• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Wilderness Refresh

Started by Flames377, December 10, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flames377

Its just a post on RSC, Mod Mat K asking us what we want...
http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1593117-wilderness-refresh/

Heres some interesting responses...

Go check it out!

Mojo

If MMK actually reads to page 4 there might be a bit more activity in the wilderness. He might stop when he sees that idiots on page 1 have rated his second comment down to -25 though.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Patty

some people seem to think making it f2p will bring in new players, I don't understand that, no one from an outsiders perspective would want to play 07scape unless they have some nostalgia attached to it, anyone who's going to play the game has/ is playing it. No one from an outsiders perspective want's to play an outdated grindy game with a pretty awful combat system in comparison to other mmo's these days. I hope people make serious suggestions otherwise and they get noted :).

Prazo

Quote from: Patty on December 10, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
some people seem to think making it f2p will bring in new players, I don't understand that, no one from an outsiders perspective would want to play 07scape unless they have some nostalgia attached to it, anyone who's going to play the game has/ is playing it. No one from an outsiders perspective want's to play an outdated grindy game with a pretty awful combat system in comparison to other mmo's these days. I hope people make serious suggestions otherwise and they get noted :).
If you've ever seen the osrs fb page theres countless people posting about free weekends because they cant afford/dont want to spend money before they have tried it out, f2p is a great option to revive 07. And the "awful combat system" part is just your opinion, i think the eoc combat system is pretty crappy too but thats just my opinion.

Patty

lol, I wasn't trying to cause a beef. I play 07 because I like slaying on it, but you can't honestly try and say the combat system holds up in anyway objectivly compared to modern RPG's/mmos, it's turned based random number generator and has no interactivity to it...
And I just looked at the facebook page, countless people is quite the exageration.

Keith

honestly i feel it's getting beyond a recoverable state. People saying lol everyone will come back are wrong, regardless of how the game changes now i'm an adult and I hardly have time to always dedicate time to some stupid online bullshit. If you quit for a reason aside from being mad about content, you're not a person who'll come back. We're growing up. I physically couldn't quit when i started at around age 12-14 and and now it's almost as hard to get me to even log on.

Patty

Quote from: Keith on December 11, 2013, 04:57:55 AM
honestly i feel it's getting beyond a recoverable state. People saying lol everyone will come back are wrong, regardless of how the game changes now i'm an adult and I hardly have time to always dedicate time to some stupid online bullshit. If you quit for a reason aside from being mad about content, you're not a person who'll come back. We're growing up. I physically couldn't quit when i started at around age 12-14 and and now it's almost as hard to get me to even log on.

Exactly even the people who were 12 in 07 are 18 now etc. People seem to be in denial, gene's 100% right when he says it has a shelf-life. Enjoy it while it's still around, but don't expect it to last longer than another year tops.

The_Poet

His Lordship

I wish they'd do this for RS3.
Better 07 than nothing, but 07 is too likely to die.

Al

Well on the bright side, they can implement the same concepts to RS3 if it works on 07 right? Better to leave it as is than mess it up more.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS