• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=green][Accepted][/color] Graywolfdude App

Started by graywolfdude, April 17, 2013, 11:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graywolfdude

About You and Your Account
I'm applying to the Wilderness Guardians clan (Oldschool)

1. What is your current RuneScape username, and what are your past usernames, if any?
Graywolfdude has always been my main, I've also played under the name gr4ywolf and variants of.

2. Tell us about your RuneScape account and history (e.g. when you started, what your RSN means, favourite activities, etc.):
Wow well I could go on and on about my early RS days, but I'll try to be brief. I started playing around 2002 and really just muddled around, being only 12 at the time that's really all I was capable of anyways. By the release of rs2 beta I had matured a bit, and that reflected in my game play as I began tailoring my stats to better suit my growing love of pking/warring. As rs2 progressed I joined a clan (FEAR), and quickly rose in rank and skill. When I first began with FEAR I had only pked solo and hadn't done well at all (having fun none-the-less), but before long I was leading my own pk trips. As the years came and went, so did many of the FEAR members (myself included) as life began to muddle in our online affairs. I made a comeback once or twice, finally quitting Runescape for good around 2005 when I heard word that the entirety of my Runescape existance was for naught as they were taking pking out of the game. Flash forwards to January of this year; I see an ad for Oldschool, and nearly wet myself in nostalgia. Today I am very close to the stats I wish to have before I make my debut in the wilderness, and am looking for a group of decent folks to walk alongside as I do so.

Also I took my rsn from the FPS clan I was playing with at the time I began my Runescape venture, the Grey Wolves - a rowdy bunch of 40-some's that initially played RTCW for fun (eventually branching out into games such as WoW and SWG) and I'd almost say they had a hand in raising me. My father was the main administrator of their gaming server, and I learned a great deal under his wing.

3. Tell us about yourself (Name (if you are comfortable), gender, age, country, hobbies, music, talents, likes and dislikes):
My name is Jordan. I'm a 23 year old male living in the good ol' US of A. I enjoy a great many things and consider myself a jack of all trades, but my true love is nature (hiking, gardening etc). I do listen to quite a bit of music, but my taste varies so widely that it's difficult to say.

4. How did you hear about us, and what makes you want to join WG? Which parts of WG are you applying for? (EoC, Old School or both)
I just happened upon your thread in the clan recruitment subforum on the Runescape website during my search for clans. I was particularly drawn in due to the fact that you have been around for so long, that you may have retained the honor and respect I found so prevalent in the earlier days, and that many of your members may very well be able to relate to my memories of the 'good old days' of Runescape that may/may not have come and gone. Another factor was the general attitude I've encountered so far. I did attempt to apply to several other clans, but they were less than welcoming and their expectations were far from reasonable. Once I found your thread I spoke with Rachellove9 who was kind, helpful and quite thorough - a refreshing thing to see in a leader, and to see such a thing makes me think that such good times are still with us! To lead a group of people is a great responsibility, and such a group is only as good as those who lead them. Although I can't say with certainty, I imagine from what I've seen so far that I can (and WILL) follow such leaders with great pride and respect.

Your PvP Experience

5. What multi-combat PvP experience do you have? Be sure to mention any recent or past F2P or P2P PvP clans you have been in.
Although FEAR wasn't terribly well known even in it's prime, I certainly got my fill of pvp action while I was with them. If any FEAR members read this, and I had the honor of fighting beside you, I will say without a doubt I did so with pride. I had the opportunity to fight in several wars, and absolutely got my fill in pking. In its prime, FEAR would dominate the wilderness of whichever world it chose - and on the few occasions we were so lucky to run into other clans we fought valiantly (to the death if needed, I believe we did so both against TD and against DI in impromptu wars).

6. Our warring times are usually between 4PM EST/9PM GMT and 6PM EST/11PM GMT on weekends, and sometimes weekdays. Can you regularly be active at these times?
For the most part yes, of course as with most life may interfere as I work and am wary of skipping out on things with family, but I promise that I will do my best to make such events (especially since that's why I'm here!)

7. Do you agree to keep your PvP gear well stocked? If applying for EoC, can you stock up on the required gear found as a sticky in the 'Join the Clan' forum?  Your gear will be checked when you are given a CC invite.
As I'm no stranger to the occasional death even during pvm, I do keep my pvp gear stocked within reason.

8. Do you understand that all PvP events are mandatory if you are online, and that you face removal from the clan should you blatantly skip these events?
I can absolutely guarantee you that if it is within my ability to be in front of a computer screen during such times, I will be participating. All the skills I train, all the money I gain, and the entirety of Runescape exists for one reason: P...V....P....

Your Activity and Availability

9. Do you agree to check our forums daily, be on IRC at all times while you are in game, and to be on TeamSpeak for all wars and raids? (Please note, these are third party programs, but clans have been using them for years and are crucial to our success, as such they ARE a requirement.  Further details can be provided on request.)
Absolutely. Being a part of the FPS group that beta tested, and to my knowledge continues to beta test Ventrilo for Flagship, I'm not adverse to using voice communication in the least.

10. Is there anything in the near future that may impact your activity or ability to attend events?
The only thing remotely foreseeable that I can see impacting my game play in depth is getting a girlfriend. LOL JK who needs em, really all I could see doing so would be promotions at work which would mean more work hours and responsibility.

Mojo

Very nice application Jordan, welcome to our boards :D
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

Interviewed and Accepted :)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Creeper975

Lord Himself

Welcome to Wg Jordan :D
Hope you like it here ^.^

His Lordship

Jordan, I gotta say this is a beautiful application.
You have no idea to see how refreshing it is to see such attention to detail.
You told us what made us an attractive clan to join and now we can use that information to ensure other players see us the same way.
You gave us plenty of info about yourself so that we could get to like you and understand your personality.

Welcome to the clan. I'm looking forward to joining in some great times with you mate.

PineappleTom

Your app is just as nice as your intro.

Well done ! :D