• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Missing Plane in Asia

Started by Al, March 08, 2014, 11:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

A passenger plane carrying 229 that left Kuala Lumpar at 11.21 a.m. ET Friday due to arrive in Beijing at 5.30 p.m. ET Friday lost contact over the South China Sea a minute after reaching 35,000 feet.

Article: http://news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-loses-contact-beijing-bound-flight-carrying-010217680--finance.html

Here are some comments I picked out:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Wayshow

Probably explosive decompression from all the pressure difference.... maybe they didn't patch up the plane well enough. Planes don't just "lose contact" so suddenly. It's very sad, Malaysia is a good airline with good service :/. B772s are getting a lil old though, still shouldn't happen! Hearts go out to the passengers loved ones

Wizard

Yeh Josh was talking about this last night, they found the plane a few hours later, Vietnam Navy confirmed it crashed int he Ocean.

Al

Quote from: Wizard on March 08, 2014, 08:10:40 PM
Yeh Josh was talking about this last night, they found the plane a few hours later, Vietnam Navy confirmed it crashed int he Ocean.

And then they later contacted them and they "deconfirmed" that.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Mami Tomoei

Quote from: Wizard on March 08, 2014, 08:10:40 PM

its a sad incident. The Navy has NOT found the plane, no information has been confirmed yet. Technically no confirmed deaths, just 239 people missing.

This case is fucking bizarre. Its a 777, a very very safe plane, no idea how it went down.
My hearts go out to all the passengers and hope they are found safely.

Al

Yeah I didn't think I was gonna get these replies, so cool...but the case is REALLY weird, if you add some creepy music in the background it's like a History Channel cold case. Not to disrespect the passengers...it is really sad and a lot of them were my native peoples...

Previous incident also being an Asiana Airlines crash at SFO, my city. :(

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Lighten

Reece

Heard today that one of the family members was able to ring through to phones of people on the plane
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Al

Heard the oil slicks they found wasn't typical of a plane but a cargo ship, and the debris they've found was sea trash.

+ Search radius has widened. The only lead they have right now is the two stolen passports, but those passengers booked flights back to Europe after this one...

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Wizard

Ts Stormrage

For some reason, I can't give a shit about a missing plane... More people die every hour due to car crashes alone, not even going to mention the rate of people dying due to PREVENTABLE diseases (regardless of the reasons)...

I am however upset that it bumped the standoff, and possible prelude to war developing in the Ukraine from the headlines...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mojo

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on March 11, 2014, 09:53:29 PM
For some reason, I can't give a shit about a missing plane... More people die every hour due to car crashes alone, not even going to mention the rate of people dying due to PREVENTABLE diseases (regardless of the reasons)...

I am however upset that it bumped the standoff, and possible prelude to war developing in the Ukraine from the headlines...
it's only in the news because it's such an interesting case
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Wayshow

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on March 11, 2014, 09:53:29 PM

Air travel is supposed to be reliable. Accidents don't just happen on a regular basis. If we had to report every single car crash, wouldn't the news be pretty boring?

Al

Besides people dying, the issue is we don't know why this plane disappeared! If we knew, then we could learn from it. This and the Asiana plane at SFO are supposedly the only two accidents this plane has ever had since it was created, it's not supposed to happen and it's important to know why.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Flames377

Vio

FoxCastz

Haha my mom won't shut up about it, but it wasn't really a sudden loss of communication, they apparently were still tracking it with occasional blips for a bit, but after those went silent they don't know how far it could've gotten! I wonder if it finally crashed or it was a highjacking and they hid the plane for a future terrorist attack /:

Mojo

looks like they are now confident it ditched in the southern Indian Ocean :/
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

I'm so sick of hearing reports that lead to nowhere. Beginning to think news sites are doing it for more traffic, which is really sick.

First the saw an object on a boat, but it was "too dark." Now they see stuff from satellite or plane and the waves are getting big.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Josheh

Can't believe how long this took. Unlucky deaths.

Member since 8-8-8

Al

I think the Malaysian government could have handled it better. Apparently they didn't release the Malay airliners' info as quick enough. Maybe it would have helped if they did. And if they're the only ones that have the info, how can others verify?

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)