• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Work

Started by Al, April 25, 2014, 02:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

What do you do for irl gp? Volunteer work too. ^.^

Coincidentally, the night after I resigned I got an offer for an apprenticeship to learn and (possibly) open a boba shop on Fridays and the weekend. Before, I've worked at my dad's packaging business, learning various corners of the/a business.

Or what job would you like to have in the future?

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Zemus

I am an apprentice chef at one of Australias best hotel restaurants

:)

Al

Awesome...didn't know about "best" so that bit of detail is good to know. And when do you plan on moving overseas?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Keith

i work in an office as an on campus job while i'm at school, gonna get a real job soon. preferably in the hydrogeology field

Zemus

Quote from: Al on April 25, 2014, 06:02:50 AM
Awesome...didn't know about "best" so that bit of detail is good to know. And when do you plan on moving overseas?

Recent awards including coming third place for Best Restaurant in a Hotel, at the international Mr and Mrs Smith Hotel Awards. And, taking out the National award for Restaurant of the Year, at the Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards.

Finalist in 3 categories with Luxury Travel Magazine's Gold List Awards:

1. Best Australian Food & Wine Experience

2. Best Australia Boutique Property, Villa or Lodge

3. Best Australian property within driving distance of the CBD

:)

i'll probably finish my apprenticeship here before travelling and working around the world

Al

@Keith What happened to landscaping? Thought it was kinda funny it related to your major lol.

@Zemus Might have to visit. :)

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Brent147

Up until two weeks ago I was working as an Air/Hydraulic Mechanic. I am no longer working for that company. I still have a few of my own personal clients on the side that I do work for. I was previously bringing home a six figure salary.

I have an associates degree in Psychology and along with that I have my CNA license. I've gone through extensive training and I am qualified to work for a mental health facility, which I have done prior to becoming and Air/Hydraulic mechanic. I currently have a job offer at Alton mental health, which is also a six figure salary and offers full benefits that include but are not limited to full heath, dental, vision, 401k retirement plan, mileage compensation, etc...

I also currently have an application in with Ford Motor Companies, for a few different management positions.

Until I decide on another job path, I am taking it easy, filling out applications, and spending time at home.
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

Flames377

Fire fighting has always been my dream career,
Might join the Air force or Navy and become a Fire Fighter in the service.

Al

Firefighting is badass. I've always imagined those guys playing cards/pool/dominos and shit and eating pizza then being rung up to a fire.

*spins down pole* lolf

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)