• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

AFK training removed

Started by Mojo, September 11, 2015, 12:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

so today It appears Jagex have finally fixed a long standing and contentious issue in 07, AFK training. The common methods were AFK splashing and AFK guthans. The hidden update made today logs you out of 07 after 20 minutes of no interaction with your client.

I'm pleased they've finally removed it but it's come way too late but never made sense to be able to train in a game without being there but since it was legal myself and many others used it to gain many levels! I'm disappointed that many of our newer members never got to use this OP training method while most established clans have many maxed accounts which used it.

Thoughts on the removal?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

I CE Y

Good riddance to that cheap ass shit.

Mister Kyle

btraill

Shiiit... Well I can say that it was for sure a massive plus for me. I don't have all the time in the world some days and just being able to log in and run some combat exp in the background made it a lot easier. I wouldn't be anywhere near 85 if it weren't for AFKing Giant Spiders / Splashing.

Mochacho456

Al

:(

Only got to take advantage of it a little bit then. And I wasn't even aware of AFKing at Giant Spiders yet. I thought this was a sort of good advertising point for OSRS, like for PvP clans especially. Ask RS3 clanmates to transfer over if they got bored like me and "all you have to do is splash!" One of the biggest reasons people don't want to play OSRS is because people don't want to re-do and re-train things right? So I feel this is taking that away.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

PineappleTom

I like it being removed.

I thought about using it but didn't agree with it so I never did (hence my stats :p )

Every 20 minutes is still pretty AFKable...

Taibz

Yes! Now we can have a proper combat competition. Last time the top 3 people were just afking with guthans, so I couldn't really compete with that.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Snowzak

fuck I'd just bought a smoke staff

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

btraill

Quote from: Taibz on September 11, 2015, 01:01:07 PM
Yes! Now we can have a proper combat competition. Last time the top 3 people were just afking with guthans, so I couldn't really compete with that.

I take that as you signing up for the Slayer tracker? :P

I've added your name if you wish to participate but don't feel forced to.

1st- 1m
2nd -750k
3rd- 500k

Anat

Lait_Choco

Glad to see it gone! Took long enough. You either play or you don't.

^This
Unfair to people who don't splash/ afk nmz .

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Lordsamm

I think that it can has a big effect on warring clans. Lots of people who came back did max out really fast with NMZ and they don't care about Runescape as a game, just the clanning part.

Mochacho456

Of course you couldn't. I maxed out back in 2006 in high school, can't do it again with a job and responsibilities now. Why max out twice manually?

Suffud

I'm really happy about it, it lessened the achivements of the high stats. HOWEVER, the damage is done purely from how many people did it. If they did it a week after, then its understandable, but its far too late now and anybody who never utilised it is at a MASSIVE disadvantage compared to one who did.

Faraday122

Very happy this has gone.  It is way too late, but better too late than never. 
I think Guthans will make a recovery when all the scrubs who panic sold it realise that its still one of the best barrows sets. 
As for the smoke battlestaff?  Will probably drop down to around the same prices as the other combination staffs, maybe a little higher. 

As the dude who came 3rd... I got the vast majority of my xp that month camping wyverns.
Just saying. 

Snowzak

Agree with Suffud, I feel that if the want to make up for the gap between those who maxed with nmz and those who didn't have the opportunity to do so they should introduce another mean for the others to catch up..

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

Mojo

You can still max at nmz. Just not with the guthans  method. The other methods are still semi-afk.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]