• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

The Emu War

Started by This Babylon, December 20, 2013, 06:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This Babylon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

Tl;Dr  The Australians fought emus and lost

#america

This Babylon

QuoteThe machine-gunners' dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated. The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month
Im lost my shit lol.

His Lordship

Yeah I remember reading about this lol.
So bloody embarrassing.
Happened in my state.

Mojo

I originally thought Emu was some tribe when I read the topic.

But no, they got defeated by a flightless bird...
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Raging Mage2

Wouldn't that mean we're smarter than Murica because we didn't just continue to throw money at it?

But its true our country is tough

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Keith

Quote from: Raging Mage2 on January 04, 2014, 10:44:26 PM
Wouldn't that mean we're smarter than Murica because we didn't just continue to throw money at it?

murka would've made it go extinct, not sure if loss or win

This Babylon

Quote from: Keith on January 05, 2014, 02:41:42 AM
Quote from: Raging Mage2 on January 04, 2014, 10:44:26 PM

murka would've made it go extinct, not sure if loss or win

The American Solution

His Lordship

Murica doesn't have as many beasties that kill you on sight.
Bad enough we have sharks, spiders, snakes, scorpions, other insects, poisonous plants, jellyfish, and cane toads.
Emus are one of a few birds that can cause legit harm to humans...so it's no shame to Australia to have fought them.

Alright, it's SOME shame.

Owen

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

His Lordship

You had an amazing 18-month streak of not making puns, and now this shit crops up everywhere again.
Single life is not becoming of you.

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.