• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

What Regular People Think of Runescape

Started by His Lordship, March 04, 2014, 06:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

20 hours of research later and £30 poorer, I've got some decent idea about which version of Runescape is more attractive to the general public.

Six subjects, 45 minutes on each version.
The variables and limits of the experiment are detailed in the video.
Six people does not define a demographic, but the results are still pretty clear.

What Regular People Think of Runescape

His Lordship

If you guys know any other communities to post this onto I'd appreciate that.

Josheh

I recently played the RS3 tutorial, its hideous and doesnt let you figure anything out.

EDIT: Jagex recently changed the lighting situation in the game because it was too bright

Would have been better with an appropriate audience and better variables but whatevs you took the time to do it.

Thanks for caring enough to try and better the game.

Side note: Amy if you're free add me on facebook ;)

Member since 8-8-8

His Lordship

When did they change the lighting?
I tested three of my subjects about a week ago.

Wizard

I watched nStuff.
It has taken me a month to get back into RS3. It's a completely different game than what I left, but it does look like since it hasn't had to focus on pvp it has rapidly taken off in terms of skilling and pvming. It might just take more time for each player to get into especially if they are returning, I haven't taken the new tutorial in RS3 but from what has been described I am sure I would hate it. I dunno what Jagex is going to do with either game but all I can do is sit back and watch with my shades on.

Josheh

Quote from: His Lordship on March 04, 2014, 07:37:36 AM
When did they change the lighting?
I tested three of my subjects about a week ago.

2 days ago  :wtf:

Member since 8-8-8

Al

Got nothing much to say, same/similar story to what we've already heard. Sad to see the game I put so much time into has little respect from even its own players and regular people. Don't know about anyone else, but I'm losing patience.

Let's not forget, player experience is important but I think bringing back wilderness PvP itself ranks higher.

Good job though Lordy, using your resources, knowledge, and influence. :) I know I've seen the J-Mod in charge of the new player experience on Twitter, so I'll tweet this to him and also share this.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mack

I'll definitely get this out to my PvM clan members to take a look at. I'll also bring it up on my streams if I have a bigger crowd. This is a very good video and more people would probably wanna see this.

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Mojo

surprising results :O
I'd expect RS3 to have a better tutorial, they've had 7 years since OSRS's date to improve it!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Good vid,

This should be backed up by more people, that never played it before, trying the RS3 game and commenting on their experiences... This shouldn't cost anything but time, but is hard to get going since the problem is finding new people to try RS :)
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

His Lordship

Like I said, time and money.
Hence why it's not a wider experiment.

Ts Stormrage

Oh dear, someone has posted this on Tip.it

Participate in the discussion flying your SG and WG flags maturely plz :D

http://forum.tip.it/topic/323641-what-regular-people-think-of-runescape-rs3-vs-osrs/
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

His Lordship

Just read that tip.it topic.
I must say I'm impressed by how smart they all are.
Perhaps it's time to log in.

Ts Stormrage

The standard of Tip.it's discussions was always on a much higher level and of a more civilized nature...

Al

Had to post on Tip.It. You guys should too. Three posts since 2009 ftw. ##

And also...

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Al

Bump, I want people to scroll down to this comment and upvote it please. No offense to the clan of course, I don't wish that WG struggles. We're just coming off as anti-RS3 to some, and it's a good recruitment opportunity!

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

drakonlort

One of the problems is having to many different kind of abilities that do the same thing.

2 examples:
Havoc: 100% of both weapons. vs Decimate: 100% of both weapons and if its wearing a shield 157%. Like why not only keep Decimate, add the improvement at the right strength lvl.
Bash (shield stun) while we have Backhand or kick. There is a small difference in backhand and kick, but not between backhand and bash.

they should also just reduce the amount of basic abilities because who cares its al about the threshold and ultimate's

No wonder old school won the interface in RS3 is shit until you learn how to make it pretty. Also for RS3 you need a way bigger starting and learning curve then for old school RS. But old school RS will be boring in a shorter time due to the lack of awesome mini games that RS3 has.

The fact that accuracy killed all the weapons below 70. R.I.P. my dragon longsword