• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Rant on Basketball

Started by Wayshow, August 04, 2011, 12:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayshow

I really suck at basketball.
I tried to improve multiple times, but failed.
I just don't have the basketball gene in me...... :(
That's the problem.
Since when was basketball the sole deciding factor on one's reputation?
Since when was basketball the only "manly" sport? (Fine, not only,  I guess I should include football and soccer)
SINCE WHEN DID EVERY OTHER SPORT BECOME GIRLY?
I really hate sports that require me to have a lot of physical contact with another person.
I hate sports that require me to wrestle something away from someone.
But apparently, stripping off your shirts and crashing into other people is manly.
In my school, every sport that isn't basketball is "girly".
The only organised sports team we have is basketball.
The field, the volleyball courts, the table tennis room, the tennis courts... etc. are always empty. The school spends pretty much every ounce of its sports fund on basketball, while the other courts are left dilapidated.

Is this just my school, or is every other school like that?

Death_Outlaw

At my school we do every other sport other than basketball.
The school tried to set up a team for it but it failed.
Football all the way

Seb

In nearly everyone continent aPart from north America, soccer is the "one" sport, that's why it's the biggest in the world, when I went to school you knew how to play other sports, but whenever there was a choice of what to play it was always soccer. That's why a soccer team ( Manchester united) is the biggest sporting business in the world, bigger than every NFL and basketball team.

Colinwarrior

Ummm..no. Nobody cares about basketball. I think it was the least popular sport in my school. Even the chess club was more popular.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Keith

I love basketball, but that's just me. I'm not even that good at it, I'm more of a runner and hackysack player.

Jayson

-1 me because you know I'm right

7th Highest Overall for Wars Attended.

Vephy

Dieyou2000

I've always found it interesting that, at least in America, football is probably considered the most "manly" sport.  Here's why:

1)  When getting the snap from the center, the quarterback usually has his hands near or on the center's jock.  The quarterback is usually considered the leader and most popular on the team.

2)  The object of the defense in football is to find the person with the ball, and jump on top of him until he falls over with you on top of him.

3)  Football players have an incredibly strange desire to slap each other on the ass.  When they do it, it's manly, but if gay people do it, they're fags.

American football is for pussies who don't have the brains to do a real job and can't contribute meaningfully to society.  Ktnxbai.

Seb

Quote from: Vephy on August 06, 2011, 08:54:10 AM
I like tennis myself.

this, i like all english sports (with the execption of golf), tennis, football/soccer, rugby etc

dont like any american sports. american football doesnt flow as well as other sports, rugby is much tougher mainly becuase they only stop after 40 mins, and they dont wear any body armour.

Indivi2you

Best athletes in the world IMO are basketball players.

If its not you're thing, who gives a shit then don't play it lol. Don't try and be somebody you aren't. Personally, I'm a baller and it works out lovely for me. My school has everything from dance teams and tennis to football and basketball. There are cliques everywhere; find your own and embrace it.
The First, the Last, and the Only ~FLO
Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. ~Michael Jordan