• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

DarkScape - Massive RS3 PvP Update

Started by Mojo, September 16, 2015, 01:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Well Jagex have completely surprised everyone and have been developing a massive PvP update on RS3, although it uses separate servers. It's even F2P:

http://youtu.be/B447TPxqhdQ

https://darkscape.runescape.com

Haven't had the chance to try it yet but I'm quite pleasantly surprised that Jagex have put this much effort into a RS3 PvP update!
Also they seem to have implemented an idea proposed on Zybez almost 10 years ago. That of splitting the world into pieces and forcing people to walk between sections to transfer items.

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

I CE Y

I particularly like how it's F2P and that if you are a member you get 1.5x XP, more bank space and the extra items protected on death!

Will be giving it a try!

Edit: Can't find how you open it on Swiftkit, and my client goes black when I open it..

WitchDoggy

Lait_Choco

Wow looks really cool! Shame I don't play RS3. I hope that the deadman mode for OSRS is gonna be like this.
Goodluck to all of you.

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Frozen 10

Ploxyes

Very interesting indeed. Gonna have to give this a try.

PineappleTom

Barely got going on 07, now they want me to start again at level 3? Holey moley.

jaredspurr

Lordsamm

OSRS will come with kinda the same thing. Deadman mode. I think it's cool if we start play that with a group so we can help each other. They gonna show more at Runefest also.

RS3 has change too much for me. Can't recognize it anymore.

Armybuilder

Might debate getting back into rs for this

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Al

Kinda bothered by the fact that I'll have to distribute my time between this and OSRS but looks like a great update.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

I CE Y

Quote from: Al on September 16, 2015, 10:19:19 PM
Kinda bothered by the fact that I'll have to distribute my time between this and OSRS but looks like a great update.

My struggle is.. I have an RS3 main, an 07 Main, an RS3 Ironman and then this.. the struggles

I CE Y

Well today we've had atleast 5 people come in to His Lordship's friends chat trying to join WG on the DarkScape side of things..not particularly sure what to tell them

Mojo

@I CE Y Tell them to stick in the FC and guest join "Wilderness Guardians" CC. We made a CC last night.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

Looks tremendously exciting (and when you think about it's close to how RS classic worked, a formulae that led to the constitution of huge clans...) but I doubt I'll have the time to play it much unless our focus shifts again..

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

Tythus