• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

News:

HELLO DOES THIS ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING

Main Menu

paris

Started by jaredspurr, November 14, 2015, 02:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredspurr

hope all clan mates in the area are safe, sadly 140+ people have lost they lives due to terrorist. this is topic is not about flamming them even though most would love to, @Mojo do we have any members that you can think of from the area

Mojo

There are few French members in the clan or clan world. Only one I know is Snowzak, don't think he lives in Paris luckily.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Mochacho456

Unfortunately this is going to become more and more common, as it has become in the last few years.

Suffud

Had a friend only get home today after being over there. She was pretty freaked out over it. Horrible thing to happen, i'm surprised it was so low casualties, if they actually got the first off in the stadium as intended, then everybody floods out and hit them, would of been 1000s.

Snowzak

I live near enough that I go regularly to the places targeted. Was at the Bataclan concert hall 24 hours before for a concert and generally hang out in those areas. Scary shit. Know people that know people of course but that seems to be the case with everyone right now, especially among young people. As Moch said, after last time in January the questio wasn't if it was going to happen again but when it would.

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

jaredspurr

paris is doing which i wish usa would do and just bomb the fuck out of them

Mojo

Quote from: jaredspurr on November 16, 2015, 03:52:04 AM
USA has been bombing ISIS a lot more frequently than France has been.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

Mojo is correct- sadly it seems that bombing Syria and Iraq isn't really a strategy that can be entirely effective: all of the actors are born and raised in France. For me the root causes are at home, as are the solutions: schools, sports, jobs and anything that can help connect our Muslim youth to the rest of society.

jaredspurr

Quote from: Mojo on November 16, 2015, 04:45:59 AM

i feel like we haven't done it well enough, the next day france is bombing they main capital. and as i read it said france is making it rain hellfire lol

Mochacho456

Quote from: Snowzak on November 16, 2015, 03:03:53 PM
Mojo is correct- sadly it seems that bombing Syria and Iraq isn't really a strategy that can be entirely effective: all of the actors are born and raised in France. For me the root causes are at home, as are the solutions: schools, sports, jobs and anything that can help connect our Muslim youth to the rest of society.

At least one was posing as a syrian refugee, possibly from another middle eastern country. There are several ways to win this fight, easily too - it just "costs" too much.

1. Level Raqqa / Syria into a parking lot [Cost: Losing Position of the righteous, "humanity"]
2. 250,000 american boots on the ground [Cost: American lives]

Unfortunately Daesh has been abusing the migrant flow and integrated actors within the groups of refugees with fake passports, stolen passports, cover stories, and i'm sure there are many many more cells in France, UK, Sweden and most certainly Germany. the USA / Canada have an advantage have having a nice water gap and can heavily screen refugees, but Canada has already been hit by 2 lone wolf terrorist attacks, and i fear more will follow.

There's no way to "win" without losing. We are in for a few interesting years.

Snowzak

Quote from: jaredspurr on November 16, 2015, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: Mojo on November 16, 2015, 04:45:59 AM

i feel like we haven't done it well enough, the next day france is bombing they main capital. and as i read it said france is making it rain hellfire lol

Nah they dropped 20 bombs, destroyed some camps but no kills apparently.

Yeah Moch there's no 0 cost option of course - but what should we do? turn away everyone fleeing from ISIS on the grounds they might be ISIS?

Mochacho456

Yeah Moch there's no 0 cost option of course - but what should we do? turn away everyone fleeing from ISIS on the grounds they might be ISIS?

Would you buy a bag of 25 apples if one of those apples would kill you and behead your family?

I have some pretty hard core conservative beliefs - If an option presents serious risks, the option should be rejected. We can't "Screen" Syrian refugees. There's no Syrian government left to verify the identities, the passports are half fake, the others have been stolen, etc. There's no winning in all of this - but we can always choose not to increase risk. I feel the best option from the point of the west is to pay towards massive camps in Turkey / SA / Qatar, etc. For the cost of bringing 1 family over, they could sponsor 10 overseas.

Kyle

Quote from: Snowzak on November 15, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
I live near enough that I go regularly to the places targeted. Was at the Bataclan concert hall 24 hours before for a concert and generally hang out in those areas. Scary shit. Know people that know people of course but that seems to be the case with everyone right now, especially among young people. As Moch said, after last time in January the questio wasn't if it was going to happen again but when it would.

Glad you're okay, mate.

Lait_Choco

Good to hear you are okay Snowzak & haven't lost anyone of your family/friends.

Btw; Brussels terror level 4 out of 4, rest of Belgium level 3,
level 4 : avoid places where many people congregate : concerts and major events , stations and airports , public transport and busy shopping streets. And it doesn't suprise it was organized in Molenbeek.
+ 400 mil euro for police forces, and army on the streets.

Belgian troops on the streets of Brussels.

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Fury Os

Scary stuff man.  :/
Southern California Born and Raised