• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Boston Explosion

Started by BeeBee, April 15, 2013, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeBee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22160691

Really are some unpleasant people in the world.

15th April is a bad date in history:
Titanic sinks, Hillsborough disaster and now this.

Thoughts?

Don't click if squeamish.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Explosions at the Boston Marathon

edit: Keith this is why running is bad!
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Keith

I couldn't be more fucking pissed. This is my home. This is my sport. I had friends there running and watching. I have no words for how disgusted I am. To think I was planning to do it this year too.

Mojo

That is a horrible picture :O

I hope they find who did this
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Abs L

Holy crap that picture is definitely worth more than a thousand words

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

Colinwarrior

Shit like that is why I joined the Army in the first place. Wish I could have been there to help.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Creeper975

Nice copy and paste from AF forums  ^.-

But seriously its terrible, that video really hits you hard.

His Lordship

I don't want to feel like a douche, but this is really unfair attention compared to many other deaths.
I'm not talking about war zones and world hunger. These deaths happen in safe parts of the world all the time.
58 people on a refugee boat just drowned off the coast of Australia a few hours ago, by the way.
As sad as I am to hear about this, I feel sorry for other victims who don't get this much support and attention.
No further comment, apart from restating I feel sorry for the loss, and encouraging people to re-calibrate their world view.

Creeper975

I don't think its about the deaths. It's about the fact that it happened at a massive public event.

Randy

Quote from: Creeper975 on April 16, 2013, 12:16:56 AM
I don't think its about the deaths. It's about the fact that it happened at a massive public event.
And that it was a terror attack... only a small detail.
Accidents happen and people die.
When someone intentionally explodes some bombs then yeah it deserves media attention.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Colinwarrior

Quote from: His Lordship on April 16, 2013, 12:15:17 AM
I don't want to feel like a douche, but this is really unfair attention compared to many other deaths.
I'm not talking about war zones and world hunger. These deaths happen in safe parts of the world all the time.
58 people on a refugee boat just drowned off the coast of Australia a few hours ago, by the way.
As sad as I am to hear about this, I feel sorry for other victims who don't get this much support and attention.
No further comment, apart from restating I feel sorry for the loss, and encouraging people to re-calibrate their world view.

Millions of people die from heart disease every year. 40,000+ people die in America every year from car crashes. It's HOW people die that determine if it's news-worthy or not.

How often does an international sporting event have bombs go off in the crowd?

I agree that every accidental death is a tragedy, but this is an unusual event that has happened.

Currently busy with:

Wayshow

I was planning to go and check out the marathon.... So relieved I didn't.
This is just messed up. I hope they catch the perpetrators soon

His Lordship

No doubt it's highly unusual. We're on the same page.
That's definitely why it's making world headlines rather than a mass shooting that happens every so often.
Question: Is it a good idea to prioritise our attention, allocating it to the most unusual attacks?
Two people died and it's making world headlines.
There is no hate in me, but I feel so bad for the (on average) 85 Americans who will be killed by a gun TODAY, silently.
I am asking for a lot: a change in priorities. I'll say no more because death is death and this is still a tragedy.

Keith

Quote from: Colinwarrior on April 16, 2013, 12:20:25 AM
Quote from: His Lordship on April 16, 2013, 12:15:17 AM

Millions of people die from heart disease every year. 40,000+ people die in America every year from car crashes. It's HOW people die that determine if it's news-worthy or not.

How often does an international sporting event have bombs go off in the crowd?

I agree that every accidental death is a tragedy, but this is an unusual event that has happened.

Yeah I'd say this is an international scale catastrophe, people come from just about every country in the world. I know you're just trying to point out how people and media suck, which they do. Legit even after this trending searches on Yahoo only listed the explosions at #5 and 30 mins later down to #10, and now it's not even on there. Guess what's on the list?     
    1 Rodman FBI informant
    2 Charlie Wilson dies
    3 Baggy pants illegal
    4 Rihanna cancels show
    5 Space Mountain closed
    6 $25 billion offer
    7 John Galardi dies
    8 R. Kelly Coachella
    9 $1B Apple scheme
    10 Shooting suspect holed up...

People are dumb sacks of shit.

Creeper975

If it makes you feel better most of the stuff of the front page of Reddit is related to it and will stay like that for a few more hours.

Flames377

Its so unbelievable how countries can't stop feuding and have to do things like this. Were not going into their country and blowing up things killing innocent lives. Its so sickening how people can do this.

Colinwarrior

Quote from: Flames377 on April 16, 2013, 02:05:39 AM
Its so unbelievable how countries can't stop feuding and have to do things like this. Were not going into their country and blowing up things killing innocent lives. Its so sickening how people can do this.

Oh, so you know who did it?

Currently busy with:

Keith

Quote from: Colinwarrior on April 16, 2013, 02:08:41 AM
Quote from: Flames377 on April 16, 2013, 02:05:39 AM

Oh, so you know who did it?

Yeah we can't jump to conclusions. I feel like it was done by some kind of attention seeking amateur. It's not a "coming in to our country" thing either, this is an international event. I mean even look at the footage. The explosions happened right next to all the country flags. It's more a matter of this affects Americans most because it was in our country, but it really should affect everyone. It effects me particularly because I've lived in Massachusetts like my whole life and I didn't really see this kind of thing happening at a marathon, ever. The combination of friends and family possibly being at risk and a hit to the sport I do is a killer combo. It sucks. Also glad you're alright Wayshow, hope no one you go to school with was directly affected, tufts is right there!

Rick

Thoughts go out to the victims and their families.

The culprits, according the Obama will feel the "full weight of justice"

Justice in some of these medieval countries still follow the 'eye for an eye' principle. Not something I agree with, but regardless of race, religion, political differences etc I cannot comprehend a reason why people feel it is acceptable to inflict so much pain, both physically and emotionally.

Josheh

Guantanamo has been getting bad press lately, guess not anymore!

Ill just leave these here for you

Iraq deadly bombings hit Nasariyah, Kirkuk and Baghdad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22149863
same story difference source: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/iraq-bombings-kill-46-ahead-of-vote/story-fndir2ev-1226621188756

It sucks that Boston was bombed. Other people get bombed too, on their home soil. I hope Americas reaction isn't one of violence, that sets a terrible standard.

EDIT: here's something interesting if you're concerned about people getting bombed on their own soil by cowards.
http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/

Member since 8-8-8

zi11ar

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535916_414522568646372_1231222866_n.jpg

duno how to post images but yeah, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and those affected and it is a tragedy. im just wondering what obama will do next, bomb control? or ban public assemblies.. i wouldnt be suprised if they had something to do with it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/66809_414545138644115_1537759939_n.jpg

Randy

Quote from: zi11ar on April 16, 2013, 04:19:19 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535916_414522568646372_1231222866_n.jpg

duno how to post images but yeah, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and those affected and it is a tragedy. im just wondering what obama will do next, bomb control? or ban public assemblies.. i wouldnt be suprised if they had something to do with it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/66809_414545138644115_1537759939_n.jpg
Lol, what? There is no logic in the picture at all.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Josheh

Quote from: Randy on April 16, 2013, 04:56:27 AM

There isn't much logic in a lot of things surrounding this.

Member since 8-8-8

Randy

Quote from: Josheh on April 16, 2013, 05:06:11 AM
Quote from: Randy on April 16, 2013, 04:56:27 AM

There isn't much logic in a lot of things surrounding this.
Well yeah, there's basically no proof of anything yet.
Kind of silly to jump the gun blame the government in less than a day don't ya think?

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Colinwarrior

And the people wearing tinfoil-hats are already hard at work...

Currently busy with:

Ts Stormrage

Quote from: Randy on April 16, 2013, 12:19:37 AM
Quote from: Creeper975 on April 16, 2013, 12:16:56 AM
And that it was a terror attack... only a small detail.
Accidents happen and people die.
When someone intentionally explodes some bombs then yeah it deserves media attention.

And yet when the umpteenth bomb explodes on a market in Bagdad, killing dozens and injuring hundreds, it isn't even front page news anymore...

Honestly, I am just as unphased by this as I am by the Bagdad explosions, or by the mass shootings, or by the millions that die on the road every day, etc etc...

What will happen? Let's compare shall we? Explosions in Madrid? Keep calm and carry on... Same with Oslo... Explosions in London? Well what would the americuns do?

And when an explosion happens in the land of the "free" and the home of the brave? Panic buttons are pushed, freedoms are eliminated, and you get anally probed everytime you want to go anywhere...
Ah yes, the illusion of safety... Those explosions kinda point towards all those security measures not working, do they...

I dunno who said that when you have to give up your freedom for security, you are worthy of neither... But if it does turn out to be a bunch of terrorists, and as a consequence of that, americans lose even more freedoms... Trust me, they've won... Cuz the one button you can always push on the states is the panic button...

And I like none of it...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.