• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

The Wilderness - an article I wrote about it for the Tip.it Times

Started by Ts Stormrage, May 04, 2014, 08:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ts Stormrage

Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mojo

tl;dr but what if they did a "wilderness rejuvenation" similar to the one they have done in the OSRS wilderness?

Do you think it still wouldn't recover?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Very controversial at times but well thought out.
I will provide more detail once I've read it properly - I only skimmed this time.

Ts Stormrage

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on May 05, 2014, 08:07:01 AM
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Devblog:Rejuvenating_the_Wilderness

Updates such as the ones in that blog, but obviously tuned to be more RS3 relevant.
Monster Spawns: Probably a big no here, cuz as I said in my article, the risk/reward equation comes nowhere near the stuff in the rest of runescape, simply due to the fact that you can lose all your stuff.
Resources: Only the new fish is worth it if Manta Rays (also healing 22) cannot already be collected from Trawler.
Demi Bosses: I don't know if these shields would be best-in-slot, but if not, then it's doomed on arrival.
Bosses: Forcing people to walk out of the wild is a start, but the rest of it is again doomed on arrival if the Dragon Pickaxe weren't already available from somewhere else.
Activities: Fountain of Rune sounds awesome, until you realize you have to walk in with your to-alch items and walk out with all your alched cash, Resource Area suffers from the same symptom as the New Fish, Prayer Recharger is a nice feature for wars, but doesn't attract anyone into the Wild, Thieving Chests depends on the XP rate, not loot.

See, the MASSIVE problem Jagex has, is that they simply REFUSE to put anything in The Wilderness that you cannot get anywhere else (the list above says it all), because they are afraid of the deluge of complaints about unfairness etc. Since they won't step away form than, The Wilderness remains dead.

Ts Stormrage

Quote from: His Lordship on May 05, 2014, 09:13:51 AM
Very controversial at times but well thought out.
I will provide more detail once I've read it properly - I only skimmed this time.
Can't wait to hear it :D

Mojo

Quote from: Ts Stormrage on May 06, 2014, 10:35:47 AM

See, the MASSIVE problem Jagex has, is that they simply REFUSE to put anything in The Wilderness that you cannot get anywhere else (the list above says it all), because they are afraid of the deluge of complaints about unfairness etc. Since they won't step away form than, The Wilderness remains dead.

The OSRS wilderness update has at least 3 major unique drops. Dragon picaxe (7m) and a Mage (2.5m) and Ranged (6.5m) version of the obby shield (new content for OSRS).

So that kinda disproves your point?
Depends if the RS3 side are willing to do the same.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ts Stormrage

It disproves the point for OSRS (for now), I've yet to see something in RS3 wildy that they haven't got, or later make available somewhere outside of the Wild.

Ts Stormrage

I know, I'm zombieing this, but some people promised to post here :)

Turns out; still no such unique drops fro the Wild (so far), and with Legacy Mode, OSRS has seen a relative drop in total players...

Ball is still in jagex' court...