• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Thinking years ahead . . .

Started by Rachellove9, May 08, 2012, 01:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachellove9

What kind of work do you hope to do when older?

Everyone starts out somewhere and has a goal for the future.
I often think that no one in high school set a goal to be a McDonald's cashier or Subway Crew person that bakes bread.

Think beyond the starting jobs and what your doing now and give an age with a job you would hope to be doing in your future.

This is pretty easy for me.  I like to work with families and help them achieve more balance in life.
So my future job that I think of often is after I retire from making my millions.  lol
I want to be a nanny and travel with families and teach the children the most important things in life.
For me it won't be about the pay so much but about staying active and traveling not alone.
I'll be the fun nanny that makes them laugh and learn to enjoy life beyond what they know.
I'd have lots of field-trip days to do things.

Groedius

Well I think eventually what id like to do after making my millions is work on doing my own MMORPG as the next generation of MMO's. That way I could try to take onboard everything from existing games and new ideas to throw them together into an new super MMO :p

Owen

Own my own gym.

Become a celebrities personal trainer (Already kinda achieved)

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

His Lordship

This is not what I hope for. This is what I plan for:

I will be the greatest living composer of my generation, and that will be merely the start.
The greater story of my life will be told when I am gone and my music lives on, immortalising me in the echelons of history.

We live in a world of crisis, where classical music is diminishing and falling into obscurity.
I will be the one to return it to the greater people of the world.
I will be the tune on every tongue.

Those who sought to cut me down, all fallen like dominoes, for limits exist only in the self.
I labour under no delusions; it will not be easy.
But I want it more than any man living, and I fucking work for it.
The talent is God-given, and my potential therefore limitless and my success subject to my hard work.

I will receive standing ovations in the great concert halls of the world.
I will be a concert composer, but I will also write film scores.
An Oscar will be sitting on my work desk.
I will never retire.
I will die with notes soaring from my fingers.

I am yet to hear a contemporary of mine (older generations excluded) exceed my abilities in composition.
What I lack in technique, I more than make up for in creativity.
I will have trained at the greatest musical institutions in the world... The Royal College of Music, Juilliard, St Petersburg Conservatory...
I will change lives with my art, and revolutionise culture and the way in which people understand their existence.

Mozart, Beethoven, Marshall.

EDIT: You wish to criticise my ego?
Then fuck you. You won't stop me.
Greater men have tried.
It's my ego that will get me beyond mere mediocrity.
I am the tall poppy you cannot cut.
How else does one rise beyond the naysayers, and all those who tell you "You can't"?
Your thoughts become you.
To reach success, one thinks success.

Owen

Quote from: His Lordship on May 08, 2012, 02:40:16 PM

I will be the greatest living composer of my generation, and that will be merely the start.
The greater story of my life will be told when I am gone and my music lives on, immortalising me in the echelons of history.

We live in a world of crisis, where classical music is diminishing and falling into obscurity.

Those who sought to cut me down, all fallen like dominoes, for limits exist only in the self.
The talent is God-given, and my potential therefore limitless and my success subject to my hard work.

I will never retire.

I am yet to hear a contemporary of mine (older generations excluded) exceed my abilities in composition.
I will have trained at the greatest musical institutions in the world... The Royal College of Music, Juilliard, St Petersburg Conservatory...
I will change lives with my art, and revolutionise culture and the way in which people understand their existence.

Greater men have tried.
How else does one rise beyond the naysayers, and all those who tell you "You can't"?

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

His Lordship

I am training... I'm training my ego.
Shut the fuck up and spot me.

Robertw56

Quote from: His Lordship on May 08, 2012, 02:40:16 PM

I will never retire.

Greater men have tried.

I don't poke my head around here as much as I should, but my god Gene, that's one hell of an inspirational post.

As for me, I think I'm just going to make cakes until I'm 80, then maybe die of a chocolate overdose.

George

Ohhh Gene, you legend. Go for it :)

I'm at University at the moment, but hope to go to Drama School when I graduate and train either in Stage Management or another aspect of Technical Theatre, such as Lighting.
I would like to eventually be a head of department at a big West End theatre in London.

PineappleTom

Rammstein

I aspire to work at a Taco Bell for the next 15 years......

Wayshow

Quote from: Rodney75 on May 09, 2012, 12:02:34 PM
Actuary / Teacher.
Ohyeszz. Professor Q pls :P

As for me, I wish to finish college, graduate school, and I don't know about the rest. I'm still quite confused as to what I want to do with the rest of my life :P

Rachellove9

Joey

Quote from: Owen on May 08, 2012, 02:39:54 PM
Own my own gym.

Become a celebrities personal trainer (Already kinda achieved)

Lol'd

-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Vio

Either guitar tuition, somewhere in the film industry or a computer bum.

Colinwarrior

Working for the CIA or a security firm.

Or be a poor musician...

Two very different walks of life from which I have not yet decided my path.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Al

The smart thing to say would be, "I'd like to see what my options are." Personally, I don't think people should set their minds to do something very specific when they're older. To plan is good, but keeping your options open is the way to go. Having a plan is better than having no plan. The world would be a very different place if it weren't for accidental discoveries or people that ventured off into a completely different career pathway than what their college major was for or intended to do for work.

I'm close to finishing high school right now, and all my peers and I will be going off to college. One thing don't like seeing is when I see people that go into fields or majors that have no purpose towards a career or don't have any actual interest in it at all. I don't think people should be stuck to a plan, unless it's something they REALLY want and have ALREADY been working at it. It's not good to commit yourself to a career pathway without actually knowing what it's going to get, or even like it for that matter. For example, a lot of people who want to become doctors stick themselves to 4 years of biology, but little do they know that'll flick away room for some of their own potential personal interests, which is a waste. I like to see people that go into uncommon pathways, and like the quote, leave their own trail. Often, it's the people that turned their passions into their career that end up the happiest or wealthiest.

Btw, I'm not directing this any anyone at all, just something in general that I realized that I wanted to point out. But for now, my aspirations for college is to do what I really enjoy. So far, I've come up with being a kinesiology major, because I've been playing sports my almost whole life, and majoring in business. My family owns a business and I want to advance the family business while going into my own entreprenurial endeavours. I see myself leading a company and making jobs for others. As for kinesiology, health science has always been an interest of mine since I've had to deal with knee injuries that kept me from playing sports. I could go into sports medicine, or one day open my own human performance science and training center. And we'll see from there :).
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS