• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

This Email

Started by Wind_Arcus, August 22, 2012, 04:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind_Arcus

Ok Guys, I received 2 emails on the 20th of August. One was in my inbox and told me I changed my password (Which I Did). The second email below was in my Junk mail box, and I want to clarify if you have ever received this message before. I have not clicked the link that I have hidden from you guys, but this email doesn't click right with me.

Just curious,

Wind_Arcus

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX 's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
https:/secure.runescape.com/Rest of the link crap
Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
RuneScape , JAGEX 2012

:fp:

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Randy

Yes. It's fake. They're all fake.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Pacman Syu

I get those sometimes, all fakes.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Mojo

yep, looks like a fake, I get them all the time in my spam. Here's an example:

Dear Customer,

We have strong evidence that you may have attempted a transfer of RuneScape accounts or traded virtual items outside of the game environment.

Real-world trading destroys the economy of RuneScape, violates your agreement with us, and any player that continues to engage in the illegal activity has no place in our community.

All of your accounts, main and otherwise, are now on our watch list and will be monitored for real-world trading. Regardless of who you are or how long you've been with us, if you decide to real-world trade ever again we will have no hesitation in: (1) permanently removing your account from our wonderful community in order to protect Jagex's rights, and (2) naming you as a defendant in Jagex Limited v. John Does, which is a lawsuit based on antitrust law violations that is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Civ. Action No. SANC-V12-00972-CGC).

If you decide to ignore this email and instead continue Real-World Trading, we (Jagex Ltd) reserve our rights to pursue statutory damages against you for between $200 to $2,500 per act of past, present, and/or future real-world trading in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 1304(c)(2).

In addition, new infractions have been added to your RuneScape account. If left unchallenged your account will be temporarily or permanently suspended.

Please complete the following security form to monitor your account's status or to appeal the infractions you have recieved:
http://i'mabouttophishyou.com
Please note: Due to recent technical problems, some accounts were unfairly punished. Most of the void infractions have been removed. You should visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors.

Sincerely,
Mod Mark.

© 2012 All rights reserved by Jagex Ltd. and RuneScape.
Privacy Policy, Terms And Conditions: http://blablabla
St. John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB5 1WS, England.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Zemus

Raging Mage2

lol did you change pass through the link in your inbox haha?

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Vio

I did a test on it.
I set up a new email account to register a new RS account.
It was completely unrelated to RS, and on a fairly obscure server.
I did not use it for anything else, and did not mention it anywhere or to anyone.
Within a week I was receiving these fake rs emails.

PineappleTom

This email, that email. They're all nonsense emails.