• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Does anyone listen to rap?!

Started by tangytotoro, July 28, 2012, 09:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tangytotoro

Does anyone listen to rap? Like J. Cole or Drake?!?! :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

Becca

yes. but definitely not j cole or drake :p

Mister Kyle

I like music that takes skill to make, not just autotune and barking at the mic.

BeeBee

I'm more of a fan of His Lordship's singing.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Dieyou2000

Quote from: Mister Kyle on July 28, 2012, 03:26:20 PM
I like music that takes skill to make, not just autotune and barking at the mic.

Rap isn't music.

And before you start hating and say that everybody thinks that about music they don't like.

I hate country, but I still consider it music because it has a melody, notes, actual singing, etc.  Rap is a guy talking quickly over a beat.

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Keith

Saw jcole live like 2 months ago, he came to umass to perform with third eye blind of all groups lolol

I like a few songs of his and a few of drakes, but I'm much more into more older sounding rap; nas, cunninlynguists, mos def, etc

Becca

Quote from: Keith on July 29, 2012, 12:26:52 AM
Saw jcole live like 2 months ago, he came to umass to perform with third eye blind of all groups lolol

I like a few songs of his and a few of drakes, but I'm much more into more older sounding rap; nas, cunninlynguists, mos def, etc

i would've attened that show just to see third eye blind! and i love mos def and nas. biggie is great, too :p

whether or not you consider rap music, it can be pretty damn entertaining! at least to me

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Al

yea i'm not into the new school rap that much...even tho i didn't grow in that "original" hip hop era the new school stuff just bothers me lol
a lot of it is all hype..just a bunch of guys wanting to strike it rich and literally putting out a bunch of noise and gibberish. other times it's just funny and you get into it ##
i know what you guys mean when you say rap is crap...
but not all of it is. rap has a lot of history in it and many different types of genres to mix into the Urban genre...
hip hop/soul/jazz/rhythm/blues/spoken word
i enjoy the poetry and instrumetals...a good rap song always makes you want to move your head or get you pumped up.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Keith

Quote from: Becca on July 29, 2012, 01:48:00 AM
Quote from: Keith on July 29, 2012, 12:26:52 AM

i would've attened that show just to see third eye blind! and i love mos def and nas. biggie is great, too :p

whether or not you consider rap music, it can be pretty damn entertaining! at least to me

Yeah me and my friends all really went because of third eye blind, but we stuck around for jcole - he was actually pretty good too, even though i only knew the last song he played

granitecrab

Quote from: tangytotoro on July 28, 2012, 09:21:27 AM
Does anyone listen to rap? Like J. Cole or Drake?!?! :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

i'm going on a adventure!

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Dieyou2000 on July 28, 2012, 05:19:54 PM
Quote from: Mister Kyle on July 28, 2012, 03:26:20 PM

Rap isn't music.

And before you start hating and say that everybody thinks that about music they don't like.

I hate country, but I still consider it music because it has a melody, notes, actual singing, etc.  Rap is a guy talking quickly over a beat.
I don't listen to rap, but what you're saying is entirely naive. I don't know what convinces you that rap isn't music, but whatever.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<