• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Jagex's Biggest Mistake

Started by His Lordship, October 07, 2016, 03:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

Musical

Yeah I love old school way more than RS3, but really my reason is because I really grew up with it back in 2006 when I first began playing.

Yeah it has quite a lot of fantasy to it now, and it got to the point where I lost how the game looked and how the items just got..... well.... horribly dumb.

Yeah I remember fishing that way as well, and those rocks are weird to attack.

You don't even spawn in lumbridge anymore. you now spawn in burthope.

Yeah so many cows and goblins.

Yeah them demi gods though.... the lore got to the point where it was confusing to me.

Lodestone is also what make law runes really..... useless.

Yeah that crystal place, beautiful place but just waaaaay to op with the exp rates, and those citadels.... even more op.

Yeah now it has waaaay too much fantasy to where it looks like World of Warcraft.

YOU SHALL NOT.... PASSSS!!!!! -slams staff down-

Yeah I do agree on that magic part to have it a little fantasy.

The balance of Medieval and Fantasy really has gone out of whack.

Yeah I could imagine myself being a skyrim person as well whenever I play it for it has the right touch to where I could play that game for hours. (that is if I had the disk again.)

At one point I remember when there were over 100,000+ players, but now theres barely half of that now.

-coughs- evolution of combat was horrible -coughs-

I did like the dominion tower at one point, until what was called "EOC" flew in.

Yeah why didn't they do that with the dominion tower, and why are those wizards not studying this tower is beyond me.

That face scares me....

I haven't thought about the pker part.

OLD SCHOOL! Hope it never changes to what RS3 has become.

Yes indeed, too many Bandos Tassets and Dragonfire Shields.

Yeah I remember Tutorial island when I first played, that island was probably the best thing ever to me when I first began, and when I was able to get back onto it when OSRS came back out I got very excited.

The community has its ups and downs (trolls and bots), but it is indeed an important part of any game.

Agreed with the minigames and lobby thing.

That quote.... absolutely love it.

I remember mining minerals for the first time... tin and copper and making armour was very exciting to me.

Dragonfire shield - 12m..... rememeber when it was like 43m?

YES! GO BACK TO OLD CONTENT!!!

Steel armour... loved that armour back then.

The Old School team is doing an amazing job to keep the game the way it should be.

When I first held that rune weapon.... I was psyched.

Remember the black hole realm? I never heard of it until like OSRS came back out and was able to visit it, and I think you still can visit it somehow.

I love Runescape as well. I trust Jagex as well.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

I love the commentary man haha!
I know exactly what you're talking about too :P
"YOU SHALL NOT PASS" is when George R R Martin is talking about Gandalf!

Musical

It's also even like World of Warcraft if you add the action bar and compare it to what World of Warcraft has.

Edit: Not to mention the combat is A LOT EASIER, could camp bandos for like 1 full hour (an instance length in rs3), or like to the point where you could stay in there all day.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

jjason g

how much does your mom weight? She is the heaviest thing I've lfited

Mojo

An interesting watch. As you suggest yourself it would be incredibly difficult for Jagex to implement the changes you suggest
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Yikes

Very interesting. Still think EOC was the worst update ever

Tog

See, some of things you've said in this video remind me of why I left World of Warcraft. Certain logical flaws exist within both games that I really find it difficult to overlook. Specifically, "why have bosses never escaped this tower" or "the tower is accessible from the open sky, why can't you just fly up there". It's their use of magic to explain things that are convenient that causes events lacking magic after the fact to seem totally avoidable or dumb.

At the Wrathgate during the events of the WotLK expansion, Horde and Alliance forces team up to try and finally put a stop to the Lich King. Bolvar Fordragon, who you're made to believe is this ultimate Paladin, seems to forget he can cast a divine shield (more commonly known as a bubble) to stop himself from dying in that situation; something even very inexperienced, player controlled paladins can do. Sure, that wouldn't further the plot, but it's hard to say "oh yeah there's nothing he could've done to avoid that" when they show using abilities such as that with relative ease. It's filled to the brim with logical fallacies and plot holes.

When teleportation and flying are so prevalent, it's hard to believe that areas in the world of Azeroth remain undiscovered or unreachable.. Or that certain characters see a certain fate their their abilities should have prevented. Can't think of any better way to explain it? Magic mate. It's magic. Why spend time figuring out a decent way of explaining a situation when you can just say it was magic. It's less effort, right?

Karlfischer

I finally got around to watching this recently, and you do a good job at communicating the problem.  I definitely agree with your points.

One advice though is that I think the part about the tower was not necessary to be so long and is straining the attention of your audience.  You could have got the message across through 5 or so of the best points, and there would have been more impact when they are not diluted by some of your less persuasive points.

itz sdeezy

Aside from EOC, I would say the worst update and revert was taking away free trade.