• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Newest Tattoo :)

Started by `Lumby, December 03, 2012, 09:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Lumby

granitecrab

i rike it, did it sting more than it was b4 as he made to to your wrists?

i'm going on a adventure!

`Lumby

Quote from: granitecrab on December 03, 2012, 09:35:56 PM
Nah it didn't was just uncomfortable :P

Randy

Seems a bit too prominent being on the one spot you can't hide from people (forever) but the art's nice.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

granitecrab

Quote from: `Lumby on December 03, 2012, 09:36:38 PM
Quote from: granitecrab on December 03, 2012, 09:35:56 PM
Nah it didn't was just uncomfortable :P
ya ik i have one my self but ik if you have a tattoo on a boney part of your body or where there are a lot of nerves it can hurt/be very uncomfortable.

i'm going on a adventure!

`Lumby

Quote from: Randy on December 03, 2012, 09:38:03 PM
Seems a bit too prominent being on the one spot you can't hide from people (forever) but the art's nice.
Yeah I mean its okay where I work as its covered up, but being art I like to be able to keep it out :)

PineappleTom

Does that say mouldy?

Can you explain the significance of the design/word-play/time etc? Is there a backing to it?

Mojo

Don't understand the name but it looks quite cool :)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Asaad

C Mouldy?

Nice rap name imo. :D
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Well, I just hope you don't regret it in 20 years.
Or 40 (you know... that age that is currently triple your current age).
How much have you changed in 20 years?
Considering that, how much do you think you'll change in another 20 or 40?

`Lumby

Quote from: His Lordship on December 04, 2012, 03:17:01 PM
Well, I just hope you don't regret it in 20 years.
Or 40 (you know... that age that is currently triple your current age).
How much have you changed in 20 years?
Considering that, how much do you think you'll change in another 20 or 40?
I don't find that Tattoo's can be a regret at any age if it has a significant story/meaning behind it.
The reason for "Mouldy" is because it was a childhood nickname I was given, most of my friends who gave me the name have disappeared off to Uni or other places.. I wanted to remember my childhood, friends and if I was unfortunate enough to become mentally ill when im old, I might have a brief moment of memory thanks to that.
The watch on the other hand is related to the band "You me at Six" because their music, lyrics and everything else has been a strong part of my childhood.. My arm will be nothing but memories in a more artistic way that just thoughts.

To summarise, I will never regret any of my Tattoo's.

PineappleTom

His Lordship

Quote from: `Lumby on December 04, 2012, 05:02:43 PM
I don't find that Tattoo's can be a regret at any age if it has a significant story/meaning behind it.
The reason for "Mouldy" is because it was a childhood nickname I was given, most of my friends who gave me the name have disappeared off to Uni or other places.. I wanted to remember my childhood, friends and if I was unfortunate enough to become mentally ill when im old, I might have a brief moment of memory thanks to that.
The watch on the other hand is related to the band "You me at Six" because their music, lyrics and everything else has been a strong part of my childhood.. My arm will be nothing but memories in a more artistic way that just thoughts.

To summarise, I will never regret any of my Tattoo's.

Of course you say that NOW, while you don't regret them.
Most people who regret things USUALLY think they'll never regret them.

1. Men don't finish puberty until they are 23 on average - your skin is going to stretch some more, and in years after that it will lose its elasticity. That tatto WILL warp, as they all do.
2. You're reducing your employability, and your attractiveness to people who don't like them. Lots and lots of people (myself included clearly) hate tattoos, and this is going to be an issue for you for the rest of your life.
3. Anything could happen in your life to make you hate that tattoo. You may suddenly hate the name Mouldy for example, or something bad could happen to you at 6pm, and that watch will be a constant reminder.
4. You'll simply get sick of it after a while. Sorry, but time will kill your love for it, just like you can't keep enjoying the same piece of music without getting sick of it eventually. You say that it's too awesome to ever hate? Well consider this: For the first 3 weeks of going to Europe's most elite music school, it as magical for me as I walked through the doors and appreciated my situation. Now I'm rushing through them trying to hand in assignments, taking the position for granted. And even when I try to conjure that feeling of awe, it's a lesser sensation every time. I realise how prestigious it is, but emotionally I can't keep feeling that no matter how I try.
5. Tattoos represent a certain demographic. Your personality will change, but you'll be judged a certain way for the rest of your life. Sorry to say this, but it's true: Usually tattoos get stamped onto youthful, less educated people who have a certain level of superficiality, don't plan their futures,and who revel in instant gratification. I'm not saying you're that guy, but you've just joined that club.

I have no compliment to give you on that tattoo other than the fact that it was done well.
I am 100% anti-tattoo, and I hope for your sake you DON'T regret it. I suspect you will.
Most people do.

Toby

I got my tattoo 2 years ago and i don't even regret it at all. I decided to get a tattoo of my favoritt football team's logo, The Chelsea lion. Just because Chelsea has been such a huge part of my life. Been watching and attending games since i was 7 years old. That's why i got it. I'll never regret it.

Gene, you have no idea what you're talking about. People get inked to remember/love/honor/miss etc. People usually never regrets it because it means so much for them. People who get tattoo's just to look cool will regret it when they get older. My mom inked my, my brothers and my sisters name on her arm and she doesn't regret it at all.

And the bullshit you said about a certain demographic, wow, just, wow. You're really old fashion i see. Judging people because they got tattoo's as "less educated" blablabla..I just lol'd tbh..

Too bad you hate tattoo's. Its art. Its beautiful.

EDIT: Nice tattoo Lumby, not my style though :)
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Wayshow

Lol every tattoo topic becomes an argument...
Eh, not a fan of tats, but enjoy em I guess

His Lordship

Toby, I don't know where to begin, so I won't.

Raging Mage2

why wreck your skin for.

@anyone with tats.

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Armybuilder

Quote from: Randy on December 03, 2012, 09:38:03 PM

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Bam

I am a huge tattoo fan myself. I find it so awesome that i actually started learning doing it myself. A friend of mine has been doing it for a very long time by now, so he tries to get me into the business. It's extremely challenging and exhausting thing to do. I haven't inked any real people yet, only the artificial skin. My mom is a painter, my father used to be a carpenter, me and my brothers used to take painting lessons and stuff like that....so it's pretty much in my blood. STILL non of my family have any tattoos...the funny thing is nor do i. And the fact that i am a soon-to-be doctor doesn't change a thing, if i could i would ink both of my sleeves....but it isn't compatable with some1 being a surgeon...yet.

The way i think is probably, by seeing very good tattooers at work i would only let the best tattooer i know to ink me, no matter what it costs, but then i would be asured that it will look just how i imagined.

about your tattoo, well every1 in here can imediatly tell that it was done by a rookie, so yeh, you probably will regret it in a while. But no worries, that kind of tattoo is pretty easy.

Owen

Wrist was a bad move. 

The art is good.

When/if I get inked again I'll probs get it upper arm or so.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

PineappleTom

Quote from: Owen on December 07, 2012, 03:55:28 PM
Wrist was a bad move. 

The art is good.

When/if I get inked again I'll probs get it upper arm or so.

I'm going nipples. Left, then right and then middle.

Abs L

Quote from: Keith on December 07, 2012, 05:41:17 PM
jesus, way to try to make him self conscious

omg Keith why do I always end up liking your posts, you speak the truth!

----

I don't know anything about tattoos, I dislike them unless they're cute & small on a girl.
But that tattoo is nice & it will suit you very well Sam, to me, it very much screams out you & your personality, so wear it with pride.
About regretting it in the future, why does that matter, you love it, it reminds you about your childhood; that's what matters right now.

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

His Lordship

Living in the present is important, but having a sens of the long term is also important.
I'm not wishing for him to regret it. I really hope he doesn't.
I'm more worried than anything.

His Lordship

Well... THIS topic backfired pretty splendidly.