• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Genesis' Solo Vet'ion Guide (Post Patch Safespot Flinching)

Started by WG Genesis, February 07, 2016, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WG Genesis

Welcome to my solo Vet'ion guide! SOLO GUIDE. This method is a bit difficult to do with more than 1 person without really good coordination due to the way in which the boss aggro works. As far as I'm aware, there are 2 methods to "safespotting" Vet'ion. There's the one that this guide is about which traps him into a spot and you can safely flinch him. Then there's another one which lets you safely kill him without the need to flinch. Unfortunately, I only know how to do the first one.

Important terminology: "Flinching" means attack the boss once, then walking into safe range immediately (1 step south in this case). Wait for his health bar to disappear before attacking him again.

To begin with, the picture below shows the gear and inventory setup I use. The boss is weak to crush so you're gonna want to use a crush weapon. Now, for the first method, it does not matter how slow your weapon is since you have to flinch the boss anyway so I went with a BGS. Good alternatives for the weapon slot would be an AGS, SGS, Dragon Warhammer, Abyssal Bludgeon or even a verac's flail if you really don't have money.

As for the rest of my gear, I take the Dwarven helmet for more crush bonus but you can replace it with a neit for the prayer and strength bonus. Moreover, I use a salve amulet (e) since it gives me a 20% damage bonus. You'd want a piece of jewellery to teleport you out of 30 wildy (safespot is a few steps into 31 wild). In my case, I used a slayer ring. I take 2 super att/str potions and 3 prayer potions. This lasts me about 4 kills since I use 2 doses per kill (1 for purple form, 1 for orange form). As for the rest of my gear, it's pretty self-explanatory.

So before we begin, take note of the spot I am standing on in the picture below. This spot shows the line (going east and west) at which Vet'ion loses aggro. It'll be important later.

To get to Vet'ion, all you have to do is teleport to corp cave and run straight north. You will see Vet'ion somewhere close to the lava as you run all the way north (he could be a little east of the lava too). Run up to him (not too close) while praying mage. He has 2 main attacks that I am aware of. 1) He'll shoot 3 white lightning bolts that do magic damage (can be avoided by running away from the spot they hit the ground). 2) If you're close to him, he'll slam the ground in an 11x11 square around him and deal (often heavy) damage to players around him THROUGH PRAYER.

Once he catches aggro, you're going to want to run south and right under this tree trunk. He'll slowly walk towards you. Once he is around where you can see in the picture below (or a few steps north since he will hit you through prayer if he gets too close), run west immediately but DO NOT CROSS THE LINE I mentioned earlier or he will lose aggro and wander off. If you let him get too close to you, you will be hit (sometimes over 40) and prayer won't help.

You're going to want to stick to the south part of this first chunk of rocks as you run west. He'll keep following you.

This spot in the picture below is where you're going to want to stop. Then you'll wait for him to get to the rock in the previous picture. After that, run south and he will lose aggro.

He has lost his aggro on you in the picture below but he's somewhat stuck (not completely)

After you hit him once, he'll automatically move into the proper spot and you can safely flinch him from here.

Once you get the first form to about half hp, he will summon 2 skeleton hellhounds (DEFINITELY PRAY MELEE AGAINST THEM). You can kill them past the line mentioned in the second picture of this post and Vet'ion will not attack you.

Once you kill them, you can now go back to killing Vet'ion. Once you kill his purple form, he'll turn orange and will have full hp again.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not kill him in under 5 minutes in this form, he will transform back to his purple self. However, he will carry on the hp he had when you were killing him in the orange form (if he was 160 hp in orange, he will now be 160 hp in purple). Moreover, if you had already killed the hellhounds in this form, they won't spawn again.

At half hp, the orange form will also spawn 2 hellhounds. Kill these then kill the boss.

Congratulations, you have successfully learned how to kill Vet'ion! He's a really easy boss but it might take a while to kill him. Be wary of pkers (USUALLY from the north-east side). Fortunately, you can run a few steps south and tele out at 30 wild.

Any feedback/recommendations are welcome :D

Silver Hze

D om

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al Kind A

Very detailed guide, clearly you have put alot of time into this and i will use it later on when i get buy my hasta :)

WG Genesis

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Al Kind A on February 07, 2016, 02:26:16 PM
Very detailed guide, clearly you have put alot of time into this and i will use it later on when i get buy my hasta :)

Thanks :D I would recommend a godsword or another crush weapon (from the ones mentioned in the guide) over a hasta for this method. Since you have to wait for the boss' health bar to disappear, it does not matter how slow your weapon is. While the hasta is much better for the hellhounds since it attacks faster, I think getting another crush weapon is better overall.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Suffud

Great guide, if you speak to Klumpen he might be able to help you improve it more.

itz sdeezy

WG Genesis

Quote from: itz sdeezy on February 12, 2016, 01:49:00 AM
Thanks, could you post a video tutorial as well?

I used screenshots in order to avoid making a video but sure, can do. I'll work on it later tonight.

Edit: Bought Fraps since I wanted to use it for CSGO anyways but it apparently doesn't work with RS. So no video, sorry.