• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Pokemon Go

Started by Mojo, July 13, 2016, 07:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I assume some of you have been playing this.
I've tried it a bit myself even though I don't really know much about it. Quite an addicting game :D

Use this topic to discuss anything related to it!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Suffud

Play it with my girl friend & on the way to work. Know a fair bit about how it works but my god its ridiculous to get into gyms, similar to the OSRS new skills high score racing. Its stupidly competitive.

I've put a few hours into it and walked around, but there's students in my area which are in the level 20 range with Pokemon at 2000 CP already. I've managed to find a few gyms which somebody has taken out and joined but quickly been knocked out again shortly after. You get bonus exp/coins for holding the gyms which then can be spent on lures to get pokemon easier...which makes it incredibly hard to keep up if you can't get in a gym.

Hatching eggs works incredibly well for getting decent pokemon, got myself a Aerodactyl from one was well happy. :D also found out that the starter pokemon are in 2k Eggs so its a way to train those.

Flux

Not going to lie, been filling most of my spare time over the last 4-5 days playing this...
[spoiler=Awards & Signatures]

Joined WG January 18th 2016

Proud Warlord circa. June - September 2016

[/spoiler]

jjason g

MY LEVEL 300 RATTATA WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!!

Anthony

536 hypno is my best so far. I found a bulbasour too

Restore PvP

I want to keep playing badly, but can't find anything near me really. There's 1 gym and no pokestops in a 8-10 mile radius or so.

Ran out of Pokeballs at lvl 7. Highest CP is still in the 300s. Looks like my crowning achievement in Pokemon Go is having 1 of each starter. Woo!

- Restore PvP

Tragar

I think it's entertaining to watch people play this. Like when they have total disregard for traffic and cross a busy street to get that jigglypuff. hilarious  :D

PineappleTom

Downloaded it earlier but I live in the middle of nowhere and there's one spawn point near me. I've caught 4 pidgeys, 3 ratattas and a Spearow from it haha.

Weak.

Suffud

Got from middle of level 8, to level 10 earlier on bus to work by hatching a 5k egg  with a lucky egg and catchingand a ton of generic pokemon + a few pidgeotto/weedle evolutions/transfers and getting a seal :) Egg was a oddish.

Then journey home, disconnect catching a gastly...then lose a insense from another disconnect and now can't reconnect! YAY! Wasted journey home.

PineappleTom

Quote from: Suffud on July 14, 2016, 07:27:35 PM
Got from middle of level 8, to level 10 earlier on bus to work by hatching a 5k egg  with a lucky egg and catchingand a ton of generic pokemon + a few pidgeotto/weedle evolutions/transfers and getting a seal :) Egg was a oddish.

Then journey home, disconnect catching a gastly...then lose a insense from another disconnect and now can't reconnect! YAY! Wasted journey home.

Wish I had the chance to meet Pokemon :(

buddha heist

Played for few Times, only level 4 tho.
But i do have 25 pokemons or so :D
And egg is hatchling!

Suffud

Quote from: PineappleTom on July 14, 2016, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: Suffud on July 14, 2016, 07:27:35 PM

Wish I had the chance to meet Pokemon :(

I've got a Aerodactyl as my main one right now, called Terrordachy although i'm tempted to name them all after random foods. EG Hypno is called Custard.

Flux

I'm level 15 and have caught 59/150. I have quite a few 600, 700 and 800 CP's  :D

[/spoiler]

Suffud

Quote from: Flux on July 15, 2016, 10:51:05 AM
I'm level 15 and have caught 59/150. I have quite a few 600, 700 and 800 CP's  :D

You need to nickname them properly!

I'm still getting a lot of crashes on the pokeballs when I catch them :( Although i found a 560 or so hypno earlier! and it crashed but i still got it! buzzing! Its crazy how many people are playing this under 30 lol.

Suffud

!!! I'll name pokemon after WG members!

Flux

Hasn't been working at all today - thankfully have had no time to play!

I'm 20 candies away from a Charizard too... My friend and I found 5-6 Charmander spawns in a park in London.

[/spoiler]

Suffud

Jammy git! I've still yet to see ANY starters or pikachu, i saw a vepereon of my tracker earlier alking home but game crashed so i got the bus.

Got a scyther earlier from 10k egg, then a drowsie from my 5....but its 264 cp so should evolve well... although ive got a 345 and 528 hypno already.

Tayzon_Day

Quote from: Suffud on July 16, 2016, 08:49:58 PM
Jammy git! I've still yet to see ANY starters or pikachu, i saw a vepereon of my tracker earlier alking home but game crashed so i got the bus. 

caught like 5 pokemon so far, 1 of them was pikachu :)

Flux

[/spoiler]

Musical

I have been playing this game a couple of times myself, and I must say the game doesn't really load very well for me when I try to get into it for the first couple of times. Not only that there is no poke-stops near me really to the point where I have to drive to certain places for poke-stops. Fun game to play though when you are out on the go to places when it actually loads up.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Anthony

Alot of problems with the server  at the moment

Mojo

Quote from: Anthony on July 17, 2016, 08:16:17 PM
Alot of problems with the server  at the moment
They need to ask Discord for server management tips TBH :D
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Suffud

Quote from: killerspecs123 on July 17, 2016, 06:38:50 PM
I have been playing this game a couple of times myself, and I must say the game doesn't really load very well for me when I try to get into it for the first couple of times. Not only that there is no poke-stops near me really to the point where I have to drive to certain places for poke-stops. Fun game to play though when you are out on the go to places when it actually loads up.

The servers are going online in a lot of countries and for some reason they thought it would not be as popular as it is. Apparently poodlesquad or something a bunch of scumbag hackers are ddosing the servers too. To 'show what they can do' cool your good on a computer? Ruin everybody else's fun then.

Infinite RNG

i think it was overhyped tbh

Musical

Quote from: Suffud on July 17, 2016, 11:11:45 PM
Quote from: killerspecs123 on July 17, 2016, 06:38:50 PM

The servers are going online in a lot of countries and for some reason they thought it would not be as popular as it is. Apparently poodlesquad or something a bunch of scumbag hackers are ddosing the servers too. To 'show what they can do' cool your good on a computer? Ruin everybody else's fun then.

oooooh, I heard of poodlesquad, they are the ones who hacked a youtuber known as "leafyishere".
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]