• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Mod MMG

Started by Mister Kyle, December 24, 2013, 03:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

The new combat system is indeed crap for any non-f2p PvP
But its pretty good for PvM...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

The Dragens

Quote from: Prazo on December 25, 2013, 06:41:10 PM
Jagex are way too proud of the EoC to admit it was a huge fail, you cant say it wasn't because the playerbase is 1/4th of what it was pre-eoc, i understand some people like the new combat system because you interact more with the game, but how the fuck can he say that 2013 has "probably been our best year yet" when the game has literally died out, the community is almost non-existent, hes a fucking scumbag and a liar.

This is so true. The fact that there has been much change in the game (EOC I mean then) doesn't mean it's better. Graphics and shit have been improved but this is not the main reason why we play the game. Thank god there is old school runescape. Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing anymore. Total bullshit on the fact that it is their best year. I sometimes wonder if they ever think before they say something... ofcourse, you can't say it has been a bad year, but don't tell us it has been one of the best and for sure not THE best....

Al

@NightShade which is what pisses me off. So okay boss hunters, questers, and skillers (non-PvP) have been getting a lot, but I'm not mad and it's not BAD for the game. I don't mind them to keep releasing stuff for them, but there's nothing at all going for PvP now.

I don't know. I don't wanna get into it lol. Basically Mod Pi and what's been going on etc. doesn't even scratch the surface for me.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

This Babylon

Really if they went with cooldowns for abilities and added specials again and made it so you had to quest to get certain abilities like ancients it wouldnt be that shit. I would probably play again

The Dragens

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on December 26, 2013, 10:46:06 AM
The new combat system is indeed crap for any non-f2p PvP
But its pretty good for PvM...

Pretty good?
What do you mean with that?
Like in... click on the buttons randomly and it's super fast ?
Make the game even more easy.

PineappleTom

Quote from: This Babylon on December 26, 2013, 09:22:43 PM
Really if they went with cooldowns for abilities and added specials again and made it so you had to quest to get certain abilities like ancients it wouldnt be that shit. I would probably play again

I don't fully understand... There are cooldowns on abilities... You must complete a quest for ancients.... You unlock abilities on quests/events...

This Babylon

If they went more aggressive on the effects of abilities and the cooldown timers it would bring scape back to a hack n slash style gameplay. The problem is that people are throwing abilities every hit. They should be more of a fight changer rather than "does 188 percent weapon damage". My statement about ancients was meant for sets of abilities that do different things like ancients or curses. Im sorry if i came off a little dumb last night. Had a little bit to drink :)

Also specs where a big part of the game. We need em back

Al

Yeh you're kinda right Rick.

I don't mean to start another discussion, but personally I think the whole system is really...superficial not sure how to describe it. It's a more complex system than the old one but it actually doesn't have real DEPTH, that's why people say you just spam abilties. To me it's like one ability has 188% damage, another is obviously not really used, or only certain ones are good. Like everyone else I'm not against a more sophisticated combat system, cause obviously look how more popular it made bossing? but I think it needs a lot more improvement.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Dieyou2000

Anyone that's just spamming abilities is fucking doing it wrong and not getting the same DPS as somebody that pays attention to what they're doing.  This is obviously even more apparent when it comes to stronger monsters and bosses.

I agree that there are definite needs to have abilities reworked and make sure it all works better for PvP.

It's been my experience that most people hating on EoC didn't try it for longer than a few days.  My favorite are the people who still refuse to play because of "button mashing" even though you can just use Momentum and play literally exactly the same way you did in RS2, but with better xp rates.

And how was it a bad year?  I'm not saying it was the best, but let's look objectively at what they released.

Several high-level boss monsters
Final Dwarf quest
New Interface System
New Graphics
World Event 1 and 2 (1 was good and they clearly learned a lot for 2 and it's god damn awesome)
Divination

That and a ton of smaller/medium size updates.  Again, I'm not saying it was the best year ever, but there comes a point where you're just hating them because it's cool to hate them right now.

This Babylon

Exactly the point die. People just aim for high dps when the ability bar couls be used for alot more.

Dieyou2000

I must be misunderstanding your point.  I thought the point of pvm was to have high dps.

What exactly could the ability bar be used for that would make it better or what kinds of things?

Patty

Quote from: This Babylon on December 27, 2013, 11:07:38 PM
Exactly the point die. People just aim for high dps when the ability bar couls be used for alot more.
Not sure I quite get what you mean, there's more to it than that. The most prominently used armour in bossing situation is the ports armour (Tetsu, Seasinger and Deathlotus) which are tank armour, so that's not max dps. There's hybrid armours, power armours and tank armour. If you're maging you have to consider wether you want to use a one handed staff or a wand with either a shield or a book depending on if you need tanking or max DPS. Same with ranger if you want to dual weild or use a one handed crossbow. You should actually give the system a try before pretending you know what you're talking about.

Dieyou2000

Quote from: Patty on December 28, 2013, 12:08:08 AM
Not sure I quite get what you mean, there's more to it than that. The most prominently used armour in bossing situation is the ports armour (Tetsu, Seasinger and Deathlotus) which are tank armour, so that's not max dps. There's hybrid armours, power armours and tank armour. If you're maging you have to consider wether you want to use a one handed staff or a wand with either a shield or a book depending on if you need tanking or max DPS. Same with ranger if you want to dual weild or use a one handed crossbow. You should actually give the system a try before pretending you know what you're talking about.

Have my babies?

Patty

Quote from: Dieyou2000 on December 28, 2013, 12:32:58 AM

Have my babies?
pls

Mister Kyle

Runescape is great, love everything about it

The company just ruined it for me honestly

This Babylon

As i have said before patrick, I pvped under this system for around 3 months before i got sick of it and left. From what i remember in clan based pvp dps was generally the main focus unless piled. ;)

Patty

Quote from: This Babylon on December 28, 2013, 12:52:01 AM
As i have said before patrick, I pvped under this system for around 3 months before i got sick of it and left. From what i remember in clan based pvp dps was generally the main focus unless piled. ;)
You're kidding me, you have to try and to damage to the enemy to kill them? What a travesty.

Dieyou2000

Yeah, I'm a bit confused.

Wasn't max dps always the focus when piling someone and max defense bonuses the focus when being piled.

Al

I beg to disagree with you Patty, and Dieyou while at it?

Okay, they came out with some updates. Maybe they were good, maybe they were bad. There's no point in arguing that cause you'll get different answers depending on who you ask as well as other factors. However, a lot of these updates were just 'expansion packs' and like Gene said in his recent video, have no real effect on players like us in the long run.

edit: In other words, I actually think this will cause RuneScape as we know it to fall, because lower players have an increasing amount of content to finish, and high level players can just finish whatever they release. It's "top down."

Personally, RS became a game I just wanted to beat, but they kept releasing more content, sucking me into the game, but never able to finish. It's the same road companies for other games have gone, and failed.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

This Babylon

Quote from: Patty on December 28, 2013, 01:22:15 AM
Quote from: This Babylon on December 28, 2013, 12:52:01 AM
You're kidding me, you have to try and to damage to the enemy to kill them? What a travesty.
What im saying is combat should be more dynamic, rather than just both parties hitting eachother for high dps or building for high defence. abilities should be more of a game changer verses your opponents style. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth. Ive been nothing but nice to you. stop being a dick.

Patty

Don't want you to think I dislike you, we just disagree, I do agree the combat needs a revamp, and there's been talk about updates to it in 2014 so I guess we'll see what happens.