• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Dragon Spear Changes

Started by Mojo, July 28, 2016, 12:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

QuoteWe've made a balancing change to the Dragon spear, Zamorakian spear and Zamorakian hasta in order to address a few problems with the way these weapon handles multiple people special attacking a single target.

Previously, if multiple people used these special attacks on a single target the stun effect would stack up and could potentially last for minutes. This caused all kinds of problems with the way damage was dealt, how prayer points were drained and what happens once a player dies.

With today's update we have changed the way the special attack functions. You can no longer use the Dragon spear, Zamorakian spear or Zamorakian hasta special attack on a target who is already stunned. In addition to this, players are given a 1 tick period of immunity after a stun wears off in which they cannot be stunned again.

This change means that it will be possible to sneak in an action between stuns. Whether you want to drink a prayer potion, eat some food or attempt to teleport or run, you'll have a very small period of time in which you can try.

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Vio

SELL YO SPEARS BUY YO DDS'S MAX DPS LETS GOOOOOOOOO

jaredspurr

really stupid all the people crying that they lost ags and shit, don't risk it then. oh well

Mojo

I was hoping they'd keep the damage stacking from multiple specs TBH :(
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lait_Choco

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Musical

so what will happen to the spears that we take out to wildy for pvp? will we no longer be needing them?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

Quote from: Lait_Choco on July 28, 2016, 05:57:23 PM
rip ROT :(
I wonder how effective mace + smite is. Will be interesting to see how RoT and the other major "spearing clans" react.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

jaredspurr

Quote from: Mojo on July 28, 2016, 07:16:37 PM
I wonder how effective mace + smite is. Will be interesting to see how RoT and the other major "spearing clans" react.

uhh i saw something about ancient mace or something now?

D om

They should buff the mace to rune stats rather than its current mith, allowing groups of 5-10 to smite 1 itemers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armybuilder

Quote from: jaredspurr on July 28, 2016, 08:08:20 PM
Quote from: Mojo on July 28, 2016, 07:16:37 PM

uhh i saw something about ancient mace or something now?

Ancient Mace is an age old trick

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013