• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Legacy mode (old combat in RS3)

Started by Patty, January 31, 2014, 11:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Everyone who has issues with EOC watch this

RuneScape Poll - Combat Legacy Mode

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/poll---legacy-combat

You can login into RS3 and vote for this! This is promising

Tayzon_Day

They really have to change the combat lvl calc.
A guy with 99 def and str and 1 in everything else is same combat lvl as someone with 99 in everything.
It used to be cool to be 130+. now, everyone is lvl 200..

This Babylon

Quote from: Tayzon_Day on January 31, 2014, 12:20:46 PM
They really have to change the combat lvl calc.
A guy with 99 def and str and 1 in everything else is same combat lvl as someone with 99 in everything.
It used to be cool to be 130+. now, everyone is lvl 200..
but being a prod is more fun now as you have limited defence you can gank noobs lol

Quikdrawjoe

Depending on how this works might actually bring PVP back into RS3.
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

This Babylon

Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on January 31, 2014, 01:50:49 PM
Depending on how this works might actually bring PVP back into RS3.
hopefully they get this working correctly. it seems like a great idea, but the concern still is what happens with 07, as well as the future for combat in rs3. Hopefully this combined with wildy updates will spice the game up enough for it  to be great again.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Leffe

Well when this comes in the game I expect 07 numbers to go even lower. It might end up like a dead game.

I don't think they will keep 07 if this is successfull though.

Proud core member of what used to be the best and most famous dutch clan - Michie Super

Randy

Two of the most upvoted comments on reddit:

"I don't know what runescape is anymore, it just feels like a giant beta for a full game that has yet to come out. New content is always nice, but giant game changes like this are not fluid enough to know what the hell you are doing. You get comfortable, then they change it, then change it again. What the hell is this game anymore? Jagex seem to be caring more now because they never believed that the decline in players would really matter and now they decide to give us the chance to vote, once eoc has been around already for months. Absolutely stupid.
I actually like a lot that came with EoC, it isn't perfect but its actually ok. What is the point in trying to implement new combat abilities to make combat less click intensive and then bring out a poll to make the whole thing optional?
Jagex are in all honesty making this game far too confusing for the average player. We are constantly having to research in each new massive update on how to play effeciantly, if we wanted to really do that we would play another mmo in which you'd expect that to be necessary. Runescape was meant to be a watered down mmo, which was just easy enough to just play with minimal effort but ok gameplay. If jagex want to make runescape a real contender they need to do more than just EoC, they will need a much MUCH larger map for runescape, much better graphics and consistent game play. If that isn't possible then just stick to what we know, and keep it simple and fun.
You're taking yourself far too seriously now Runescape and its going to end you if you carry on."

"This crap is getting beyond a joke now. You either want to keep EoC combat or you remove the EoC combat. You simply can't have two completely different combat style systems in one game.
By pulling this poll it reeks of two things. Desperation and No-Confidence in the ability to maintain the EoC combat system.
Fair enough that the EoC isn't polished in we expected. But, by allowing two different combat styles shouldn't be allowed. How this even going to work on bossing that require some of the abilities used in the EoC?
I can see the advantages on bring back the old style combat for slayer, mini-games and the wilderness and general killing monsters.. but this idea.. is the worst.."

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Ronmanola

Mack

I don't believe it will work. There has to be so much changes within the current game to balance the two combat systems lol. Worst part about this is 07 will die because of it and my grinding for months amounts to once again nothing. If this kills 07 im not going back to the original game im sick of Jagexs shit honestly.

Sean

Logged in and voted.

If Jagex can pull this off, I think it will be a great boost to RS3 PvP and the clan world in general. But do I have confidence that Jagex can pull this off? Hmm, I'm not too sure. :\

Additionally, it's not as if the clan world was in a great state immediately pre-EoC anyway. :S

~ Former Elite of The Sabre Clan :: RuneFest 2010 & 2011 Attendee ~
~ Original Descendant Guardian :: Ex-Wilderness Guardian (2005-2006) ~

Novacore

I reckon this is just gonna be another Rs"07" which I think is declining at the moment. It's not gonna bring back old players.

Mojo

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1599472-legacy-mode-clanworld/
That is a poll on RSC showing a 50/50 split in the RSC community when asked if they'd consider going back to RS3 if this update was decent.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Patty

50/50 is pretty good considering if you asked that pre-announcement of this it'd be 100% no.

Mack

Thanks for that post Mojo. I see that I am not the only person who has strong disagreements with these future plans. Makes me feel better and safe that no matter what my work in 07 won't amount to nothing like it did on EoC  :afro:

Josheh

A simplified version of combat for PvP and a complex version for PvM, I think this is fine.

Member since 8-8-8

His Lordship

I'm getting into a most interesting conversation on RSC.
What's RSC? That place I asked you to visit and post in, but you don't.

Starzhine

I will vote and discuss when I can find the dang poll. All I get to right now is the information about the poll. Help! How do I get to the poll?

[spoiler=Happies]

http://[/spoiler]

Starzhine

Found it

For others who are RS3 challenged. You can get to the poll in game by opening the Community Window. You will see the polls with this one at the top.

Here is the quick find code for the discussion thread. 352-353-9-65274980

[spoiler=Happies]

http://[/spoiler]

X Warrior170

[center

Al

I think I quit ("quit" as in stopped advancing in the main gameplay) at just the right time. Don't mean to be negative. This sounds like so much fuckery that I can't even feel like reading it. No offense to anyone, I know Patty first and foremost opened his eyes to this, but it's a headache. Where is Jagex going? Obviously, the playerbase (or what it used to be) is sick and done with it.

@Mack I know you wanted my opinion, you'll get it. I'm actually now a bit worried for RS3's future, maybe even more importantly my own future with RS -- not to over-exaggerate. It's been over a year since I feel like I've played the game in the proper way that I used to, PvP. I think it's about time I can't wait any longer. I don't even know what I mean by that, maybe I'll stop waiting all in all. But what would/will RS mean to me anymore?

Hope you and everyone else can sit on that thought. Seriously. And just because I was in SG has nothing to do with anything. At all. I'm not the one that wanted SG to happen. However, for many of us here, SG was our only option...often times I think about it as a forced one. Kind of how 07 is for a lot of you too?

Getting off topic here, but personally, I can't PvP in RS3 anyway I go here. For those that don't know, I never wanted WG's port to 07 to happen, but I supported it nonetheless. To further detract from goals I wanted for the clan, leadership now wants to seize the SG brand; for whatever effort, I still don't even know. This time I can't put my support in. It's all pretty disheartening.

That said, as a clan and me being part of it, we can still get things together. I know a lot of old vets here know the reason why our class isn't as successful as others is because of conditions of the game. Regardless of the updates, we need to actually work on WG.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

The_Poet

Good fight my 1000 hours spent in old school! :\

Josheh

Quote from: The_Poet on February 01, 2014, 08:58:01 AM
Good fight my 1000 hours spent in old school! :\

If you had fun then there is no problem with spending those 1000 hours.

Member since 8-8-8

Lighten

Asaad

Fuck yeah, now I don't have to bother training past 45 def on osrs B)

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]