• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Y U No Do Citadel? :(

Started by Wayshow, September 30, 2011, 04:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why don't you like to do the citadel?

I max dem resources out every week yo :woeh:
9 (29%)
It's boring O.o
3 (9.7%)
I've got better stuff to do :@
4 (12.9%)
I'm Inactive/Emeritus(To Emeritus who max out, Ily) ##
7 (22.6%)
Citadels are a waste of time :(
8 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Wayshow

I check the amount of people who have walked into the citadel. I only see around 20-25
I don't think only 20-25 of us are active
The clan citadel project is an awesome project to continue in my opinion, it allows us to have a castle to ourselves, and its quite useful for training to be honest.
I think there are many reasons to dislike maxing out resources, it's boring, blah blah. But, maybe voicing your reasons will make it easier to try make it more interesting ##
If you're reasoning for disliking to max resources is not above, post why below :)
To the awesome people that DO max out the citadel, you're awesome :P

PineappleTom

I do it on the weekends :p So no, not until tomorrow will I go in there this week!

Mojo

it is boring to do on your own. if we had weekly citadel events where we all do it together or maybe a fewevents for different timezones then I would be more inclined to do it
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Citadels are a waste of time and purely cosmetic imo. But thats just my view.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Rammstein

I agree with panda, instead of doing citadels we should be recruiting and practicing for wars and raids.

George

If you all think citadels are purely cosmetic and the features are crap, then I suggest you look at the rs wikia page on clan citadels.
There's a lot of stuff that is not useless.

Vephy

The argument that citadels are a waste of time and that we should be doing raids/wars is pretty ridiculous to me.  The citadel takes 1-2 hours a week which is 1-2 events.  If you can't do that and a war and a raid during the week you just aren't active to me and you are making excuses.  Sorry, but it basically is a fact.  Not to mention those 1-2 hours are at your own leisurely pace in a week.  Its just laziness and inconsideration toward others that try.

This isn't an issue about priorities, its an issue with everyone's activity.  Get it right.  Thanks again.

BeeBee

edit: nvm

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Vephy

BeeBee

I guess i was talking about its a difficult discussion as everyone has different views on things, i for one didn't like playing RS, especially for skilling. But maybe i posted it a bit more brutally :P

So i guess me and Ramm have similar views. But then again you say people are not doing there skilling for this, but then people dont sign up for warring too so. If people arent doing this for the clan, some arent signing up and attending wars for the clan.

If we had a clan that was large or if we had sectors, this discussion would be different, as not everyone would need to go out of their way to do something they didnt want but.

It's not always activity or laziness or unwillingness that stops us from doing it, it's the fact we dislike doing the citadel or dislike runescape skilling or similar. I tried my best to help WG, but this just wasn't my thing, and i don't think my activity was something to question

Edit: just realised i may have gone off topic and said something pointless, im not awake, sorry :p

Mark

I stopped doing it since Gene hasn't realised anything lolz. But i voted that i maxed out, cause i did

I set the standard.

Vephy

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on September 30, 2011, 08:41:05 PM
I guess i was talking about its a difficult discussion as everyone has different views on things, i for one didn't like playing RS, especially for skilling. But maybe i posted it a bit more brutally :P

So i guess me and Ramm have similar views. But then again you say people are not doing there skilling for this, but then people dont sign up for warring too so. If people arent doing this for the clan, some arent signing up and attending wars for the clan.

If we had a clan that was large or if we had sectors, this discussion would be different, as not everyone would need to go out of their way to do something they didnt want but.

It's not always activity or laziness or unwillingness that stops us from doing it, it's the fact we dislike doing the citadel or dislike runescape skilling or similar. I tried my best to help WG, but this just wasn't my thing, and i don't think my activity was something to question

Edit: just realised i may have gone off topic and said something pointless, im not awake, sorry :p

So basically it is an activity issue.  Glad you agree.  My argument of 1-2 hours a week spread out still stands pretty firm.  The only argument against it you brought up is that you dislike the skilling itself and others must as well.  If you were to evenly divide the time you skill a day to do the Citadel it would take about 10-15 minutes a day.  That is very small dedication when there are 24 hours in a day and your devoting 10-15 minutes in each of them 7 days a week.

I'm sure the people ignoring it all together for whatever reason they feel like will ignore my sensible argument all the same.  At least I get to say it for however many pennies it is worth.

Zemus

I used to do it every week, though as of late it seems kinda pointless as others aren't doing it either

Rammstein

But vephy tell me how this clan citadel benefits us in any way besides cosmetical.

Owen

Quote from: Rammstein on September 30, 2011, 11:31:32 PM
But vephy tell me how this clan citadel benefits us in any way besides cosmetical.

Dem clan rings for bonus exp outside the citadel ##

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Rammstein

Too be honest not everyone wants to skill, I joined this clan to PVP/PVM not cut wood. If i wanted to cut wood i would go cut it a magics.

Vephy

Quote from: Rammstein on September 30, 2011, 11:31:32 PM

Its a symbol of clan pride and achievement.  We could use it to have clan meetings and epic war preps.  Tell me how the cost of 15 minutes of your day every day for your clan is to you?  Still waiting on a good argument.

LilRyan

I don't do it simply because I don't find it fun, Vephy I see where you are coming from....But I play for fun and that is it, if you see me doing anything besides warring/raiding you have good eyes, cuz it doesnt happen often.

Elyxiatic

Put up a clan lottery each week of 10 mil/5 mil/2 mil for 1st/2nd/3rd as incentive to get people to do the citadel.

Taibz

I don't see any good things with citadels except for the battlefield which might be good to practice wars/tanking in. But if u want to practice it's alot better to practice in the environment that we war in, f.e. clan wars.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mark

Quote from: Elyxiatic on October 01, 2011, 02:18:32 PM
Put up a clan lottery each week of 10 mil/5 mil/2 mil for 1st/2nd/3rd as incentive to get people to do the citadel.
I said that if 40 people do it then i raffle 5m. And everyone gets attendance each week for doing it.

I set the standard.

Rammstein

The point being is that clan citadels should be optional. Unless I join a CLAN FOR SKILLING I don't expect to be skilling (Cutting wood or whatever the hell we do in citadels). Its not about how much time it takes but about whats being done.

Vephy

Quote from: Rammstein on October 02, 2011, 01:21:33 AM
The point being is that clan citadels should be optional. Unless I join a CLAN FOR SKILLING I don't expect to be skilling (Cutting wood or whatever the hell we do in citadels). Its not about how much time it takes but about whats being done.

So you can't do 15 minutes of it a day.  Okay, just wanted to know.

Maxemis

haven't been here long enough couple more days and then i can help :)