• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Films that make your....

Started by PineappleTom, January 12, 2012, 11:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineappleTom

Films that make your...
...eyes water.

Well... Owen and I were talking on Teamspeak earlier about films that 'touched us'. It's not un-manly to show emotion.

It's simple really, just list any films that either make you feel bad, or make your eyes water etc. Just list them, and explain how it affects you personally...

Mine:

• -Bambi
  • -7 Pounds
  • -LOTR's. Bilbo boarding the boat! (Plus pretty much all the scenes listed below!)
  • -Goodnight Mr Tom.

First 2 get me watering. The latter is just a sad moment!

Wayshow

A bunch of Italian/middle eastern films that I forgot the names of :(

Wayshow

Quote from: Wayshow on January 12, 2012, 11:53:51 PM
A bunch of french/german/Italian/middle eastern films that I forgot the names of :(
Oh, I remember The Pianist and Schindler's List made me cry :'(

Dieyou2000

Return of the King - The best part is at Aragorn's coronation as King when he comes up to the four hobbits and says, "My friends, you bow to no one."

Star Wars Episode III when Order 66 is executed and at the end of Obi-Wan and Anakin's fight.

V for Vendetta at the ending.

A couple documentaries like Sicko, Capitalism: A Love Story, The Cove (about the annual dolphin slaughter that takes place in Japan), Food Inc., and generally anything where animals are harmed or die.

...oh....and 2girls1cup

His Lordship

Omg Zach I cry at documentaries too.
Sicko, Capitalism: A Love Story, Fahrenheit 911 are the 3 most intense ones.
Oh and Earthlings of course.

LOTR Return ofthe King coronation scene makes me cry with happiness.
The porch scene in The Village
Black Swan ending
Harry Potter, the scene when he says farewell to Hermione and Ron before facing Voldemort in the forest.
The King's Speech, the final speech and following reception
The Persuit of Happyness, when he finally makes it

On further thought, I tend to cry at moments where characters find happiness after long struggle... so I cry with happiness more often than sadness, but I do cry with sadness too.

His Lordship

And I just watched the second half of Fellowship, and cried my eyes out at Gandalf, Boromir, and Sam's dedication to Frodo causing him to follow so fully that he almost drowned trying to reach him. I i'm still a little teary.

Vio

Bridge to Terabithia. Nothing else yet.

PineappleTom

Added Goodnight Mr Tom, and generally all the before mentioned LOTR's :D

George

My Boy Jack - film about Rudyard Kipling's son, Jack, played by Daniel Radcliffe, about him going off to war and dying aged 18 years and 1 day. Sad stuffs.

Bam

hachiko's story and into the wild are pretty good ones.

Owen

Quote from: His Lordship on January 13, 2012, 03:24:09 AM
The Persuit of Happyness, when he finally makes it

That is a fantastic call and one that I almost forgot about, most of mine have been mentioned already though.

I'm a big romantic/romcom fan, so obviously alot of those make me choke up, very rarely do I actually cry though.

Seven Pounds is another Will Smith that gets me, as well as I Am Legend with the dog.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Toby

All of the LOTR movies, Saving Private Ryan, Lion King when mufasa died
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Cyan Elf

Well I watch 30 minutes or less and thought it was funny, but then I saw/read this and made my eyes water  :(

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/05/pizza.bomb/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Kat

i cry over every movie. lol
but the one movie that really got me was "The Last Song".
watched it 3 times in a ROW and cried every single time.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

His Lordship

I'm on a crying marathon now.
Finished Two Towers, the one that makes me cry the least. I cried when Theoden was burying his dead son, but not anywhere else, which is strange.