• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][PvM][/b][/color] Araxxor Guide (in the making...)

Started by Lord Himself, August 11, 2014, 12:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Himself

This be a guide to squish two very big spiders ^.^
(This is my first guide I'm making so sorry for anything not soo professional! :)

Overview

Araxxor is a level 2500, solo/duo boss only. It's considerably harder duoing it, I've yet to confirm that. The process involves dropping Araxxor's health to very low over 3 initial stages. Then as you get close to killing him, another spider Araxxi level 3000, finishes him off and then battle commences to fourth stage with her.

The game mechanics change every day and also change depending on which routes you take inside the lair, but the set up and way to approach this boss is very similar. I will be updating this guide as I come to each different mechanic.

Set up
It is recommended to range this boss. Hence I will put up my set up which you can sub for better slots etc.

This is my set up, you can replace the zaryte for ascensions, they tend to be better. Superior Lotus armour if you have access to can be of great help to learning to kill this boss. However pernix is better in the long run for damage over time. You defo need any old shield, for  a few of the defence abilities. Penance best aura for this, then supreme reverance, simply cause thinking about prayer can get you koed.

Inventory and BOB (I use yak, over time you'll find the better you get at it the less food you really need, but always safe to take more)

27 sara brew flasks; 23 rocktails; 4 restore flasks ( don't need this much if you have penance); Overload flask; Prayer Renewal Flask and Antipoison++ Flask.
Primarily you want more brews for the first three phases, try and use brews throughout the whole kill if you can, rocktails really are back up for when things get sticky.

Getting there...
If you have 92 agility I believe you take red path, if not you have to take blue path. Quickest way to this area is ectophial, don't loose this! Your gravestone can get attacked by an acid spider, it will degrade VERY FAST! I have a 15 minute gravestone, get a good gravestone is recommended.

Layout of my screen and action bar, this is what I found most effective. You can change accordingly.

PineappleTom

Nice guide, I look forward to the finished article :)

slayer123121

^^ I tried and died twice on the first day, waaaay to complicated this boss  :'( So maybe once it's done i'll give it another go!
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon

Patty

Neat, cheers for working on this I'll give it another go this weekend, tried a few times and died horribly :(.

Lord Himself

To be honest, you probably will die many times over, I died all day, trying it literally for a whole day. Managed to kill it in this gear and set up only earlier today. Wasted a good 15mil on supplies learning to do it.
But yeah it does break even and is very possible, even once I finish the guide, this boss really does rely on your own concentration. I'll try and finish up the main points tomorrow.

Chilli

Can you get away with like armadyl and royal cbow?

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Lord Himself

Quote from: Chilli on August 14, 2014, 09:47:17 PM
Can you get away with like armadyl and royal cbow?
I've actually been using royal crossbow and find it's very doable, I'm sure it's possibly with armadyl armour aswell, just a lot harder to when you're learning it.
I'll try it today in armadyl gear, but yeah royal crossbow is a perfect sub, you could also use dual chaotics :)

PineappleTom

Lord Himself

Quote from: Rodney75 on August 30, 2014, 11:55:08 AM
3 deaths :(
don't worry i died about 20x before i got it... lets find out where it's going wrong.