• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Scapin' on a laptop?

Started by Snowzak, April 07, 2015, 06:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowzak

Howdy clam mates,

I'm in search of a laptop that will allow me to scape acceptably, i.e. not lag during PvP as is the case with my current piece o'shit.

What do you guys use? Any recommendations for gamin' PCs that aren't prohibitively expensive? A friend of mine recommended the Acer Aspire V nitro 15 black edition for a good price/quality ratio, what do you think?

Cheers!

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

james o_o

Hmmmm. Honestly I think any laptop would work. The requirements to run Runescape are very low. If you want some good brands, definitely Acer, Asus, MSI, HP, are all great.

Snowzak

I wish... all my laptops are useless during clan fights (super laggy), whereas desktop computers are fine (with the same internet connection)

Billy O

I bought a new laptop end of January, cost me £400 in a sale (currently £600 I believe) and i play in top spec graphics and have not had a single problem with lag, unless it's been a jägex problem or my internet connect which also has it's moments of spackyness!

All I know is its a HP laptop, didn't spend a fortune, and there's nothing particularly special about it either. I think pretty much all NEW laptops will do the job for rs now

james o_o

Quote from: Snowzak on April 07, 2015, 07:30:20 PM
I wish... all my laptops are useless during clan fights (super laggy), whereas desktop computers are fine (with the same internet connection)

Make sure you are able to distinguish whether it's FPS (frames per second) lag or Latency lag. FPS lag is a result of your computer, latency lag (skipping around, disconnecting) is from your internet connection

Fatboy Rules

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

Quote from: james o_o on April 08, 2015, 12:41:03 AM
Quote from: Snowzak on April 07, 2015, 07:30:20 PM

Make sure you are able to distinguish whether it's FPS (frames per second) lag or Latency lag. FPS lag is a result of your computer, latency lag (skipping around, disconnecting) is from your internet connection

All I know is that if I use the desktop computer on the same connection, there's no lag

Dieyou2000

Just build a cheap desktop unless you need the laptop for portability.

btraill

I scape on my Asus laptop.

6GB RAM
i7 @ 2.3ghz
NVIDIA GeFroce GT630M

Chilli

I play on a HP pavillion laptop

AMD A10 2.1ghz Quad core
AMD Radeon 8610G+8760M Dual graphics ( About 2gig dedicated )
8Gig RAM
1TB Hard drive

Windows index score :

Cost me 450 i can scape on max and play the witcher etc.

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader