• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

120 Skillcapes - True Mastery cape may be coming in the near future

Started by Sugax, February 27, 2014, 04:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugax

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong forums

Recently found a thread of the main Runescape website 'Mod Oliver' is suggesting possibly a poll on introducing 120 True Mastery skillcape. You can find the thread through Sub-Forum "Future Game Updates" or this link "http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,129,65309399,goto,1"

A few key points to mention

- These skillcapes will NOT have a unique emote and will have the exact same emote as its 99 counterpart

- These capes only requirement will be 104m xp and will not affect the Completionist cape or its Trimmed version in anyway

- These capes will have the exact same stats as their 99 counterpart

- No skills will be increased to 120

- These skillcapes will be in-game items and not cosmetic overrides unless the player keepsakes the cape itself

- Expect to see the poll in the next upcoming weeks

Your Thoughts guys?

Personally I am truly excited for these, even though they won't have a special emote associated with them, I'm sure it will be interesting to see dedicated players who has invested time and effort into obtain a True Mastery cape.

I myself am already 54m experience in Defence and may as well look to get 120 Slayer as well. I will definitely vote yes on the poll, how about you guys?

Edit: It is a shame Jagex won't be adding in emotes but at least we can imagine. However there is also this Youtube who used to make animation on how he imagined 120 emotes would be. His 120 emote series can still be found on Youtube either search 120 skill cape emotes or this link "https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB34A372CCC20E14C"

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Wizard

I haven't even got 99 in DUNG so I don't think I'll ever get 120 in anything :)

Randy

Gives people more reason to train and resource prices will go up, it's a win-win.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

geoff_7th

Seems to have no real benefit.

Apart from costing a shit load of gps and time costing in a game that people dont want to play

Al

My thoughts...

You have to have a lot of time on your hands lol...in reality, is it really an achievement? It basically says you can no-life. 99 capes already do that, is it not enough? Proof of a 120 dg cape or a Max/Comp cape already shows that.

I guess I'll go with there's nothing wrong with 99s and 120 dg currently, so it's not really needed. People want to actually feel like they've beat the game! If I had Comp Cape right now I wouldn't want to feel like all that work I did was for very little or nothing compared to 104m exp in each skill. Whether or not it becomes a Comp requirement isn't really the point...it's like now I'm going to feel like I haven't finished the game...there's still more to do?

Seems like a good thing for non-compers to laugh at, like haha they have more to do, and comp'ers to say ffs more to do. 7-8 times more.

I had a friend/ex-member of this clan refuse to work past 99 dg, because he recognized maxing (all 99s) as endgame, at least in terms of skills.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Patty

Never been a fan of giving people who spend too much time on the game a false sense of superiority, but it doesn't have any extra bonuses so I suppose it's okay.

SoraSync

120 Capes are nice and all, but i feel that without extra content for them, they're just going to be used as another way to flaunt to the community.
Personally, i'd rather see new updates for skills that are currently outdated than seeing new capes introduced left and right.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Patty

I agree, It's a very lazy way of artifically adding more end-game content for people who have maxed etc. They should focus on genuine content to the endgame rather than trying to add more pointless goals for players.

Josheh

120 capes are just dick slinging contests. Sure I dont mind if people have them but I'm not going to think you're a sick cunt because you've got 120 agilitiy.

Member since 8-8-8

geoff_7th

Quote from: Josheh on March 01, 2014, 05:46:54 AM
120 capes are just dick slinging contests. Sure I dont mind if people have them but I'm not going to think you're a sick cunt because you've got 120 agilitiy.
My dick is bigger then yours 120 cape or not.

Mojo

Quote from: Josheh on March 01, 2014, 05:46:54 AM
reminds me of the other day when I got flamed at Bandos for having degradable tetsu
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Patty and Josh hit the nail on the head...

120 capes are fine to add, but it's really a waste of development time...

My issue with this (even though I don't have any 99 yet) is that SOME people will go for this e-penis-pump, and others will have more of a 'meh' approach to it. Nothing wrong so far. The issue comes when at some point in the (probably a very very far) future, the max stats DO go up, and there will be content requiring me to get 115 Divination or something...

At this point people will be pissed for being told that 120 capes would have no additional benefits, i.e. still no reason to go to 104m XP, while there really is another shoe about to drop...

I think the only way people (players AND Jagex) should be looking at these capes is nothing else but a little gift to those who maxed their XP counters...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

drakonlort

I bet this is just a setup to add lvl 100 weapons that you can buy in soloman store.
Wicked pouch is the start of shit going wrong, pay to win item. 80 coins you save all your inventory spot and you will be able to cast everything even if you didn't add the runes for it, but aslong as it got enough points like wtf. or change your prayer / mage book at a bank.

Josheh

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on March 01, 2014, 10:49:42 PM

I think the only way people (players AND Jagex) should be looking at these capes is nothing else but a little gift to those who maxed their XP counters...

That is what they are, apart from 120 DG. People need to stop freaking out like new end game content is going to happen for 120 skills. Jagex does go back on their word a lot though.

Member since 8-8-8

Owen

Well I certainly won't be going for them.

Although all my exp goals in game are set to 104m...

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Al

Not to knock this topic or any repliers, but we should say something on the official forums or to a J-Mod, cause all this discussion won't do anything.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Josheh

Quote from: Al on March 03, 2014, 06:21:42 PM
Not to knock this topic or any repliers, but we should say something on the official forums or to a J-Mod, cause all this discussion won't do anything.

It allows us to discuss it?

Member since 8-8-8