• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

MUST WATCH vid on Net Neutrality!

Started by Ts Stormrage, May 07, 2014, 10:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

This especially concerns people from the United States...

I CANNOT STRESS THE IMPORTANCE FOR YOU TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THIS, SINCE IT CONCERNS YOUR INTERNET!

The EU has on no uncertain terms enshrined Net Neutrality into law (hint hint UK peeps, vote to stay in the EU to keep this, cuz your country didn't really want this to happen), which means any content from the EU and going TO the EU is not subject to being Gate-kept (see video)...

In the states it's another story, as net neutrality is currently non-existent as it's not really neutral anymore since ComCast forced Netflix to pay extra for bandwidth they were already getting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxMyTwmu_M#ws

There are more video's on this which I'll post here when I find them...

[EDIT] and here they are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtt2aSV8wdw#ws

And here's another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc2aso6W7jQ#ws

This page is viewable even if you're not registered to these forums, so mail it to your friends, family, co-workers, and slap it up on other well-read forums, and reddit, and facebook, etc etc
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

geoff_7th

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Ts Stormrage

Flames377

Vio

Can I just move to west coast usa, get google fiber and not give a fuck?

Mojo

Quote from: Vio on July 16, 2014, 09:45:22 AM
no because USA are the ones causing the problems
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on July 16, 2014, 11:39:47 PM

Comcast*
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Quote from: Al on July 18, 2014, 08:22:06 AM
Quote from: Mojohaza1 on July 16, 2014, 11:39:47 PM

Comcast*
usa company then
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]