• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Lucid Dreaming

Started by O_Beast, June 26, 2016, 10:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O_Beast

Ok, so I was suffering IRL with night traumas & hallucinations due to the meds I take and I was searching online for ways to regain a peaceful night sleep. One guy on Reddit had posted up a series of 8 hour long soundtracks that allow you to become more aware in your dreams.. I started to use these about 4 months ago and at first found it very hard to relax and let it do its job, but now I have fucking awesome dreams every other day lol. I am virtually awake in dreamland alot of the time.. free thinking & decision making.. You have to trust it and really ignore any brain signals to move and jut listen to the music while you fall asleep.

Given this channel a shot. It is worth it IMO

https://www.youtube.com/user/BrainwavePowerMusic

LilRyan

Sounds intense I might give it a shot, as I also suffer from nightmares.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

DroVillain

I mastered lucid dreaming.

It ended up backfiring because I would never be fully asleep. I was completely conscious of my dogs breathing patterns  and noises happening outside, all while choosing and knit picking what was going on in my dream.

I never had nightmares or anything, I just learned to realize I was dreaming and take control. Took over a month of ambient to reset my sleep schedule and now I rarely take control of my dream unless it's a bad one which I talk myself awake. (Gf can hear me mumbling louder and louder until I speak myself awake )

Anthony

This stuff actually work?

Tragar

https://youtu.be/fGuR4GOV5L0

Sorry I couldn't help myself. Think of this scene every time i hear about lucid dreaming.

vHennessey

I have never tried lucid dreaming, it scares the hell out of me and some people say that there is a chance of not waking up :/

Al

What's really scary is sleep paralysis...being awake but not being able to move. I was snoozing once while a friend was near and I started talking to him, instructing him to lift my upper body up because I couldn't move. Eyes closed, completely aware and hearing of surroundings, but paralyzed. He thought I was sleep talking/dreaming, and didn't really believe I was conscious.

Might happen when you wake or come out of your partially-asleep lucid dreaming. When it happened I held my breath until I jolted myself awake.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Vio

I had a lucid dream once. I was about to have as much sex as possible, but then I thought, "wait, I'll be posting about this on WG forums when I wake up" so I just kept it pg-13.