• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Humans need not apply (for future jobs)

Started by Ts Stormrage, August 18, 2014, 12:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

If you're certain about your job-security, you may want to watch this video, or even send it to someone who could use a dousing of reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Asaad

Wow, I truly wonder what is to become of the 45% of unemployable people. This is an insane figure. There's no way a government can sustain half of their citizens without jobs. What kind of jobs do you guys think will be a fitting replacement for all these people? I'd really like some creative answers to this problem. I can't think of anything and the problem is really real.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Vio

Quote from: Asaad on August 18, 2014, 07:01:36 AM
What kind of jobs do you guys think will be a fitting replacement for all these people? I'd really like some creative answers to this problem.

The answer is creative jobs.
Robots won't write novels/symphonies, come up with concepts for TV or films, design games, etc.
Get into the media industry and you should be fine.

Ts Stormrage

I assume the both of you saw that bit in the vid?

45% of the people cannot start jobs in the creative sector.
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Vio

Owen

Quote from: Vio on August 18, 2014, 02:39:47 PM
I am not 45% of people ##

So you're how old now?  What's your current employment status again?

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Vio

Quote from: Owen on August 18, 2014, 03:07:03 PM
Quote from: Vio on August 18, 2014, 02:39:47 PM
I am not 45% of people ##

So you're how old now?  What's your current employment status again?

21 and awaiting a CRB check, after which I am guaranteed a job at £75 a day which rises to £110 a day after 6 weeks :)

slayer123121

Interesting Vid, only time will tell how much it affects people! Luckily I do my own Business and It'll be good for my working Life, after that is some other Genius's problem  ## :woeh: but i imagine 50 years from now will be very different to how things are now.
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon