• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Old School Poll 15: Rejuvenating the Wilderness

Started by Mojo, January 22, 2014, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Thanks Mojo.
I just voted.
I urge people to vote yes in question 4. It's close to being accepted but not quite.
Same goes for the removal of the ditch.
And question 2 isn't a big deal but it would be nice to not be able to teleport out of the kbd.

I also supported the removal of 10 worlds.
Question 20 is at 74% now and it would be great to see that become reality.

Mojo

Yeh I'm not really sure why people would vote against removing 10 worlds, just look at it now lol: http://puu.sh/6tZ8n.png

I guess they want more resources to themselves.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

This is pretty great, I'm excited. Can't vote tho too low total level. :3

Seems like everything's pretty lopsided in favor of all except maybe a few. Vote up!
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

This Babylon

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on January 22, 2014, 01:20:15 PM
Yeh I'm not really sure why people would vote against removing 10 worlds, just look at it now lol: http://puu.sh/6tZ8n.png

I guess they want more resources to themselves.
hell they should remove 20

Raging Mage2

So they're already making this back into Badscape

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Patty

Quote from: Raging Mage2 on January 23, 2014, 06:35:13 AM

Can jagex do anything without being bashed? They realise the game is slowly dying out and less people pking so there trying to bring some of it back. Like literally every update Jagex do people blindly bash it, would you prefer they just left things the way they were and let it die out?

Raging Mage2

Quote from: Patty on January 23, 2014, 06:54:51 AM
Quote from: Raging Mage2 on January 23, 2014, 06:35:13 AM

Can jagex do anything without being bashed? They realise the game is slowly dying out and less people pking so there trying to bring some of it back. Like literally every update Jagex do people blindly bash it, would you prefer they just left things the way they were and let it die out?

That was the idea of 07scape.. wasn't it haha?

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Mojo

Old school players don't like RS3 because of a few major updates Joel (eoc, interface, summoning, ge etc.)

They don't mind if it evolves without these things and if you didn't know the players vote on every change and it needs 75% to pass. Also they make sure ppl below 280 total can't vote.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ronmanola

I made a suggestions thread with like a half-dozen reasons to remove worlds and Jagex actually polled the question. I'm very pleased to see that the OSRS mods take the time to read the suggestions forum and the community gets to vote on what updates they would like. I believe it's time for another total level voting requirement increase to keep the EOCers from voting in OSRS.

Mojo

Quote from: Ronmanola on January 23, 2014, 03:26:05 PM
I made a suggestions thread with like a half-dozen reasons to remove worlds and Jagex actually polled the question. I'm very pleased to see that the OSRS mods take the time to read the suggestions forum and the community gets to vote on what updates they would like. I believe it's time for another total level voting requirement increase to keep the EOCers from voting in OSRS.
are they really gonna bother getting 280 total lvl just to hijack a poll?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Al

Lordy, I know you said it on RSC, but does anyone actually not feel 100% confident about this? (Even though all questions are lopsided and seem like good updates.) I honestly think some people may end up believing RS3 is where it should have stayed...for a future in PvP. At least after the nostalgia-people left 07.

Look, we said 07 is a temporary solution. Then with this update it'll have people thinking, "YES! Jagex is finally listening to us, this is finally the solution. The wilderness and PvP is finally fixed! OSRS forever now."

You might be thinking, "well typical RS3 player's opinion about OSRS," but let me tell you:

07 is not Jagex's investment for the future, it's kind of the opposite. I'll say kind of, not wholly, since these wildy updates are actually new to both games. It's a rewind server like Classic. Or maybe a server for us to play on until we get back to RS3...which nobody is saying they'll ever go back to. Maybe they'll use OSRS to test if this works for the wilderness and port it to RS3. However, this division with RS3 being the non-PvP game and 07 being the PKing game can't last, and Jagex is going to have to dump one of them. My instincts tell me that'll be 07, cause I don't think they'll scrap all of the work they put into main game.

I say the division and 07 isn't going to or can't last also because this is Jagex's side project that they appointed a small group of people to. Maybe they don't need that much and the game has been doing well. But then why haven't they gotten a bunch people to play 07 like everyone thought it would? Yes, I made an assumption there, but don't tell me you didn't think adding GWD and reviving the wilderness would bring more people to the game.

Just another reason is unless it gets better graphics...a certain amount of people are going to prefer RS3 regardless, and there's not going to be a lot of people for this to work. And other general gameplay of course.

So if you've read until this point, let me ask -- why would any regular person (not one just to play for the old experience or nostalgia) want to play 07? Without player growth, this update might not help much. Even if it's still good, the "PvP world" is still mostly outrun by the Zybez community.

I'd like to hear some opposing opinions. This may sound negative to you, but keep in mind it's not that I want OSRS to die. If OSRS dies there's won't be a viable PvP system on either game, which basically makes or breaks RS for a ton of people. And oh, WG would have a bigger problem than ever before.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)