• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

And.........they're out!

Started by BPN, November 06, 2011, 11:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPN

As me being an ex-botter i just wanted to bring a little update on how works going behind bot clients and scripts on this moment,

i can (for alot of people) glady inform that most clients are starting to shut down mainly because there is no -  to little (-1%) - chance that its possible to bot trough this new secured system.

Long time after the update people behind clients told the users it was just a matter of time before they would be up and running, but no.

Even the client developer went to runefest with his newest client updated to show jagex some little security issues they had to work some more on.

Happy scaping! :)

Abs L

I think if I understood the post correctly: Good to hear!

"Even the client developer went to runefest with his newest client updated to show jagex some little security issues they had to work some more on."
The bot client developer showed Jagex some security issues that Jagex had to work on?
So the bot client developer is working with Jagex to keep bots off runescape? Is that what that sentence is saying? :O

~Abs

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

BPN

What i understood from the developers post was that he went to jagex to show the newest client to help jagex.

cant find anything about a continue-ing partnership or some kind.

so ya, fuck i cant bot no more ;(

Owen

Yeah I think he got a job there, basically he made bots so that people could actually have fun in RS by botting all the tedious stuff, but he realised that it just made RS anti-social and noone was using bots the way he had intended, so he decided to stop making them and showed JaGex some flaws that could be exploited.

Its like the film Catch Me If You Can, which is based on real life, where Leo DiCaprio is the best forger in the world, and he eventually gets caught, but ends up working for the FBI Counter-Forgery Unit or whatever it's called.

Good new for runescape though :)

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Asfixiator

Quote from: BPN on November 06, 2011, 11:49:18 PM
so ya, fuck i cant bot no more ;(

Good now all we have to do is get the 10 year olds off the game and happy days  :woeh:

Mark

I was going to post something like this but wasn't sure if i should really.

My knowledge goes just as far ans yours, and then some i guess.

But yeah what BPN is saying is correct, clients are closing down, RSBuddy already has a few days ago and that was around 50% of all botters tbh.

Rumour has it that one of RSBuddy's developers is going to work for Jagex

I set the standard.

Mojo

i'm pretty sure that BPN is referring to RSBuddy, who recently kept claiming an update was imminent then suddenly decided just to give up. http://rsbuddy.com/forum/recent-developments-moving-bots-174891.html that post and the youtube video that is referenced will explain all. i only found about rsbuddy because someone posted a picture where a mod said that rsbuddy was the only bot they were worried about.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

BPN

Still i have to say that there are click bots (simple click-recording program to do some work) and color bots (bots that click certain colors etc.)

and there are 1-2 bot client developers that dont stop because of this update.

I do hope that those clients wont get up and running anymore,

finaly some legit runescape-playing :D

Mark

Yeah cause RSBuddy was a paid client and the developers made quite abit. They were on top of everything everyday cause they were paid to do so. That's why it was a threat.

And yes of course Pixel bots still work, simply sensing colour and basic autoclickers aswell. But so easily bannable and dectected that noone should even try

I set the standard.

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

PineappleTom

Too much damage is already done and enough people got unpunished :(

redstormx1

scar bots are so dum still . no farm company would use em . jagex has banned like 10mil people . rs money is worth more now :p

Taibz

I really hope there will be lots of color bots at green drags :P It's so easy to lure them to skull lol  :>
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Billy O

the value of everything is rising, in terms of things which take grinding, ranarr cost 4k but a seed is 2k wont take long for seeds to rise even more lol

scumtroll69

the developer of rsbuddy bsed his user for a job at jagex. rsbots.net still goin hard in the paint though