• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Anime

Started by KevinsLunchbox, January 10, 2012, 07:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind_Arcus

Quote from: Flame Outlaw on January 14, 2012, 03:26:55 AM
I just finished watching Rosario + Vampire... If you ignore the over abundance of fan service, (it gets horribly bad in the second season) it was strangely endearing in a way. I still hear the dialogue of "Moka-San, Tsukune, Moka-San, Tsukune" in my head. It had a really catchy intro for the second season. Kind of disco meets trance..

I recommend reading the second season of this in manga. They show Moka-San's other two older sisters, Tsukune actually uses his vampire powers, and they included a new enemy organization that is trying to eliminate the human race (Which gives Tsukune more of a reason to train and hone his skills as part Vampire). The series is still continuing so the manga isn't even finished yet, this was my first manga I've read (On the computer) and I thought it was a lot better then the 2nd season.

Link to the summary of the manga: http://myanimelist.net/manga/3403/Rosario+Vampire_Season_II

On a side note, I've watched aloot of anime over my time, literally just to pass the time (I sound old  O_o). I'll try to create a list of them all, but im expecting it to be over 50 titles...

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Brent147

I've not really watched much anime. Any suggestions, Kevin?
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

KevinsLunchbox

Quote from: Brent147 on January 14, 2012, 07:20:55 AM
I've not really watched much anime. Any suggestions, Kevin?

I can't exactly name good ones, just my favorites.

Ouran High School Host Club
Spice and Wolf
My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute

Brent147

Whats that last one you listed? o.O
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

KevinsLunchbox

Its nothing bad you sicko. Plus its my all time favorite lol.

Abs L

Quote from: KevinsLunchbox on January 15, 2012, 12:46:11 AM
Its nothing bad you sicko. Plus its my all time favorite lol.

Post them in their Japanese names lol =P.

~Abs

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

KevinsLunchbox

I'm not sure if you'd like it Brent but I suggest Toradora as well. I liked it but basically like the first part of the series with a couple good scenes through out the rest. Later the way the characters interact with each would literally make me squirm because it was so bad. Overall I enjoyed watching it though.

Cyan Elf

Just started watching "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" and its freakin hilarious! What other ones do you suggest?

KevinsLunchbox

Quote from: Cyan Elf on January 15, 2012, 08:23:27 PM
Just started watching "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" and its freakin hilarious! What other ones do you suggest?

Ouran High School Host Club is down right amazing.

Vephy

Most hentai is fairly entertaining.

KevinsLunchbox

Quote from: KevinsLunchbox on January 15, 2012, 11:23:13 PM

Also I wanted to ask how many episodes have you watched? What do you think so far? Regarding Vephy, I'm not a fan of hentai, its pretty silly tbh :p

Cyan Elf

Quote from: KevinsLunchbox on January 15, 2012, 11:59:41 PM

Also I wanted to ask how many episodes have you watched? What do you think so far? Regarding Vephy, I'm not a fan of hentai, its pretty silly tbh :p

Lol well just finished it and thought it was great! Have to say its part of my top anime list now. Hope they come out with a second season soon  ^.^ 

Also to Vephy, my thought are the same as kevin's on hentai  :P

KevinsLunchbox

Quote from: Cyan Elf on January 16, 2012, 03:23:11 AM
Quote from: KevinsLunchbox on January 15, 2012, 11:59:41 PM

Lol well just finished it and thought it was great! Have to say its part of my top anime list now. Hope they come out with a second season soon  ^.^ 

Also to Vephy, my thought are the same as kevin's on hentai  :P

You watched the whole thing? Did you make sure to watch both endings? It was good eh? :D I don't think a second season will happen but I sure hope so.

Cyan Elf

Forgot an anime  :P
Detective conan

Kiwi011

anime sucks, mangas awesome. Graduate kindergarten  and move onto the good stuff =)

Asaad

When I'm watching Naruto, there is no time to watch anything different. I've been syced for each weeks new ep since 2 months ago when the filler stopped and the epic began.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Eregion2

Quote from: Asaad on February 25, 2012, 02:54:10 AM
When I'm watching Naruto, there is no time to watch anything different. I've been syced for each weeks new ep since 2 months ago when the filler stopped and the epic began.
I honestly teared up a little when Naruto met his Mom.  :'(

There are things I don't like about the series, but after following it for years... guess I've gotten more than just a little bit attached to it.

Anyway, I've forgotten my AnimeList password, and I have no idea how to recover it, so I'll be doing this the old fashioned way.  :wtf:

Air Gear
Bakemonogatari
Bakuman
Basilisk
Berserk
Black Lagoon
Blame! (OVA)
Bleach
Canaan
Claymore
D.Gray-Man
Deadman Wonderland
DeathNote
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage (OVA)
Elfen Lied
Ergo Proxy
Eve no Jikan
Fairy Tail
Fate/Stay Night
First Squad (OVA)
FLCL
Full Metal Panic
Ga-Rei: Zero
Ghost in the Shell
Gosick
Guilty Crown (currently airing)
Gunslinger Girl
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing
Higashi no Eden: Eden of the East
Hikaro no Go
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku: Here and There, Then and Now
Kara no Kyōkai: The Garden of Sinners
Karas (OVA)
Mirai Nikki
Monster
Mushishi
Naruto
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nisemonogatari (currently airing, sequel to Bakemonogatari)
Pale Cocoon (OVA)
Rozen Maiden
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
Samurai Champloo
Serial Experiments Lain
Soul Eater
Tenjou Tenge
Texhnolyze
Trinity Blood
Wolf's Rain

That'll do for my top 50.

I'm a bit obsessed with Guilty Crown right now, it's fantastic how they spent most of the first half of the season meticulously setting up tons of classic anime tropes just to blow them up in your face; it's like no episode can end on a happy note, ever. They're also actually putting the main character through some incredibly harsh character development. Like, personality-altering. He started as Shinji, then became Luke Skywalker, then Darth Vader, then King Lear, and now... perhaps he just became one of the most awe-inspiring male lead heroes of any anime ever? He definitely had a keen look in his eye at the end of episode 18 after...[SPOILER]...he got over having his arm cut off and all his powers stolen by the man he once idolized as being the perfect leader.[/SPOILER]

Bit of a teaser, all the clips are from the first episode so it's not much of a spoiler.

[EVS] Lessons Learned ..
Also loving every second of Nisemonogatari, even went back and rewatched Bakemonogatari. Thrilled that Kizumonogatari is getting a movie.

Nisemonogatari - 'Courage'
... if you can survive all the loli...

Nisemonogatari Episode 4 - Araragi & Shinobu Bath Clip
I think this is technically a harem anime, although he's only going out with one of them.

Might add some manga later.  ;)

Eregion2

Forgot [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Completely weird, but strangely compelling anime.

Liked it a lot. The basics are that there's a sort of game under each country's economy. Players cash in their "future" and it's translated into game money, which can also be used in the real world. Your future also manifests as a creature you use to battle against others in the game. The entire system is monetarily based, you invest during a battle by authorizing your creature (pretty loose term, since most are humanoid-ish and completely sentient) to use attacks.

But there's a catch. Losses in the game hit you in reality, by changing reality.

Sure you'll have less money, since you lost. But you're not just gambling with your money, but your future, dated from when you started playing the game. You could leave a loss to find out you never had the job you had the day before, or you were never married even though you just celebrated your 10th anniversary. Or your children might simply... disappear from your life, completely unremembered by anyone else but you.

And if the game gets too unbalanced... the damage becomes more than personal. Entire countries could be wiped out like they never existed, or the contagion could spread to games underpinning foreign economies, whirlpooling them into the destruction. It's a fascinating, albeit heavy-handed, concept that'd aimed pretty squarely at how much our reality is so completely dependent on such an arbitrarity as money.

Neat characters and engaging battles with a curious plot and a fascinating, utilitarian villain. The ending is a massive cliffhanger, though.

It'll give you goosebumps after what's been happening in Europe.  -.^

PVM Lord H

well used to watch some pokemon or dbz

Eregion2

I had to share these AMVs since they're responsible for me marathoning the first season of K-ON this evening.

Bestamvsofalltime ▪ We Dream We Can AMV

Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Say HUH!? AMV
Pretty sure I thoroughly overdosed on moe...  ^.-

WG Genesis

Anime? I can't live without it :D
My all time favourites would be Gundam 00 and Seed. I recently watched Code Geass, watched 50 episodes (16+ hrs)(both seasons) in less than 48 hours XD
I also watch Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto though I've heard the latter 2 are gonna end in summer :c
High School DxD seems pretty funny too so I've been watching that too. Overall, I've watched so much anime I don't even remember the names =P

Alliteration

I really like the anime, I forget the name, where there is that one plucky good-looking hero who never gives up despite everyone's misgivings of him. He's surrounded by a bevy of beautiful women who inevitably fall in love with him when he does some selfless act of service (because it only takes one). Of course, he is completely oblivious to it all and continues doing his thing, which leads to many comical situations. There won't be any real plot in this anime, but the blatant fan service and appeal to the male demographic will drive it forward.

Or that one anime where there is a random schoolgirl that for some arbitrary reason has magical powers that transports her to a magical/alternate realm where she will meet a native guy that is not only really hot, but willing to risk everything to defend a girl he just met (thinking with the wrong head, mayhaps?). She will start out weak, but thanks to some random gimmick (can tell the future, make awesome sandwiches, awakens hiddens powers etc), she will come into her own and discover a bit about herself. Would-be viewers will draw inevitable parallels and will be invigorated to improve themselves as well; this will last as long as it takes for them to leave the gym they just joined on whim.

Or wait...what about the one with giant robots where the plucky headstrong hero yells his attacks a lot? I love that one!

Or wait...what about that one where the plucky headstrong hero yells his attacks a lot? That one is pretty cool too. I really like how all his allies stand around waiting for a 1v1 each encounter...fate of the world be damned. Also it takes like ten episodes until he decides to fight all out/be inspired by tragic loss/flashbacks to occur...

Yum.
They see me trollin'
They hatin'
I'm trolling
mods tryin' to catch me postin' dirty
Tryin to catch me postin' dirty
My lazors so loud
I'm spammin'
They hopin' that they gon' catch me postin' dirty

Eregion2

Quote from: Alliteration on February 28, 2012, 08:51:57 PM
I really like the anime, I forget the name, where there is that one plucky good-looking hero who never gives up despite everyone's misgivings of him. He's surrounded by a bevy of beautiful women who inevitably fall in love with him when he does some selfless act of service (because it only takes one). Of course, he is completely oblivious to it all and continues doing his thing, which leads to many comical situations. There won't be any real plot in this anime, but the blatant fan service and appeal to the male demographic will drive it forward.

Or that one anime where there is a random schoolgirl that for some arbitrary reason has magical powers that transports her to a magical/alternate realm where she will meet a native guy that is not only really hot, but willing to risk everything to defend a girl he just met (thinking with the wrong head, mayhaps?). She will start out weak, but thanks to some random gimmick (can tell the future, make awesome sandwiches, awakens hiddens powers etc), she will come into her own and discover a bit about herself. Would-be viewers will draw inevitable parallels and will be invigorated to improve themselves as well; this will last as long as it takes for them to leave the gym they just joined on whim.

Or wait...what about the one with giant robots where the plucky headstrong hero yells his attacks a lot? I love that one!

Or wait...what about that one where the plucky headstrong hero yells his attacks a lot? That one is pretty cool too. I really like how all his allies stand around waiting for a 1v1 each encounter...fate of the world be damned. Also it takes like ten episodes until he decides to fight all out/be inspired by tragic loss/flashbacks to occur...

Yum.
Icwatudidthar!

Alliteration

Quote from: Eregion2 on February 28, 2012, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: Alliteration on February 28, 2012, 08:51:57 PM

Yum.
Icwatudidthar!
Be right back. Going to do a training montage with an random old person so that I can go back and impressively beat the person that outclassed me before.
They see me trollin'
They hatin'
I'm trolling
mods tryin' to catch me postin' dirty
My lazors so loud
I'm spammin'
They hopin' that they gon' catch me postin' dirty

Eregion2

I had a single thought while watching Guilty Crown: Rebirth (Atonement):

FUCKING YES!

Slightly predictable and somewhat contrived, but still an epic step leading towards the finale.