safe. military grade training and my gram pa's good 22cal leaver Acton rifle along with other... "toy's" and some basic survival gear and skills. i say i can deal with it. for a while. and if others are going to go rouge and try to kill me for my shit... *lol* i hope they like fire. and a lot of it. and FMJ round's for my AR15 and BXP (do you know how hard it is to find one that's semi auto!). hahahah. only problem with my BXP is the fucking recoil! but at close range it will work good. and my AR15 will let me take head's off day and night. and i have a nuff ammo for a small village. so bring it on! i'll have some fun with this zombie outbreak if it ever happens. well maby not use the gun's, but melee weapon's on the zed's. noise will git you killed. noise bring's the horde. so only use quiet gun's like a 22 or melee weapon's for zombie killing. but on rouge's and bandit's go all out with you gun's because they will to. but after the fire fight. RUN FOR THE FUCKING HILL'S. and also try to grip on to sanity. make joke's while killing a zed or two. like you got your trusty baseball bat and on the run up say "here's the pitch" and on the swing say "it looks like it's a home run!" little thing's like that will make you stay sane more or less. little one liner's, they can be funny and take your mind off the death for a min or two. never make a fire without incloseing it. light will bring zed's and rouge's and robber's to you. try to set up shop in a place with walls or in a house. and try to hide you self as best as posiable. if you must make a fire in the wild make shure you do it in a open area. a plan of land or a clearing. so atleast you can see a ways off at what your shooting at due to the light being given off by your fire. i can go on and on about how to survive in hostel area's but i'm lazy...  :P

i'm going on a adventure!

Zemus

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Wind_Arcus

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

BeeBee

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

BeeBee

Wind_Arcus

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Mojo

hey i'm locking this because it's gone off topic! :woeh:
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]