• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

(OSRS) What are you doing differently?

Started by Snowzak, July 30, 2015, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowzak

Hey so maybe this is irrelevant but I was wondering if you guys managed your accounts differently than you did your first account back in actual 07 if you actually played it. If so, what's different?

For instance, I spend much more cash, and on different things. I used to manage my account much like ironman mode today: I would hoard most of the drops and stuff I got, thinking "it will come in handy at some point, when I decide to train X skill". Now I just dump everything on the GE instantly and invest in what is more time-efficient.

Not sure if it's just the GE that allows that, or if I've just changed my game style..

I also used to like to skill for the hell of it, and get my level 50 in every fucking skill just 'cos, now I'm way more focused on PvP so I tend to only do what I NEED to do to advance combat stats and GP. Where I would not have hesitated to sink millions into herblore, crafting, fletching, I now splurge on super sets and stamina potions just because I'm impatient to train up.

So what's changed for you and why?

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

WitchDoggy

when i first played runescape i was gaining maybe 1k xp per day, now when i log on i try to get 75k+ 07 xp each day and if i ever log onto RS3 again about 200k+ per day

Mojo

Similar story for most people I think.
When I was playing RS aged 11 in 2004 I didn't care about being efficient, best XP rates etc.
Now I'm more focussed on that and also similar to snowz on 07 my account is purely focussed on being ready for PvP, which it basically is now.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Wayshow

I didnt get membership until 2011, so everything's different  :<

His Lordship

Good topic.
I'm not a hoarder any more. I get rid of anything I don't need even though I have plenty of bank space.
Also I don't explore much any more. It's all about my comfort zone now.

Taibz

I don't buy that many items. I stick to what I have. Back when I was younger, I kept buying shit and sold it back when I got bored of it. Dbow is a classic item that comes to mind.

I don't sell stuff to get a bigger cash stack. The only resources I sell are stuff that I farmed for the sake of selling them. Other than that, I try to keep most items I gather, such as herbs, runes, armor etc.

Nowadays I can play ALOT more efficient. It used to take like a week to get 90-91 strength. Now I can do that easily in a day.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

PineappleTom

Back in 07, I used to work for XP and gold.

Nowadays, I log onto RS3 and Jagex throw XP at me, followed by a large helping of GP.

Mojo

Quote from: Rodney75 on July 30, 2015, 07:08:23 PM
Back in 07, I used to work for XP and gold.

Nowadays, I log onto RS3 and Jagex throw XP at me, followed by a large helping of GP.
but I personally don't complain when they do! :>
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Blackraide88

Funny topic indeed.

I'm way more efficient, just like a lot of other people I just focus on the skills I need for pking/bossing. I don't care about the other skills anymore. Mostly because I just don't have the time, the idea of an ironman is really cool. I would just not have the time to do it properly. I do tend to keep everything I get, lots of herbs etc.

Back in the day I hated quests, like really really hated them. I now almost have the same amount of QP's I have on my old account. Already doing some quests I never did on my old account.

Wayshow

Definitely I have stress more importance on leveling rather than running around. Still a horrible money maker, stingy spender, and bad at basically all sorts of pvm. Most of my money is made from farming now so I guess that's also different

Bandeye

I thought quests were a waste of my time and so was slayer when I first started playing. Now, I know how useful both can be. Just gaining knowledge of the game changes how you play honestly. The biggest thing I changed from before is to 1. Started slayer early 2. Didn't overpay just bc I wanted something faster and lastly 3. I made goals for my account

Snowzak

Quote from: Blackraide88 on July 30, 2015, 10:07:03 PMMostly because I just don't have the time, the idea of an ironman is really cool. I would just not have the time to do it properly. I do tend to keep everything I get, lots of herbs etc.

I actually wish there was an ironman mode back then, would've loved doing that... minus the no pking aspect

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

Lait_Choco

Quote from: WitchDoggy on July 30, 2015, 03:12:31 PM
when i first played runescape i was gaining maybe 1k xp per day, now when i log on i try to get 75k+ 07 xp each day.

This.
Got more efficient when training skills I guess.
I don't panic buy/sell anything now, saves a lot of money.

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Restore PvP

I use to hate questing. I would have all the skills and never do them unless massive rewards like Swan Song or DT. First thing I've done since back is get all the skills for the quest cape and going through them pretty quickly now just to get them out of the way.

I still can't stand achievement diaries that much, but maybe it's because I can't do half the hard tasks and barely scratch the elites as of now.

- Restore PvP

Wizard

Besides having to get pvp up a thousand times faster than I had to originally, otherwise I'm slow to train the skills as I use to be rip.

Fez Serket

I started playing by 2009 but I would just put stuff in my bank and forget about it for a year lol
Now I have everything organize in different tabs and sell my stuff monthly unless I have a goal. I try to be 70% ironman with my main if that makes sense. :p