• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Why Do You Still Play Runescape?

Started by Wayshow, June 20, 2015, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayshow

Most of our friends who played with us have quit, but why do y'all stick to Runescape? There are more popular games, with better graphics, better controls...etc etc,

My reason is actually pretty lame. I'm too lazy to start a new game, they seem confusing. Also, this game is easy as fk, and more adventure-y. I don't like over-fast paced games that make me nervous (which is also why I avoid bossing) because my reaction time is slooowwwwwww

And the biggest reason is you guys ofc ;) <3

Chilli

My honest answer is, i really dont know

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

WitchDoggy

PineappleTom

It's easy to stay on a game you know a lot about, when you have little time.

Otherwise, your time would be spent learning a new game rather than playing it.

Scimmy

"It began with a scorpion"
[spoiler=My Hall of Fame]

[/spoiler]

Fatboy Rules

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

Simple answer is I don't. But I'll answer. ##

I concur that it's adventure-y. I've grown up experiencing the same characters (in quests) and want to stay with what happens. Same principle to why we play games like GTA?

It's simple, easily accessible. Not to difficult to figure things out in the game and still enjoy some complexity.

Another huge reason is it's good to socialize on. RS has lots of activities you can do with other people and talk. It can be relaxing.

You get to choose what you want to do with your character. Lots of freedom and part of enjoying a game is being able to do what you want, enjoy any aspect of it and not get too bored of one thing. A big part of this is there's always something new, so unlike a game like Call of Duty, there'll always be fresh content.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Yeh familiarity plays a big role for me as of course does clanning.
I tend to have peaks and troughs of interest but the trough never lasts too long :>
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

I CE Y

I can't quit the addiction and when there is nobody on League of Legends or Call of Duty then it's just a game I can actually play on my own and enjoy without too much stress.

Also I'm literally too fucking good at it to ever quit.

#ProdigyLives4Ever

slayer123121

Quote from: I CE Y on June 20, 2015, 11:05:02 PM
I can't quit the addiction and when there is nobody on League of Legends or Call of Duty then it's just a game I can actually play on my own and enjoy without too much stress.

Also I'm literally too fucking good at it to ever quit.

#ProdigyLives4Ever

## :dowant: :dowant:

Aye nothing beats jumping on Cod and ghosting some kid who bitchs about it then  ## ##

Essentially still enjoy playing the game and i got idiots like icy who keep me occupied add in you invest such an amount of time what else can you do with it  :dowant:
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon

PineappleTom

Wayshow

GT Rey

Snowzak

I had quit for a while and RS3 felt overcomplicated to relearn, so OSRS is great because it's familiar. I guess there's also something that brings me back to my teen years.

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

btraill

Reasons:

It's a browser-based applet game that can be run on remotely anything.
Sandbox games are the only games I fully enjoy paying. (The option to level any skill you like without restriction)
Nostalgia