• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Ranks

Started by His Lordship, June 17, 2011, 02:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Quote from: Flames377 on September 29, 2013, 03:58:20 AM
dg is ded
very ded.

Updated with SG ranks and spoiler'd the old DG ranks.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

With SG ranks please.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

Nice edit then removal of edit tag
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

P E A C E

What's the difference between warlord and raidmaster?

Josheh

Quote from: P E A C E on February 17, 2014, 12:54:17 AM

Warlord is an inactive rank

Member since 8-8-8

Al

Something that I thought of, that I'll add to my notes also.

For ranks like raidmaster and eventmaster, we could have a group of members that "help out" with the position as well. Then the incentive for these "helpers" could be the next-in-line for each position. Like unofficially...Raid Captains and Event Captains or something.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Flames377

Quote from: Al on February 17, 2014, 02:04:29 AM

For ranks like raidmaster and eventmaster, we could have a group of members that "help out" with the position as well. Then the incentive for these "helpers" could be the next-in-line for each position. Like unofficially...Raid Captains and Event Captains or something.
Albert pls we have enough ranks as it is.

P E A C E

Al

Quote from: Flames377 on February 17, 2014, 02:27:38 AM
Quote from: Al on February 17, 2014, 02:04:29 AM

Albert pls we have enough ranks as it is.

How about no rank? It'd be sort of a "position" like what NightShade and I have done with the citadel. I think the correct term for it would be a 'clan job', like how it says in RS3 clan chats (you can set members from tens and tens of different job titles). And a new membergroup or a sig isn't needed.

These guys would follow and shadow the main staff members and be preferred to take over whenever needed. It would ff-sets the workload for the designated staff members and allows more regular members to take up a leadership role in the clan. The raidmaster or eventmaster can take 2-3 (or however many, but a select few) members and work closely and teach them how it works, and under the rank itself here on this topic they can be mentioned, like "Works closely with raid captains/event leaders." They can also fill in for when raidmasters and eventmasters can't be around.

You could have applications to get this sort of position, and require the person to host or help out in some way a certain amount. A nice pre-leadership program?

Just an idea.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

BeeBee

Raid Captains already existed I thought?
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mojo

Quote from: Josheh on February 17, 2014, 01:34:28 AM

srs answer is that a Warlord has more power.
They are in charge of the PvP aspect of WG and as such can overrule any Raidmaster or Advisor on those matters.

Regarding the raid captain discussion, Chris often asks if people want to be in a calling order and we will notice when people do well. So if you want a shot a better chance of becoming a Raidmaster then that's a good way to start.

Also updated thread with App Manager rank.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Flames377

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on February 17, 2014, 11:49:51 PM

They are in charge of the PvP aspect of WG and as such can overrule any Raidmaster or Advisor on those matters.

Regarding the raid captain discussion, Chris often asks if people want to be in a calling order and we will notice when people do well. So if you want a shot a better chance of becoming a Raidmaster then that's a good way to start.

Pls wg has enough staff members as it is, we don't need any more hazamojo1

Mojo

Quote from: Flames377 on February 17, 2014, 11:58:29 PM
Quote from: Mojohaza1 on February 17, 2014, 11:49:51 PM

Pls wg has enough staff members as it is, we don't need any more hazamojo1
I said this on another thread. 1 leader, 1 advisor (starz is SG but she can help us too), 1raid, 1 EM, 1 app manager.
There's room for one more if there's someone suitable (not sure though).
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

What's wrong with having more staff? It's more people inclined and responsible for the clan's success, what were your thoughts?

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Mister Kyle

I'm sure you've heard the "Too many chiefs, not enough Indians" phrase?

Al

You can look at it in different ways. I see it as an opportunity for more people to get involved, sort of how a corporation works. Give everyone something to do -- people want to but don't know how.

Then there's people that don't want to do anything at all, and that's fine...but we should put everyone's desire and motivation to use.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Abs L

Application Manager is on both existing & deprecated ranks!

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

Mojo

Updated to reflect recent merge
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Vio

Updated with new badges

PineappleTom

Lovely, thank you :)