• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Go see Interstellar... The movie you had forgotten you wanted to see...

Started by Ts Stormrage, November 11, 2014, 10:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

Seriously.

Without giving away too much spoiler material, I can safely say that my critical eye for realism in a movie of both plotlines and general physics, Interstellar is a hairsbreath away from utterly mindblowing...

The visual effects were spot on, it had humor, it didn't have any unrealistic traits in the characters (all of which, btw, are engineers and scientists), and the physics and representation (and most important of all, the explanation) of those physics like timedilation, wormhole physics, higher-dimensional beings... Spot on... They have really done their homework for this, even by Chris Nolan's standards... Does that make this movie factually correct? No... But let's leave some of the Fi in Sci-Fi...

Of course the music was once again portrayed by mr Zimmer. And while the music was tuned to the movie, it did not have a position in the front row as you would see in movies like Inception or the Pirates series. And still, because it was there and then not in the same scene at one time, and continued to flow from scene to scene making it seemingly irrelevant to what was on screen during other scenes, it has a major impact on the way you experience the movie.

If there wasn't some emotionally laden line from one of the scientists about love being able to transcend time and space, this movie would've been perfect for just about everyone. The characters were believable as you could imagine meeting someone like that in the very movie theatre you're watching this movie in in an instant. Not even minor character inconsistencies were visible. There was no trace of the whacky humorous alien left in John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun), just as there isn't a hint of the desert-surfing dude from Sahara in McConaughey. There's even a surprise major appearance (and I mean truly major for someone who wasn't even billed on the poster or seen in the trailers) by an academy award winning actor.

Those who watched and enjoyed movies like Gravity, 2001: A Space Odyssey or Contact, and came away from those no longer being fully entertained by Star Trek, StarWars or The X-files will have found a new favourite here.

For those that weren't a fan of Sci-Fi: Beware! You might just become one...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Kat

i just heard it was amazing!!!
edge of tomorrow was also a great movie!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mojo

wasn't impressed by the trailer I saw but I will probably see it at some point.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Lord Himself

Ts Stormrage

Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Al

My first impression wasn't positive either, but you've caught my attention.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

slayer123121

Watched it on friday when it came out, it was good, nothing spectacular, however Mc was classy as always. Think i'd have thought it was even better if it was shorter, some parts dragged :/

But overall Good film.
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon