• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Bot Busting + Events

Started by Wind_Arcus, October 21, 2011, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind_Arcus

So i was reading this post on the RS page: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/bot-busting-and-bonuses-for-all,
and it looks like we got ourselves a few events coming up. This event will begin on Tuesday, with the official "Bot-Nuking" happening on that day, with roughly 98% of the bots being exiled from the game! Also i was hoping that on Thursday, we might plan on a event together, like penguins or mining star  :woeh:

Tuesday:

Slayer skill day: All Slayer XP earned from killing assigned targets will be tripled. Some monsters will have a faster respawn time.

Wednesday:

Castle Wars day: Tickets earned from winning a game will be triple the usual amount.

Thursday:

Distraction and Diversion day: Bonus rewards will be given for the following distractions:

Penguin Hide & Seek: Double points.
    Evil Tree: Triple XP.
    Shooting Star: Triple XP while mining it and increased final rewards.
    Familiarization: Players will receive the lucky charm AND ingredient box instead of having to choose.

Penguin Hide & Seek and Familiarization will be reset on the day, so you can do them again if you have already done them that week. All other D&D limitations remain the same (e.g. only two Evil Trees a day).

Friday:

Soul Wars day: Players will receive triple the usual amount of zeal points.

These days will run from midnight to midnight (BST), with the exception of Tuesday which will run from game update time until midnight (BST). Unlike previous Bonus XP events, these modifiers will not deteriorate and will remain constant for the durations stated above.

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Mark

I'll be at school on these days.

Bot nuking won't last long roflz.

I set the standard.

Wind_Arcus

Quote from: Mark on October 21, 2011, 09:50:11 PM
I'll be at school on these days.

Bot nuking won't last long roflz.

I believe this but think about it, botting is based off of "reflecting" which is as of this point on Tuesday, gone. What that means is the only ones your going to see now, are auto clickers :|

Note: most of the info i got from the rs post itself...

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

BeeBee

Friday's Soul Wars will be interesting to say the least.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mojo

i hope this works.

but if it does there is gonna be a HUGE effect on the economy, most prices rising is my guess.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Bgpgraebner

* Bgpgraebner panic buys prayer supplies

Taibz

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on October 22, 2011, 12:01:30 AM
i hope this works.

but if it does there is gonna be a HUGE effect on the economy, most prices rising is my guess.

Every item that can be botted will rise f.e. Dragon bones, Green d'hide, Ores, Logs, Herbs and lots of other stuff.
This will cause some skills to be alot more expensive, like prayer and herblore.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Quote from: Taibz on October 23, 2011, 09:48:12 AM
i hope this works.

Every item that can be botted will rise f.e. Dragon bones, Green d'hide, Ores, Logs, Herbs and lots of other stuff.
This will cause some skills to be alot more expensive, like prayer and herblore.

I'm Ok, Abs will buy me 99 prayer once he hits 1bil
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mark

i hope this works.

Gonna crash shortly after because the nerds cant stop panicking.

I set the standard.

Mojo

Quote from: Mark on October 23, 2011, 11:30:40 AM
i hope this works.

Gonna crash shortly after because the nerds cant stop panicking.
As long as its the players controlling the economy I don't mind.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Lordlavits01

bot's dont ruin they econ, tired of people complaining about this. They make EVERYTHING cheaper armour, resources, etc. with boths gone bandos and arma should raise. As it's the casual gear everyone bot's to get. SO honestly, I hope jagex does actually become sucessful at this, it might give me the drive to keep playing scape or something.

All bot's do is slow down the training of skills, and possibly ruin it for others and that's just cuz of the damn gold farmers. However, reflection isnt the only thing getting pwned by this update, it's also injection. If they were to just throw out reflection bots would be within 12 hours. So for jagex's sake they better hope this update works against injection, because if it doesn't then bot's will be back.

With that said, there are still other ways for bots to exsist. Scar doesn't use reflection or injection, and that was like OG bot client #1 right there. However, gold farmers might look at runescape as too much work to deal with right now, if anything this update even helps them. Those people who buy gold are still gonna buy it, gold farmers are just gonna stock up atm and jack up the prices to the gold since they wont be able to bot for awhile.

Mark

Quote from: Lordlavits01 on October 23, 2011, 04:31:21 PM
bot's dont ruin they econ, tired of people complaining about this. They make EVERYTHING cheaper armour, resources, etc. with boths gone bandos and arma should raise. As it's the casual gear everyone bot's to get. SO honestly, I hope jagex does actually become sucessful at this, it might give me the drive to keep playing scape or something.

All bot's do is slow down the training of skills, and possibly ruin it for others and that's just cuz of the damn gold farmers. However, reflection isnt the only thing getting pwned by this update, it's also injection. If they were to just throw out reflection bots would be within 12 hours. So for jagex's sake they better hope this update works against injection, because if it doesn't then bot's will be back.

With that said, there are still other ways for bots to exsist. Scar doesn't use reflection or injection, and that was like OG bot client #1 right there. However, gold farmers might look at runescape as too much work to deal with right now, if anything this update even helps them. Those people who buy gold are still gonna buy it, gold farmers are just gonna stock up atm and jack up the prices to the gold since they wont be able to bot for awhile.
This man is correct I just couldn't be bothered typing it out.

But Woopee for value of GP going up@

I set the standard.

Tenacious

I don't care about normal people botting, but for the sake of the game (It doesn't really effect me since I don't play, and when I do it's not at heavily botted areas) I hope it stops gold farmers. Everything being cheap is great, but it's killing the game. What new member wants to log in for the first time and have it filled with bots, and autotalkers spamming for rwt sites?

But I doubt this will stop them for very long, and soon enough Bots are going to catch up to it and they'll be back.