• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

News:

HELLO DOES THIS ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING

Main Menu

Playstation Vita

Started by Flame Outlaw, February 18, 2012, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flame Outlaw

I'm a huge fan of portable gaming, some of my fondest gaming memories are on Pokemon, and Super Mario Land 2 for the Game Boy. So, when I heard last year that Sony was coming out with a new portable, I knew I was going to buy it. I've had 5 PSP's, each one either stolen/taken/lost. One was very convincingly taken by a stripper in Charlotte, but that is a story for another time.

Being that I pre-ordered the system on Amazon in January, I've been keeping up to date on what's going on with the system itself. The system itself seems pretty solid, from the many comments and opinions I've read. But, there are a lot of things about the system I don't like.

The rumor about the content manager is true, your computer HAS to be connected to the internet for you to be able to transfer files from your PC/MAC to your Vita. There IS information sent back to Sony about what the file are that you send to your Vita. If they're is an update to your Vita, you HAVE to update it immediately, you will not be able to transfer files to your Vita unless you do.

This in itself pissed me off, if I want to put some music on my Vita, or swap games (you can back up games to your computer with the Vita) while I'm out here, I have to find an internet hotspot. That in itself is a major pain in the ass. Say I loose internet out here, like we have a black out, I'm fucked? My Vita has now become an expensive paperweight.

Since those two paragraphs are cons, I'll write something about the Vita I do like. I love the fact that I'm now able to swap games off of my Memory Card on my PSV to my Computer to save space, and just so I don't have to carry a bunch of cartridges around. I think this is a step forward on making portable gaming more portable.

I hate that Sony has once again released a GREAT system, but restricted so much. I wish I didn't have to hack my system to be able to use emulators, and play homebrews. Wagic is a great homebrew btw... I wish Sony would allow a system where they could review a game, or an app, and put on there network. Kind of the way Apple does with Apps. Sony has a very narrow vision when it comes to there systems, and it does not include the US in it at all. Were just dollar signs to them, and they ignore us.

The games are, for the most part, very well priced. I have purchased five launch games for the Vita, F1 (Probably a mistake), Dungeon Hunter Alliance (Definately a mistake, didn't know it was a 99 cent port off of the iphone with barely a new feature), BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (I have high hopes for this), Army Corps of Hell (Looks very promising), and Little Deviants (which I read makes great use of the Vita features in a fun, but childish, way).

I hope to hear WG's opinion about this system, I will keep tabs on this article and post on it if anything interesting for the PSV comes up...

Btw, they already have HBL working for the PSV.. SCORE!!

Join date : June 2006 Left : March 2007 Rejoined : October 2009

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Joey

-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Flame Outlaw

Wow.. I'm pretty shocked that no one even has an opinion on the PSV. I guess the world is moving on from dedicated gaming devices..

Kung_Man149

Quote from: Flame Outlaw on February 19, 2012, 02:09:42 PM
Wow.. I'm pretty shocked that no one even has an opinion on the PSV. I guess the world is moving on from dedicated gaming devices..
I have no problem with the VITA with what I've heard about it.
Seems like a fun and entertaining console, however, it just doesn't seem right for me since I don't play portable games very much and am content with my current Playstation Portable.

I may however buy the console if Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexals Tag Force 6 comes out. lol
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

Flame Outlaw

Well, for me, where I'm constantly pulling shifts in a trailer, or waiting in my car for a formation. The PSV, hopefully, will fulfill my entertainment needs.

Alliteration

Quote from: Flame Outlaw on February 19, 2012, 05:18:54 PM
Well, for me, where I'm constantly pulling shifts in a trailer, or waiting in my car for a formation. The PSV, hopefully, will fulfill my entertainment needs.
You mean you lose to me in Mario Kart. And Starcraft 2.

Oh man, remember when I beat you with zerg after just installing the game and didn't know Queens were! Hilarious!
They see me trollin'
They hatin'
I'm trolling
mods tryin' to catch me postin' dirty
Tryin to catch me postin' dirty
My lazors so loud
I'm spammin'
They hopin' that they gon' catch me postin' dirty

Asaad

I have both, 3ds and PSV, and if Ps vita is better because of the graphics, think again.

3Ds surpasses Vita in apps, gaming, the hold, etc.

Vitas touch screen is laggy, and it freezes to much, where as compared to graphics, I'd say Resident evil Revelations on the 3DS isn't much different in graphics compared to the vita.

Vita is good, but I wouldn't prefer it, I think 3DS is the best handheld gaming on the market.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Jayson

-1 me because you know I'm right

7th Highest Overall for Wars Attended.

Mark

I heard it has some crazy doublesided touchscreen shit that you touch underneath at the same time?!

I set the standard.

Flame Outlaw

Quote from: Asaad on March 15, 2012, 03:49:03 AM
I have both, 3ds and PSV, and if Ps vita is better because of the graphics, think again.

3Ds surpasses Vita in apps, gaming, the hold, etc.

Vitas touch screen is laggy, and it freezes to much, where as compared to graphics, I'd say Resident evil Revelations on the 3DS isn't much different in graphics compared to the vita.

Vita is good, but I wouldn't prefer it, I think 3DS is the best handheld gaming on the market.

I have a 3DS and a PSV as well, by far the colors, and the graphics on the Vita surpass the 3DS. I don't know what games you were playing, but I have Blazblue, F1, Army Corps of Hell, Dungeon Hunter and Little Deviants (Waiting on Mortal Kombat, and Disgaea 3) and the colors are beautiful. On the 3DS I have about five, or six games. They really don't compare to each other when it comes down to graphics.

Acorse the 3DS is beating the Vita when it comes down to games.. It's backwards compatable, and it's been out since Jun 2011. They've almost had a full year to develop it.
I don't know what you mean by the touch screen being laggy, I haven't experienced it, and I've almost beat all the Little Deviant stages to silver.

If Sony hadn't have released the Vita with half it's features, I would have liked it a lot more. We have no facebook app, no Skype support. There is no playlist support for the music. It's rather irritating. They recently came out with a Sony Music or something like that, that you can make playlists on, but I haven't fucked around with it.

Holding it takes some getting used to because it's so thin. I wish there was some type of indent between the holds, and the back touch screen. While playing Deviants, I would accidently tap the screen or not know where exactly my fingers were tapping. That made some of the games a lot more difficult.

Quote from: Mark on March 15, 2012, 05:40:27 AM
I heard it has some crazy doublesided touchscreen shit that you touch underneath at the same time?!

Yeah man, it does. There is this minigame, where you litterally have to pinch the vita, and use the back, and front screen. It's pretty nifty shit.

Matt|Georgio

If your computer has to be connected to the internet, I can guarantee that someone will make a program to intercept the communication between your device and Sony.

Sony does great things but in my opinion, they go a little too far in trying to stop the inevitable which is the community "hacking" their devices.

They should just embrace the fact that people want this feature and charge extra for an "open" system.