• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Well this is getting old...but

Started by Al, December 07, 2013, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I thought this was a nice story.

Written by Frank Somerville, well-known in my area as the local tv anchor on channel 2. Found it on Facebook from a friend that shared this off the official TV page.

QuoteI very rarely post about celebrities. In general because I don't particularly care much about their lives.
But tonight I'm making an exception because I just heard a really nice story about Paul Walker.
He's the actor from "Fast and Furious" who was killed a horrible car crash.

In 2004 Walker was in a jewelry store in Santa Barbara.
Kristen and Kyle Upham were also there shopping.
Kristen says what happened that day is something she will never forget.

"It's still to this day the most generous thing anyone has ever done for me."

Kristen and Kyle were in the store looking for a wedding ring.
She says Kyle kept wanting to look at bigger rings, "and I kept saying, 'No look at the prices.'"

The ring they were looking at was $10,000. It was way too expensive for them.

As they were shopping they recognized Walker and struck up a conversation with him. Kyle told Walker that he had just returned from his first tour of duty in Iraq.

"When he found out Kyle had just come back, I remember seeing the look in his (Paul Walker's) face, it kind of transformed."

Kristen and Kyle eventually left the store without buying the ring.
But after they walked out, the store clerk called them and said they needed to come back.

Kristen says, "One of the ladies came out holding a bag and just simply said, 'Here's your ring. I think both of our mouths dropped."

Paul Walker had secretly told the store that he wanted to buy the ring for them.

The store clerk says, "He called the manager over and said, 'The ring that those people were looking at, put it on my tab.'"
He also told the store not to tell them who paid for it.

Kristen and her husband were completely blown away.

"I think after a couple of minutes of shell shock it finally sunk in and we were like, 'Well how, who bought it? She (the store clerk) just smiled at me and said it was better not to say."

After Walker's death the jewelry store clerk went public with the story. Kristen and Kyle said they always suspected that Walker bought it for them.

Now they know for sure.
Unfortunately they'll never get a chance to thank Paul Walker in person.

The Fast movie series is one of my favorite just to start. His death really touched me not only cause I enjoyed the movies, but of course because his life was cut short so suddenly...it shouldn't happen to anyone. I'm more sad about this more than a death of like Nelson Mandela (not to say that, just using him as a comparison), because a guy like Mandela lived a full life...and until age 95. I feel like Paul Walker had so much left in him. I actually didn't even know he was a philanthropist until he died.

So yeah, an RIP topic for dis guy too. Share your thoughts, memories, favorite scenes from Fast and the Furious, etc. :)
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Asaad

I don't like anyone in the media who dies, because everyone makes a big deal about this superstar who was living a perfect life until moments later. Millions of people were killed in the past couple of years. They lived in harsh conditions, did not appear in luxurious movies that enabled them to have luxurious lifestyles. The hype around his death make me despise our society. I hope no one mentions him or any other dead celebrity in a long time. So insulting to the men women and children who died without even tasting the same water this guy did.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Elyxiatic

Quote from: Asaad on December 08, 2013, 05:02:02 AM
I don't like anyone in the media who dies, because everyone makes a big deal about this superstar who was living a perfect life until moments later. Millions of people were killed in the past couple of years. They lived in harsh conditions, did not appear in luxurious movies that enabled them to have luxurious lifestyles. The hype around his death make me despise our society. I hope no one mentions him or any other dead celebrity in a long time. So insulting to the men women and children who died without even tasting the same water this guy did.

You're such a dick.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Asaad

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

The_Poet

Always good to hear random acts of kindness or generosity whether it's a celeb or not. Nice!

Taibz

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This Babylon

Paul was a big part of me getting into cars and motorsports, dude was and always will be a hero to me. Rest in peace bro.